[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

L

Lilysyn

The server's config for edit mode is set to false and still having the problem.

L

Lilysyn

Uploaded server version 2.0.0 and it does not have the problem. The quest book opens right up. So until this is fixed in 2.0.1 just have to use the previous version 2.0.0 for servers.

O

Obuw

Hello. I wanted to host a dedicated server for Wanderlust last night, but my friend (connecting through hamachi) found it unplayable due to network lag. I see 50kbps upstream traffic getting sent to him constantly. We have literally just started playing. We are punching wood. Any ideas what could be happening? Or is this normal? Our previous FTB Infinity playthrough (with a few mods disabled) the upstream traffic was usually around 15kbps when not doing much.

I should note we were next to a village. When in the village the traffic was spiking up to 70-80kbps, and when I put him in creative mode and he flew off to a remote location it went down to around 40kbps. Still heavy usage.

Any mods known to be notorious for this kind of traffic? Maybe we can disable them.

Oh, also, @smallrhys, which server tier from apex are you using? I was considering getting one as well. As for your problem, we haven't actually gotten as far as even getting a quest book yet. HQM was disabled, we had to do /hqm enable, and now it looks like we have to craft the questbook first. Not sure if this is intended?

S

smallrhys

Hello. I wanted to host a dedicated server for Wanderlust last night, but my friend (connecting through hamachi) found it unplayable due to network lag. I see 50kbps upstream traffic getting sent to him constantly. We have literally just started playing. We are punching wood. Any ideas what could be happening? Or is this normal? Our previous FTB Infinity playthrough (with a few mods disabled) the upstream traffic was usually around 15kbps when not doing much.

I should note we were next to a village. When in the village the traffic was spiking up to 70-80kbps, and when I put him in creative mode and he flew off to a remote location it went down to around 40kbps. Still heavy usage.

Any mods known to be notorious for this kind of traffic? Maybe we can disable them.

Oh, also, @smallrhys, which server tier from apex are you using? I was considering getting one as well. As for your problem, we haven't actually gotten as far as even getting a quest book yet. HQM was disabled, we had to do /hqm enable, and now it looks like we have to craft the questbook first. Not sure if this is intended?
I went for thew 4gb ram one cant remember the name of the tier. You can edit the configs to enable hqm from start and for it to give u the books straight away.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
Ayo y'all, where can I find what build y'all are using for the server? I'd like to re-install and get back into the game but I don't remember (or care to go through) all the tweaks the current release needs.

ZeroA

Jul 29, 2019
Ayo y'all, where can I find what build y'all are using for the server? I'd like to re-install and get back into the game but I don't remember (or care to go through) all the tweaks the current release needs.
You have to PM Belathus and ask him for a beta build.

Tirithadan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it unrealistic to assume that there will be another version release for this modpack? Not trying to call into question anyone or anything. It just would be nice to know if we should hold out hope that WLR will receive a (final?) "official" update, or if the writing is on the wall, and the pack has effectively reached EOL.

Thanks!

ZeroA

Jul 29, 2019
There's work being done on the modpack but it's taking a while for the beta to become official and there are a lot of new stuff being added like concentrated ore gen

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
So far it has, from what I still see on IRC. :) And sorry I missed you over there, work is busier than normal this week.

Note we're probably reaching the point where enough mods have moved on to 1.8.x development, that the next release will likely be the last one for the mods themselves. Anything after that would probably be just config and HQM changes.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
So y'all that are playing on the server, is the secret dropbox link getting updated periodically? 'cos I just redownloaded it using the link sent to me and I'm getting a weird seizure on worldgen.

Shardic

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'd like to report a server crashing bug. I'm running the WLR pack on my server and we discovered that if you have the "Mine and Blade battlegear 2" GUI tab open and you shift click a titlescroll from Travelers gear it causes a fatal crash in the server.

This issue is reproducible 100% of the time.

I've uploaded the full crash report to pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/fBu1nqQu