[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ehhhh, please respect the amount they've been integrated into quests and scripts. Also, Mystcraft > RFTools.
RFTools adds a tech version of dimension creation, which actually tells you when you've made a grammar error. But it doesn't just add dimension creation. It has customizable screens, interesting power generation mechanics, redstone logic, tech-based teleportation, and more. I'm sure @McJty can tell you more.

I'm not saying swap mystcraft with RFTools. I'm saying add it in as the tech alternative. Mystcraft is great for magic players, but the techies do better with RFTools. I mean having a totally teched up base but relying on portals and books for teleportation sort of ruins that. RFTools is great.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for RFTools if Belathus is okay with rewriting the quests and scripts. If the functionality is pretty much the same though, might as well keep Mystcraft.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
RFTools offers similar functionality as Mystcraft (in terms of dimension building at least). There are a few differences however:

* Balancing in Mystcraft is done with instability. In RFTools it is done with power usage.
* In RFTools it is possible to craft the basic dimlets (i.e. think pages) needed to create some dimensions. For example, you can create void dimensions without having to explore as well as remove all random unwanted features from a dimension. With Mystcraft you have to find every page.
* There is a big style difference. Mystcraft is 'mystical' and more focused on exploration. In RFTools you also have exploration but it is much techier.

And RFTools also has a bunch of other stuff.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I know that, just the mod list is final pretty much and a more stable modpack should be aimed for now. :)

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
Opinions on the Curse client? I picked it up just now because FTB wasn't installing Agrarian Skies correctly and I wanted to try another avenue. Will I be able to download WLR to Curse? Is Curse even worth it?

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Opinions on the Curse client? I picked it up just now because FTB wasn't installing Agrarian Skies correctly and I wanted to try another avenue. Will I be able to download WLR to Curse? Is Curse even worth it?
Curse has two issues that kept me away from them so far: they don't have much third party support, and they don't support non-Windows operating systems. Being a Linux user, I decided to stick with FTB as the primary method of distribution. That doesn't mean I'll never put the pack on Curse, though.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
Curse has two issues that kept me away from them so far: they don't have much third party support, and they don't support non-Windows operating systems. Being a Linux user, I decided to stick with FTB as the primary method of distribution. That doesn't mean I'll never put the pack on Curse, though.

Looks sleek as hell for what it does do. Doesn't look like you can backdate the versions like you can backdate the pack versions like you can on the FtB launcher. Still, I hope it eventually gets what you want out of it, Belathus.

shanodin

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Ok I just looked back through a few pages, and it turns out that this question has already been answered! Sorry about that *will practice better forum etiquette in future*

Hi folks,

I tried asking on the IRC but I dunno if I was doing it wrong or something, but I never saw a response, so I thought I'd try here.

I'm having an issue with the Mine & Blade Battlegear daggers - when I try to craft one with a wooden spear and a piece of stone (as per the recipe in NEI) it just crafts a stone spear instead. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks! (oh and aside from that, this pack is great fun so far, so thanks for all the work that's gone into it!) :)

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
When I break sky stone from an AE2 meteor the block break then reappear instantly, only to break 5s later (not always). What is it ? Tried with Ticon pickaxe and hammer.

Lottanubs

Jul 29, 2019
When I break sky stone from an AE2 meteor the block break then reappear instantly, only to break 5s later (not always). What is it ? Tried with Ticon pickaxe and hammer.

Reads like server-side lag. Even on single-player, there's an "internal server" that runs the world.

Also, unrelated: I played Minecraft with the sound on for the first time in forever today and listened to the Quest Book speech. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

damunzy

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what mod gives the armor experience ratings? Also, is is possible to repair the armor so that it doesn't lose the XP?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what mod gives the armor experience ratings? Also, is is possible to repair the armor so that it doesn't lose the XP?

That would be Ars Magica 2 and it's not possible to restore any lost armor xp as is it part of the death penalty. Basically when ever you die your armor will loss Xp just the same as you do.

damunzy

Jul 29, 2019
That would be Ars Magica 2 and it's not possible to restore any lost armor xp as is it part of the death penalty. Basically when ever you die your armor will loss Xp just the same as you do.
Thanks for telling me the mod. :) But, I haven't died yet. ;) I was just trying to repair the armor without losing the XP not that I am sure what the XP does for the armor.

Thanks again!

gunthac

Jul 29, 2019
can anyone tell me where on earth to find desert nova, its needed for arcane wrench and i cant find any in twilight, is the only way right now to get the grow spell component and use on sand? I have scoured all over the place to find answers. there isnt a desert biome in the twilight so im wondering if it doesnt spawn at all

Last edited:

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . working on the Bee quest line. . . did the first one (look for drones and princesses) now on #2. . .

The Thaumium tools were very easy as was the frame. . . but it also asks for a bee collector jar in this quest. . . .

The first three items were easy and made sense as introductory quests but the bee keeping jar asks for unusual pollen. . . Near as I can tell, this pollen comes from an advanced bee. Is there an easier way to get unusual pollen rather than breed a Supernatural Bee? Just seems like a big jump in difficulty in the items requested on this quest. Maybe Supernatural bees are easy to get? I don't know. I haven't seen one in the many hives I have broken up.

gunthac

Jul 29, 2019
Update on previous post, I went into creative mode and scoured the twilight forest for any desert nova and found none, there are no desert biomes for it to spawn naturally in. I also tried using the grow spell on sand to no avail. I was able to cast it on water to grow wakebloom from ars magica but i just could not get any desert nova to spawn on any sand. I dont think desert nova can be found i the game right now. Is there anyway for you to add a recipe perhaps? I cant use any ars magica 2 blocks without the arcane wrench which requires a desert nova.

Burghalter

Jul 29, 2019
First off, really nice Pack! We had already tons of funny moments with the pack, but we already had some issues too. The "Mine and Blade" quest cant be finished. The Stone Dagger can't be craftet and if we spawn it, the quest don't detekt it. Is it an already known bug? Anyone know a workaround?

glassofmilk

Jul 29, 2019
First off, really nice Pack! We had already tons of funny moments with the pack, but we already had some issues too. The "Mine and Blade" quest cant be finished. The Stone Dagger can't be craftet and if we spawn it, the quest don't detekt it. Is it an already known bug? Anyone know a workaround?

Use colored cobblestone instead of regular. RemoteIO also adds a crafting table that lets you switch between conflicting recipes that might work, but I haven't tried it for this.

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't Tinker's Steelworks supposed to triple your ores by themselves or did I miss something in the update or configs?