[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Milonex

Jul 29, 2019
Great work about 1.1.5 (and 1.1.6) !

May I suggest that if the HQM Quest progression bug continue on the next versions you should change crafting task to detection task ? In SSP that doesn't really matter since we can /hqm edit but for instance on the official server I have to recraft everything including stuff i have already a lot of (Barrel & fruits presser, since i've finished Alcohol Galore in 1.1.4), no thinking of tinker's construct, EnderIO etc...

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Great work about 1.1.5 (and 1.1.6) !

May I suggest that if the HQM Quest progression bug continue on the next versions you should change crafting task to detection task ? In SSP that doesn't really matter since we can /hqm edit but for instance on the official server I have to recraft everything including stuff i have already a lot of (Barrel & fruits presser, since i've finished Alcohol Galore in 1.1.4), no thinking of tinker's construct, EnderIO etc...
Ehh, not an option, sorry. Basically you could make a chest, put all the quest items in and let your buddy do all the quests.

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
Ehh, not an option, sorry. Basically you could make a chest, put all the quest items in and let your buddy do all the quests.

Really if that happens any more, there's very little point in having HQM in the pack anymore. I mean at that point its, start over or cheat, or don't use it.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Really if that happens any more, there's very little point in having HQM in the pack anymore. I mean at that point its, start over or cheat, or don't use it.
Well I know a lot of people that don't use it. It's more for a pack creator to set goals for the player, but it's still Minecraft so you can ignore any goals that is presented to you and build your own goals.

junkumulu

Jul 29, 2019
More quests in mods tha dont have their part yet, like ic2, binnies, super massive tech etc. :D loving this modpack.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
More quests in mods tha dont have their part yet, like ic2, binnies, super massive tech etc. :D loving this modpack.
IC2: Can't make quests for optional mods, sorry. This would require a config archive and so on.
Binnie/Forestry: In planning thanks to @FnDragon :)
Super Massive TecH: Uhm... there are quests for it already. Check "Rivers of Energy", it is rather far down the line.

Reactions: FnDragon and Jadzi

Darkghosty

Jul 29, 2019
First, i too love this pack :) Good job to all that are involved, thanks for all the hard work and putting up with all of us :)

Second, just a quick question. Is the HQM Quest Progression bug going to be there always in the future no matter what every time you do an update? Or is it something that is just going to creep up from time to time?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
First, i too love this pack :) Good job to all that are involved, thanks for all the hard work and putting up with all of us :)

Second, just a quick question. Is the HQM Quest Progression bug going to be there always in the future no matter what every time you do an update? Or is it something that is just going to creep up from time to time?
What bug...?

Darkghosty

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, i meant the bug where people's HQM quest progression gets reset when updating to a new version of the pack. Or maybe I've been understanding that wrong in the posts, is that not actually the case and/or just isolated events? I'm dying to put this on a server for myself and friends, but I was afraid every time a new version comes out we would have to cheat a bunch of items for everyone to get them back to where they were in the HQM progression.

Or does anyone know a way to prevent that from happening from a server admin standpoint?

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, i meant the bug where people's HQM quest progression gets reset when updating to a new version of the pack. Or maybe I've been understanding that wrong in the posts, is that not actually the case and/or just isolated events? I'm dying to put this on a server for myself and friends, but I was afraid every time a new version comes out we would have to cheat a bunch of items for everyone to get them back to where they were in the HQM progression.

Or does anyone know a way to prevent that from happening from a server admin standpoint?
Theoretically it shouldn't happen in the future, unless you change the title of a quest. I don't know what happened between 1.1.4 and 1.1.5+ to cause this, however I assure you it wasn't intentional. I know with other HQM packs you can upgrade usually without any issues.

Reactions: Yulife