[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Quick questions, Loving the map only slight issues 30+ hrs casually in

I've been using this thread to find items I cant seem to find or earn but I can't find a good answer on Rubber saplings (I think someone said its in the greenhouse tree after a 'tech tree' quest)

How do I get a rubber sapling? / what quests do i need to do to get there?

also is there a way to get sugar cane? (i uncrafted sugar that a mob dropped)

thanks!
About the quest, it is a reward in a quest in the greenhouse quest line. It should enable after you have done some other quests and visited the green house.
About the sugar cane, indeed you have to uncraft some stuff to get it. Since it is not neccecary for most of the quests I just left it that way.

S

Skairunner

I was definitely inside the bunker, but I still got hit by the Hunger + super damage... it was very scary and disappointing :(

Edit: Also, it would be nice if there was some way to check, in minutes and seconds when the next strike is.... maybe even a headsup display?

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I was definitely inside the bunker, but I still got hit by the Hunger + super damage... it was very scary and disappointing :(

Edit: Also, it would be nice if there was some way to check, in minutes and seconds when the next strike is.... maybe even a headsup display?
Sadly due to not having the 1.8 commands for the command blocks it is impossible for me to make it so that you only get hit outside the bunkers. Someone else might be able to do it with a LOT of command block trickery but I cannot. I left the time check out of it on purpose. You get a real time when the next strike is, and in some time before it (it was like 5 minutes) in between there are only notifications so you have to check it for yourself so the strikes come less expected.

F

Foirfe Mac

It appears Lisa has dissappeared on me. She's not in her house, or any of the other houses. I also tried making a new world, but she's not in her house in that world, either. I haven't messed with any configs, or done anything but play the game.

On a side note, about half of the quests haven't appeared for me, I've done all but a couple of the Technical+ quests, the gelid cryotheum and blazing pyrotheum ones. Are they supposed to unlock before that?

Sorry if either of those questions were already answered, I went through the thread, but there's 52 pages, so I missed it if they have already been answered.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
It appears Lisa has dissappeared on me. She's not in her house, or any of the other houses. I also tried making a new world, but she's not in her house in that world, either. I haven't messed with any configs, or done anything but play the game.

On a side note, about half of the quests haven't appeared for me, I've done all but a couple of the Technical+ quests, the gelid cryotheum and blazing pyrotheum ones. Are they supposed to unlock before that?

Sorry if either of those questions were already answered, I went through the thread, but there's 52 pages, so I missed it if they have already been answered.
There is a bug sometimes that makes the npc dissapear, if I remember corretly she is:
a zombie girl who holds a watering plant, and you have to kill her
so you should be able to complete the quest with crafting the needed item otherwise you might have to do some hqm trickery to fix it (check bug section at the front page)

About those quests how far are you in the journal quest line? Certain quests unlock the journal quests, then you also have to get a note somewhere (you can guess where to get the note when you read the journal) and they unlock new quests in the main quest lines. So you have to give more info about what you have done before when you got the blazing cryotheum and cryotheum one and on which day you are currently.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Storkman,

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate your modpack into the CurseForge client ? (CurseVoice)
I allways use it for the voice IG, and it's really easy to manage and browse modpacks with it. It would allow to have only one soft for all modpacks ;)

(and here is a link about how to integrate it : http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-modpack-syncing-to-curseforge.102779/)
I still have to do that, I have forgotten it so many times now it is embarrassing. I am planning to make a release this holiday and then upload the new version to the curseforge as well.

