[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Puretic

Jul 29, 2019
zAb85Hc.png

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to start using this pack last night and had some problems. I'd made a world on the old version and gotten as far as making a hobbit hole with no problems, but then decided to wait for 2.0 since it was more or less imminent. So I've tried to start a few new worlds with this and it goes awful slow. I'm not crashing (unless I insistently keep trying to do things when it's waiting to update), but I get long pauses and not just for new chunk generation (i.e. even if standing still). I tried dropping down to default textures and it didn't help. (It did improve my frame rate, bringing it up from 30s to 50s in F3, but didn't stop the pauses.) The fact that I was fine pre 2.0 leads me to believe it's some change that's caused this, though I didn't play deep enough in the older version to be sure. Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to give this a try, but it's unplayable as it currently is for me.

Edited: Er, I should add that I've got 4 GB of RAM allocated. I've only got 6 GB on the machine, so adding more isn't really feasible.

88VoidMiner88

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to start using this pack last night and had some problems. I'd made a world on the old version and gotten as far as making a hobbit hole with no problems, but then decided to wait for 2.0 since it was more or less imminent. So I've tried to start a few new worlds with this and it goes awful slow. I'm not crashing (unless I insistently keep trying to do things when it's waiting to update), but I get long pauses and not just for new chunk generation (i.e. even if standing still). I tried dropping down to default textures and it didn't help. (It did improve my frame rate, bringing it up from 30s to 50s in F3, but didn't stop the pauses.) The fact that I was fine pre 2.0 leads me to believe it's some change that's caused this, though I didn't play deep enough in the older version to be sure. Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to give this a try, but it's unplayable as it currently is for me.

Edited: Er, I should add that I've got 4 GB of RAM allocated. I've only got 6 GB on the machine, so adding more isn't really feasible.
try using java arguments

wnightmare

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some commenting about the Factorization colossi, how do i acquire de lost map? Some links says its from mining diamond, others says its from mining dark iron. Really need to find one so i can get my hands on the LMP =/

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
try using java arguments

Okay, I deserve that for asking for help but not being clear on the details. I have java arguments in place for the min (1GB) and max (4GB) memory and for permgen, though permgen is now ignored because I upgraded to Java 8 sometime in the last few months. I know this is a hefty pack. I'm running Regrowth and Hubris and have run Rusticcraft all without problems with the same machine and same parameters. I use MultiMC to launch instead of the FTB launcher. I'm at work and can't check the numbers now but when I hit F3, the memory is not capped out. (I think it runs about 70% but that's from memory.) I'm using Win 7 64 bit and 64 bit Java. That's as far as my ability to troubleshoot MC without a crashlog goes.

Based on the lack of other response, I'd guess this is just happening to me, so I'll just have to do without this one, sadly.

Last edited:

yumms

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone figure out how to craft the clockwork engine from the Forestry mod? I saw someone else mention it couldn't be crafted a few pages ago, but no one commented on it.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I deserve that for asking for help but not being clear on the details. I have java arguments in place for the min (1GB) and max (4GB) memory and for permgen, though permgen is now ignored because I upgraded to Java 8 sometime in the last few months. I know this is a hefty pack. I'm running Regrowth and Hubris and have run Rusticcraft all without problems with the same machine and same parameters. I use MultiMC to launch instead of the FTB launcher. I'm at work and can't check the numbers now but when I hit F3, the memory is not capped out. (I think it runs about 70% but that's from memory.) I'm using Win 7 64 bit and 64 bit Java. That's as far as my ability to troubleshoot MC without a crashlog goes.

Based on the lack of other response, I'd guess this is just happening to me, so I'll just have to do without this one, sadly.
How long do you give it? Mystcraft profiles new world's for a bit after creation and might cause issues like yours until it finishes.
Anyone figure out how to craft the clockwork engine from the Forestry mod? I saw someone else mention it couldn't be crafted a few pages ago, but no one commented on it.
As far as I am aware, there isn't a problem with crafting clockwork engines.

yumms

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I am aware, there isn't a problem with crafting clockwork engines.
crafting Clockwork.png

I'm on a server running the latest version of Wanderlust and I can't craft the clockwork engine. It's a default server setup, no added or removed mods except the IRC, that I run for myself and my fiance. Only copper gear I can craft is the one from thermal foundation. I've tried different work benches and still no difference. Can't figure out how to craft the forestry copper gear, but if I cheat one in it works in the crafting recipe. I've also tried swapping position of the clock and gear along with different types of planks.

Thanks again for all the hard work done on this pack

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
How long do you give it? Mystcraft profiles new world's for a bit after creation and might cause issues like yours until it finishes.

I thought I had waited long enough (some minutes) but perhaps not. I'll clean out the instance entirely and recreate it to start fresh, and give it another go -- I'll put myself in creative and just walk away for a while and then come back to it, just to be extra super duper sure it's done. Thanks for the response. :)

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 18754

I'm on a server running the latest version of Wanderlust and I can't craft the clockwork engine. It's a default server setup, no added or removed mods except the IRC, that I run for myself and my fiance. Only copper gear I can craft is the one from thermal foundation. I've tried different work benches and still no difference. Can't figure out how to craft the forestry copper gear, but if I cheat one in it works in the crafting recipe. I've also tried swapping position of the clock and gear along with different types of planks.

Thanks again for all the hard work done on this pack
Ah, I did not notice that this recipe did not use the ore dictionary for gears. I'll fix that.

I intentionally removed the recipes for non-TE gears. I missed some recipes that didn't use the dictionary.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
Belathus have you considered adding Minecraft comes Alive? it gets very lonely in this modpack
You aren't the first to suggest it, and I'd love to add a mod like it. I admittedly haven't had a chance to check the mod out. Plus, I am a bit concerned about how large the modpack is getting already. I feel like I need to consider removing some mods here soon if I want to consider adding others.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
You aren't the first to suggest it, and I'd love to add a mod like it. I admittedly haven't had a chance to check the mod out. Plus, I am a bit concerned about how large the modpack is getting already. I feel like I need to consider removing some mods here soon if I want to consider adding others.

I support that. I nominate Mine&Blade, Better Sleeping, Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, IC2 and Progressive Automation. And @belathus you should consider swapping Mystcraft for RFTools.

belathus

Jul 29, 2019
I support that. I nominate Mine&Blade, Better Sleeping, Buildcraft, ComputerCraft, IC2 and Progressive Automation. And @belathus you should consider swapping Mystcraft for RFTools.
Removing Mine and Blade and Buildcraft won't happen. Better Sleeping is pretty small and won't get removed for this reason (I am going to make the configs for this a bit more generous, though). Mystcraft I may consider removing, but I imagine a lot of flack if I do so. Progressive Automation'll stay. IC2 is already optional. ComputerCraft maybe.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhhh, please respect the amount they've been integrated into quests and scripts. Also, Mystcraft > RFTools.