1001 things to do in modded minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you think this will reach the 1001th Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
24: Program a Crafty Mining Turtle such that it mines resources and uses them to build- and deploy- more Crafty Mining Turtles. Bonus points if they send excess resources to your base in another dimension.

25: Fill a Deep Storage Unit with Octuple Compressed Cobblestone. (That's about eighty quadrillion cobblestone by my count (8*10^16, for those who don't use the American definition of "quadrillion" (frankly, the European one makes more sense, but... habits.)). May go along with the above challenge.)

Reactions: Gamefury64

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
26 Make an extractor legitimately run at .05 seconds per operation, on all phases, without having to switch anything

Malar

Jul 29, 2019
28: craft the Ichor armor set and tools
29: automate thaumcraft infusion altar (is it even possible?)
30: automate refilling of all aspects

(Naturally you automate after you've crafted TTKami)

31: accidentally your entire setup when breaking a machine with pick in square mod

32: craft a pixel-to-block-scale woolen creeper (elite: with vanilla tools only)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malar

Jul 29, 2019
Essentia can be automated with that yes, but placing the actual items on the pedestals and rightclicking with a wand can be tricky. You can make patterns and regular autocrafting for table-crafted TC stuff with Thaumic Energistics.

The automation would probably check for contents in a chest, count them, divide by pedestals and place them symmetrically. The item in the middle would go into another chest. I have no idea how to automate that in AE, since the item can be anything; sometimes ender pearls are in the middle, sometimes in the ring. When all items are placed, an autonomous activator would rightclick the runic matrix with a wand.

You'd probably have to computercraft.

Last edited:

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
#33 Craft Ender thermic pump
#34 Use 90% of remaining resources to craft ender quarry
#35 go to the nether and accidentally place the ender quarry instead of the ET pump, break it to pick it up and watch it fall in the lava

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
36: Automate inscriber, charger and crystal growth
36 1/2: Bonus points if the crystal growth accelerators are only powered when needed

Reactions: MobsterMuley

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
37: Make a cake factory, and use it to power your base
38: Make a treehouse base in a natura redwood tree

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
OK this one is tricky to pull off but is amazing if possible.

39 master all mods in a pack and use them together to accomplish goals

Malar

Jul 29, 2019
Can level emitters emit while something is being crafted through an interface? I know that they can be used for crafting.

What you do is, you use steve's factory manager and an item gate at the bottom of the pool.

You tell it to pick up any completed fluix,pure fluix, pure certus, pure nether it sees above it.

You use a redstone emitter from Steve's factory manager and an ME toggle bus to turn off the crystals. The redstone emitter is a toggle. It will continue outputting redstone indefinetly until you set it so, you have to make conditions for no items above the item gate as well as items above item gate to turn on and off the redstone signal.

You use a botania open crate or similar dropper above the water, and your interface connected to that.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
40 Make a TNT factory and use it for mana production
41 Make a Tier 6 Blood Magic altar

What you do is, you use steve's factory manager and an item gate at the bottom of the pool.

You tell it to pick up any completed fluix,pure fluix, pure certus, pure nether it sees above it.

You use a redstone emitter from Steve's factory manager and an ME toggle bus to turn off the crystals. The redstone emitter is a toggle. It will continue outputting redstone indefinetly until you set it so, you have to make conditions for no items above the item gate as well as items above item gate to turn on and off the redstone signal.

You use a botania open crate or similar dropper above the water, and your interface connected to that.
I know that it's possible to do that with SFM and I've done it in the past. But can you do it with level emitters?

Malar

Jul 29, 2019
I know that it's possible to do that with SFM and I've done it in the past. But can you do it with level emitters?

To my knowledge, no. The emitter would have to be able to detect items dropped in the world. AFAIK there is no way to do that in Applied Energistics.
A really dumb way to do it would be to autocraft said items when they are below a certain level AND enable the accelerators when any of the items are below a certain level, but that would leave your accelerators on if you're out of raw materials.

I'd like to be proven wrong though. The crafting monitor knows you're crafting them, maybe you can get a signal from that somehow.