F

Foirfe Mac

There is a bug sometimes that makes the npc dissapear, if I remember corretly she is:
a zombie girl who holds a watering plant, and you have to kill her
so you should be able to complete the quest with crafting the needed item otherwise you might have to do some hqm trickery to fix it (check bug section at the front page)

About those quests how far are you in the journal quest line? Certain quests unlock the journal quests, then you also have to get a note somewhere (you can guess where to get the note when you read the journal) and they unlock new quests in the main quest lines. So you have to give more info about what you have done before when you got the blazing cryotheum and cryotheum one and on which day you are currently.
Oh wait, my bad, it's not Lisa, it's the girl who gives the Gelid Cryotheum quest. And that's the only NPC quest I hadn't done. Every other quest in the quest book but the two Technical+ quests had been done.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait, my bad, it's not Lisa, it's the girl who gives the Gelid Cryotheum quest. And that's the only NPC quest I hadn't done. Every other quest in the quest book but the two Technical+ quests had been done.
I think the only answer is to do some hqm trickery with hqmedit to complete the npc quest so the other quests appear (see bug section on the frontpage how to do that)

B

bug38

I still have to do that, I have forgotten it so many times now it is embarrassing. I am planning to make a release this holiday and then upload the new version to the curseforge as well.

Yeah, would be great ;)

Will there be some new features with this update or will it be a bugfixes update ?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, would be great ;)

Will there be some new features with this update or will it be a bugfixes update ?
Fixing the storage questline will be my biggest project, since ae doenst like the hqm book a lot. So I have to test a lot when it works and stuff. I might try to do something with the twilight forest but I have to balance that out since you can get ores there you should not get, but if I enable the twilight after you have mostly completed all the quests it might be different. But then I want to make sure that people do not use OP gear in the twilight since that makes the twilight boring. So I dont know yet. The behind the scenes redstone will probably not be updated since it only compacts it instead of adding some features that I wanted because that is not possible in 1.7.10 commands.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Fixing the storage questline will be my biggest project, since ae doenst like the hqm book a lot. So I have to test a lot when it works and stuff. I might try to do something with the twilight forest but I have to balance that out since you can get ores there you should not get, but if I enable the twilight after you have mostly completed all the quests it might be different. But then I want to make sure that people do not use OP gear in the twilight since that makes the twilight boring. So I dont know yet. The behind the scenes redstone will probably not be updated since it only compacts it instead of adding some features that I wanted because that is not possible in 1.7.10 commands.
Couldn't you disable oregen in the Twilight Forest to be sure people don't get the ores in ways they aren't supposed to?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you disable oregen in the Twilight Forest to be sure people don't get the ores in ways they aren't supposed to?
Easier said than done sadly. I have looked in the configs, googled it, used some mods to try to disable it and even some command trickery to let the ores dissapear near the player. Tried all of them but currently have no answer for it yet. I dont mind the cobble or dirt mining for emc, but the ores are the biggest problem in the twilight.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Easier said than done sadly. I have looked in the configs, googled it, used some mods to try to disable it and even some command trickery to let the ores dissapear near the player. Tried all of them but currently have no answer for it yet. I dont mind the cobble or dirt mining for emc, but the ores are the biggest problem in the twilight.
Have you tried using CoFH Core to disable oregen?

EDIT 2: Or maybe make that when broken ores will drop cobble?
Eodt 3: when ores collected wity silk touch: when pulverized/sag milled they give cobble and when smelted they give stone, they can't be put in smelteryes
[Edited to make post more clear] - this was first edit

Last edited:

IStoneI

Jul 29, 2019
those quest gate system blocks are really getting in the way of building, whatever they do.

ive been breaking them left and right restoring and rebuilding my house. i hope this dosnt turn out to be an issue. by the way, the redstone circuit doesnt technically need to be between the floors there. i almost broke it when i built an elevator block into the floor to get faster up and down.

with wireless redstone you could put it somewhere else, encase it in bedrock and still have the whole system working. maybe there is an even a move elegant solution with some of the other mods.

by the way, i find the emc balance a little bit off. on one hand the quests seem to be designed for building up mob farms and food farms and similar stuff to gather emc. on the other hand, the emc costs on some of the things youre supposed to craft are so absolutely gigantic that you only get to the point of achieving these goals in reasonable times by exploiting emc loops and much more compact builds.

and then i dont see a reason to build up a giant farm, when i can make an emc generator a 100 times as fast in less time and just make bread, fish, potatos with energy condensers and feed it into the quest gate system.

is this intended? how did you imagine were supposed to gather emc? and how did you imagine the pacing of the map?

otherwise i like the overall story behind the map. its very creative and fun.

