[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Joe9117

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll keep working on it. I've been trying to sort out all the items that aren't tools or blocks and I've already put a lot into it. Even if you work on it too, I like to try and finish what I start. But I will post what I have so far later.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I should note that a 1.5.2 version of the pack is on the launcher now.
This version is a few commits behind the GitHub version but should work just fine.
Also the most recent version on GitHub has all of the Tinkers Construct tool textures with the exception of the modifiers.

smith0211

Jul 29, 2019
I know that you are hard at work on this pack, but do you think you could make a 1.6 compatible version for us vanilla players? I really like this pack but never get to use it in the current versions until you have all the FTB textures done

benten2000

Jul 29, 2019

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on what version/mod pack you are using.
However for 1.5.2 and 1.6.2 stuff there is a releases folder on there GitHubs.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Armor mostly done.
07HO6Jp.png

This was taken in 1.6 and the IC2 armor render doesn't work yet in that version but the 1.5 version of the textures should work fine.
Also the downloads for the releases have been moved to copy.com via the releases links in the OP.
The best way to get the latest release is to download the last file for whatever version you want.
If you have any problems with the copy.com links let me know.

Joe9117

Jul 29, 2019
I was planning on posting an update on the MineFantasy stuff, but seeing as the style for most of what I've done is changing, I think I'll give it a bit to see how everything turns out...

I was looking at the older version, and seeing all the different choices you had available made this pack just that much cooler. But it also made me wonder: why did you get rid of some of the items like leather until just recently when someone pointed it out and gave you some new ones?

I think you should give some more attention to that older one and give some options like you had then. (most of that stuff I thought was awesome) but that's just my opinion.

But if I'm just blind and completely missed something, then ignore that last part...

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
When you mention the choices are you talking about the previous tool template sheet?
I decided against that because not all the variations fit together well.
I wanted tools of a similar quality/construction to look similar so that is why the current style is what it is.
Also with so many different variations it was starting to become a mess.
However with the new style there will likely still be a few one of items or items that don't fit exactly to the template.
In the end I still preferred a standered rather than a mish-mash.
Hope that helps understand my choice.

Also about the stuff like the leather, I didn't like the old texture so I removed it and had not got around to doing a new one so when someone else made one that looked good I just used that.

Also if you check the GitHub there should be a text file explaining what the different variations should be used for.

Joe9117

Jul 29, 2019
No, what I meant to ask about is: what happened to all the customization options you had on the older site. on minecraftcustomizer or something like that. The one you liinked last on the main post.
The leather and stuff makes sense then.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm glad you like it goreae.
Also I stopped doing the customizer because I was tired of making more than one version of the same item.
That said after looking through it bits and pieces may be making a return.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have been working on a possible major change to the texture pack and before I went to far I thought I would post it here and see what you guys thought of it.
kGfVIgt.png

Edit: On second thought I think I will just end up making a separate vanila only pack with these textures.