[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for letting me know. I was a bit worried. :)
No problem. They changed the status of the submission, so I know they're aware of an update. They'll get to it soon; they work in order of oldest to newest, so when WLR is the oldest unaddressed submission, they'll get it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I might be missing something but Binnie's new Genetics machines seem just about useless for crossbreeding bees.

With the old machines I'd take a princess, bump her fertility to the highest I had, do the same with a drone I wanted to cross her with, them put her in an alveary with max mutation chance that wouldn't damage bees. Once or twice would be enough to get the cross I wanted, then I'd put the princess and purebred drones in an apiary with automation until she made a bunch of spare drones, then use the spare drones to isolate the genetic traits I wanted from that bee, in particular the species itself.

Can't inoculate princesses at all with Genetics, but even beyond that I've been trying to isolate a bee species gene for over 3 days now. That is 3 real world days, chunkloaded, with the machines running 24x7. Without the ability to isolate the species itself in a timely fashion I can't make a new drone for that species with the traits I want to crossbreed in before going for the next mutation.

With process times like that I think at least when it comes to bees I'm not even going to use the machines until the very end, when I already have all the species/traits I want. Progression through the species has actually been slowed down by using the machines. I could have just automated a bank of apiaries and thrown bees at them until I had the species I wanted, it would have been quicker.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not getting a quest book on start and journey map is disable by default?

*start new game in case there's difference

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not getting a quest book on start and journey map is disable by default?

*start new game in case there's difference
Yeah, Jorneymap is off by default. It made a difference in my frame rate to disable Jorneymap and use Mapwriter, so I figured I'd go back to what Yulife was doing and have both disabled by default.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I use mapwriter for the same reason, better framerate.

Oh, if you had rice planted on farmland before patch you want to grab those seeds before they despawn. My entire rice crop has disappeared. I tried planting rice seed in the same spot I had the farm, won't stay planted now. Probably changed to need more water around it or something.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience with Jorneymap, part of the problem with it is that by default it loads up a web server when you use it. Which is for accessing the map outside of minecraft and potentially on the internet if it is setup for that. In order to disable that you have to go into the settings of the mode and disable that and in doing so it greatly improves it's performance.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find Vsync in video options.
Look again?
2015-08-02_23.48.45.png