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
those quest gate system blocks are really getting in the way of building, whatever they do.

ive been breaking them left and right restoring and rebuilding my house. i hope this dosnt turn out to be an issue. by the way, the redstone circuit doesnt technically need to be between the floors there. i almost broke it when i built an elevator block into the floor to get faster up and down.

with wireless redstone you could put it somewhere else, encase it in bedrock and still have the whole system working. maybe there is an even a move elegant solution with some of the other mods.

by the way, i find the emc balance a little bit off. on one hand the quests seem to be designed for building up mob farms and food farms and similar stuff to gather emc. on the other hand, the emc costs on some of the things youre supposed to craft are so absolutely gigantic that you only get to the point of achieving these goals in reasonable times by exploiting emc loops and much more compact builds.

and then i dont see a reason to build up a giant farm, when i can make an emc generator a 100 times as fast in less time and just make bread, fish, potatos with energy condensers and feed it into the quest gate system.

is this intended? how did you imagine were supposed to gather emc? and how did you imagine the pacing of the map?

otherwise i like the overall story behind the map. its very creative and fun.
It is intended, it just gives you multiple ways to play the game. Personally I don't like the EMC loops and stuff as much. So I gave you multiple ways to play the pack. And I have had some problems with the wireless redstone, and that is why I moved the redstone system up there. The problem I have had before is that whenever a server reset or in singleplayer logging off and then back in the wireless redstone gets resetted every time. That is why I put the redstone circuit there. And yeah sure you can remove the quest gate blocks. They are just for the start of the story line that you wont walk out and stuff. Some of them are sadly broken and should appear on certain cituations but they don't.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, another patch. It is not a big one, but I figured some stuff out about the behind the scenes redstone and how I might be able to imply the twilight forest in the pack in a future release.
Changelog Patch 1.1.8
Version 1.1.8, The First patch of the year
Main points of this patch:
Fixing some bugs I encounterd myself with my own playthrough which are less noticable if you don't know it is there. And fixing the storage quest line so it works decently. Plus I started looking at implieing the twilight forest into my pack

Bugfixes
-Fixed some quests appearing too early in the hqm book
-Fixed some quests of the storage quest line not being able to be completed. I tested them, but still tell me if some are still not completable

Bugfixes only implied with a map reset
-Fixed old portal energy cells not draining (you can fix this yourself by breaking the clear glass in front of it and set the bottom side to an output
-Fixed some quest gate blocks not appearing at the right time

Balance Changes
None

Balance Changes only implied with a map reset
None

Other
-Updated the custom NPC mod, which contains a lot of bugfixes in the mod itself. There might be some textures of people missing, so if you encounter that plz tell that to me
-Updated ProjectE, which mostly contains some bugfixes in the mod itself and some little changes

Other only implied with a map reset
-Moved and simplified some redstone in the starting house so you have less change to break it when you rearrange the house
Manual donwload
Single Player 1.1.8: https://www.dropbox.com/s/md8ld3uu2xfwp4f/Void World 1.1.8.zip?dl=0
Server 1.1.8: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzi1tvi1n4nxop4/Server V 1.1.8.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
S

Semarc

I dont know if this is intended, but i set both difficulties in the Questbook to easy and only ever got ona "Attack" or how ever you want to call it, but it never again happened-

E

Exlovon

ill download this later because it looks fantastic
I also love that you made custom NPC's

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this is intended, but i set both difficulties in the Questbook to easy and only ever got ona "Attack" or how ever you want to call it, but it never again happened-
Jup that is intended. They should appear sometime later again in the story line when you have completed certain quests. There are not strikes in between.

ill download this later because it looks fantastic
I also love that you made custom NPC's
Nice to hear, have fun playing it