[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I haven't been doing much with the game either. In my opinion its one of those game you stop playing every once and a while and then come back to.
I have just added MediaFire and Copy links to the main post for those having trouble with the File Server. So far they only have the latest file for each, I will add the rest of the files when I have a better internet connection.
Also the build script on the 1.6.X GitHub has changed from Ant to Gradle, however you will also need Groovy for it to work. This change was made because the script is now easier to update and works faster now. If you don't know what I'm talking about here dont worry about it.
All that said I am still working on the pack occasionally but because my internet is iffy at the moment I wont be committing to GitHub or releasing very often. This said if someone makes a pull request, once I notice and look it over I will be able to merge it to the GitHub files.
At the time of posting this the 1.6.X releases for the new sites has not finished uploading but should be done soon. Please let me know of any problems.

Joe9117

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't given anything even though I said to expect some soon...
I started working on some Extra Utilities stuff, but only got as far as some of the connected textures. Here if you want em.
I don't know how much help I'll be for a little while; I've got this huge web design project I'm working on with a couple of my friends and it's just taking all of my spare time...

Hopefully I'll find some spare time to continue working on this stuff soon!

Solid Kupo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Been using your texture pack for a while now and I gotta say i like the simple and clean look. So recently I decided to try my hand on texturing since there are a lot of stuff still untexture. Bear in mind that I'm no texture artist nor have any experienced with texturing before. Here the link. Mostly stuff from Mekanism and some random bits from other mods that looks off to me while playing. I hope that this is helpful!

Reactions: Morton00000

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Been using your texture pack for a while now and I gotta say i like the simple and clean look. So recently I decided to try my hand on texturing since there are a lot of stuff still untexture. Bear in mind that I'm no texture artist nor have any experienced with texturing before. Here the link. Mostly stuff from Mekanism and some random bits from other mods that looks off to me while playing. I hope that this is helpful!
It would be preferable if you link to images of the actual textures. Many people like myself aren't in the habit of downloading random zip files.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree with Greevir's post it is more so just because it would be easier to view them for me since I'm not always on my computer. Perhaps a link to a Dropbox folder would serve the purpose a bit better. In any account when I can I will download it to take a look at it.

Edit:
I have downloaded and am looking through the textures now and it looks like you have done quite a bit. Some of the the textures I have already done but were not released yet and some, like chisel, I will have to take a more personal look at before I add them but for the most part so far I like them.

Last edited:

Solid Kupo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sorry for that Greevir. Don't really know how this thing is usually done. I will try to do that when I have more textures to post.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have been working a lot on Reika's models in his mods and am almost done.
I should have a new version of the pack out in a few hours when I finish them.
I will make another post when it is out.

Also if anyone has been working on textures and wants them in the next version you should send them to me now.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's about time for another post. I have finally got around to posting the pack on Curse. I did this in anticipation of the FTB move to Curse and so that possibly more people will use the pack.

Also I have trimmed a number of mods from the pack to make the download smaller and help me focus on finishing them before working on other stuff. This also helps with not feeling overloaded with so many mods. Don't worry I made a backup of the files I removed so when I start back on those mods I can drop the old texture back in.

The pack is also started to be tested with 1.7.2 mods and works just fine.

As always any support or help is welcome and thanks for the help I have already gotten from everyone.

Edit: I have removed the MediaFire and Patcher links because:
MediaFire has been durping on my end.
Keeping the patcher up to date is to much trouble.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well how about another post?

I have been working on some major changes so I think the next version is going to be considered version 2.0.

I am working on a new style for things because I didn't like the feel of the textures anymore.

The pack was meant to have a similar feel to vanilla with similar patterns for things. As you have probably noticed random squares does not feel like vanilla. For this reason I have changed a lot of the base patterns for things like stone, dirt, sand and so on. For thous who may not like the new style the old GitHub located here will still have all the old files. And for thous who want a preview of the changes here is a screenshot.
28Dz1Wj.png

While I have decided to make these changes I still want to know what everyone thinks.

Also I have been working with the Soartex guys to make pack building easier for me. This also means that the patcher will be coming back eventually and be keep more up-to-date.

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
In case you're interested, I compiled data on the colors that GregTech uses from the public API.
http://puu.sh/8wqQp.txt
This way you can make the colors of materials uniform across all mods including GregTech.
Since I'm going to have to write a tool to auto-generate GregTech's meta-generated item textures for use on the wiki, if you're interested I could expand the tool so that you could auto-generate a wide variety of textures given colors + base textures.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
I am sadly having trouble installing to ftb unleashed, I dragged the zip into texture packs, or maybe I'm downloading the wrong one? Lol

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
For unleashed you will want to download the Moded version. Then once minecraft is open open the "options" then "texture packs" then select "open texture pack folder" then put the downloaded zip in there. DONT extract it. After all that it should be selectable and may take a while to load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks for the fast reply, do download the 1.6 or 1.7? I have them both in there and tried them both and nothing happens. Sorry for being such a noob I haven't played in like 1 year ._. Oh and I'm on Linux, not sure if that has anything to do with it

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
On the fast reply my phone buzzes me.
Well it shouldn't matter for the Moded one. That said it would probably be better to grab the 1.7 one because it is newer and will work with both versions. Other than that the pack should take a while to load after selected in minecraft. You may also want to make sure the downloaded pack is not corrupted by trying to unzip it. If it unzips fine then it should work. Btw the pack size is around 60 something mb if I remember right.

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that's about right, well I must be doing something wrong, I'll check it out when I get home. But thanks man! Love the texture pack!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bother again, but it downloads the 1.7 master, is that the right one?

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
It won't work, its in my texture pack folder but nothing? Am I supposed to merge with the vanilla one?

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
No the Moded one has the vanilla textures in it. This problem has me quite confused to.

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.7 master is only 30 mb ima try the 1.6 and is it as mc 1.6 or ftb 1.6?