[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
The TE fuels config is all messed up. Lava is reduced to 10,000 rf per bucket, putting it at less than 1/3 of the value of a single piece of charcoal. That's either an oversight, or insanity.
Lava is way more easy to produce than charcoal.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not really. So this is an intentional setting?
For infinite lava you need a pump, a redstone engine and a tank. That's it. For a charcoal farm you need a whole bit of infrastructure, something that plants the trees, chops them and smelts them. With these tweaks I encourage people to think how they should do their power creatively.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Kill a tree, save the nether lava.

Lava based power is one the easiest and most heavily used sources of near infinite energy. It's also potentially one of the laggiest ways to do so if not done correctly.

Reactions: Yulife

Gobble

Jul 29, 2019
The important error in your log is the last line: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space.
You have to change the permgen and memory size for your server in your McMyAdmin config file, since MCMA doesn't use the launcher or the server.sh to start Minecraft.

I'm at work at the moment and don't have access to my server, so I couldn't tell you exactly what to change, but somewhere in the config file there's a line with java options, that's what you should look for for permgen.
I think there's another line for memory settings, you should check that too.
thank you very much I would appreciate the assistance. I have found the config file and looked at ti but can't see a logical easy solution Ill await your assistance

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack, A question though, why so many Disabled by default mods? too many noobs don't enable them to join servers....lol

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack, A question though, why so many Disabled by default mods? too many noobs don't enable them to join servers....lol
Optional mods = more freedom to choose what you play
Basically this is due to some mods like Industrialcraft who some people may not like or ProjectBlue and ProjectRed which are in theory the same but differ in small ways so people can choose. Also some people might not have the most great machine so sometimes they need to trim their mods.

Reactions: UrNotFunny

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Optional mods = more freedom to choose what you play
Basically this is due to some mods like Industrialcraft who some people may not like or ProjectBlue and ProjectRed which are in theory the same but differ in small ways so people can choose. Also some people might not have the most great machine so sometimes they need to trim their mods.
just a hassle if a server enables some but not others. Like i just tried to join a server with the Power mods but not ic2 so i couldnt koin till i had the same as the server. Wouldnt it be better to have them enabled and have players disable if there machines can "take" it? makes it easier on servers when getting people to join. Overall im suprised how stable this pack is.....=) its very nice for 189-200 mods

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
thank you very much I would appreciate the assistance. I have found the config file and looked at ti but can't see a logical easy solution Ill await your assistance

Ok, I just checked my server's config:
Somewhere in your McMyadmin.conf file you will find a section titled Java.

You will want to set
Java.Memory=???
to whatever memory you want to give your server in MB (3-4gigs is recommended, so e.g. 3072 or 4096).

and modify or add to
Java.CustomOpts=-XX:permSize=256m
(that's -XX followed by a : and PermSize, is there a way to deactivate smilies for a post?)

For completeness, here's the setting reference for McMyAdmin.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
just a hassle if a server enables some but not others. Like i just tried to join a server with the Power mods but not ic2 so i couldnt koin till i had the same as the server. Wouldnt it be better to have them enabled and have players disable if there machines can "take" it? makes it easier on servers when getting people to join. Overall im suprised how stable this pack is.....=) its very nice for 189-200 mods
It is not an option. Different servers, different optional mods, that is what it always has been. If you don't want to enable/disable the mods all of the time, use multiple MultiMC instances that are compatible with the respective server.

Reactions: UrNotFunny

korant

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I need some help i keep crashing and i don't know why a friend something about Updating screen events error befor he had to go. Im not sure if it is the modpack but please help.

Attachments

• crash-2014-11-20_13.17.47-client.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 61

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I need some help i keep crashing and i don't know why a friend something about Updating screen events error befor he had to go. Im not sure if it is the modpack but please help.
Upload the file to paste.ee.

korant

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! it apparently was this one osmium sword i keep trying to pickup i used a flint and steel to bearn it and haven't crashed yet!