1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
Great list! Very helpful for when players bug me about when 1.5 is going to be out. I just joined FTB with 1.4.7, so do they usually use the developer versions when releasing the updated Mod Pack? Or do they wait for a completely stable build?

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
They typically wait for stable (or what is allowed by the author for public packs). Maybe take a while depending on some mods (Redpower). It isnt really worth losing things like redpower just to upgrade to 1.5.1 for most FTB admins.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods state they don't want an early unstable version being in mod packs. From what I can tell FTB usually wait to update a mod until that mod author says it is stable enough they can be used in packs. Sometimes this works out sometimes it is quite a pain for those who want to update using FTB rather than on their own. Like IC2. FTB has used the old IC2 beta forever before (was it 115?) was released as something FTB could have permissions to add. And that old one was lagging, at least my server, like crazy with the enet debugger spam and we had to keep updating IC2 on our own. At least that is my take on why it took FTB so long to update IC2. Wasn't that there weren't stable versions out, just that the devs didn't want them in packs yet for whatever reason.

Yes, and that's fine for official packs. People are certainly free to manually add mods set around a modpack themselves though. This also allows them to have easy access to what mods are in a modpack, as you need no permission to do it for personal use.

ECrownofFire

Jul 29, 2019
We'll see the update to 1.5 when Eloraam reappears. This will probably take a few months, if the past is any indication.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
We'll see the update to 1.5 when Eloraam reappears. This will probably take a few months, if the past is any indication.

Some packs might leave it out. To me that would be a mistake. RP2 even with bugs adds far more to minecraft than 1.4.7->1.5.1. But I guess you have to draw the line at some point.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Some packs might leave it out. To me that would be a mistake. RP2 even with bugs adds far more to minecraft than 1.4.7->1.5.1. But I guess you have to draw the line at some point.

Eh, the change to vanilla Minecraft from 1.4.7 to 1.5.1 is not the point. A lot of mods have been waiting to add new features until after the update, so there are quite a few neat things coming that I'd rather not wait on RP2.

Currently, I am running Direwolf20 5.2, with Applied Energistics and Bibliocraft.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, the change to vanilla Minecraft from 1.4.7 to 1.5.1 is not the point. A lot of mods have been waiting to add new features until after the update, so there are quite a few neat things coming that I'd rather not wait on RP2.

Currently, I am running Direwolf20 5.2, with Applied Energistics and Bibliocraft.
And they wont be ready for weeks, so if you can see the future please PM me some winning lotto numbers.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft 1.5.1 (pipes are still shy)

f29d92fc56774721add4a75.png
\
ec14a622506941c7a62b7ec.png

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the list ;) And I have to say those shaders look pretty nice. I haven't used any shader mods so far, but maybe I should :D

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The Sun exploding is a "wrong turn"? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1364812539][/DOUBLEPOST]

You don't really need RP2 as much as you did before. The wires I'm still going to miss (can do without though) but I ripped out my entire RP sorting system and replaced it all with AE. Got better FPS as a bonus :)

So unless Eloraam shows some signs of life you probably should be prepared to move away from RP2.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Lets not talk about RP like its dead. For all we know Eloraam is half finished. Buildcraft and IC2 arnt even finished yet anyway. (ill be dammed if Im going back to leaky pipes)

As for my supernova, I'll just rebuild. It's going to take a lot of resources...

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
Why does it say Redpower is in dev 1.5? Redpower only updates about twice a year at most :p Was that an April Fools joke?