[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

L

lukaslukas

how do you even install the pack? it looks awesome but i cant figure out how to install it :(

Biffa2001

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!. Question:

I accidentally killed Max before submitting the Reactor quest items (yellow dye, Fluxed Electrum and Crystal blocks).

I've just put those items in my inventory and had the message "Quest Complete Yellorium" pop up in the chat.

Have I messed anything else up in the quest line?

I don't need the Yellorium that Max would have given me when I handed these items to him personally, but wanted to make sure that doing things out of order this way didn't mess up the HQM book unlocking things further on or anything?

Thanks, loving the modpack :)

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
how do you even install the pack? it looks awesome but i cant figure out how to install it :(
You can find it at the third party tab of the FTB launcher, currently the newest version there is version 1.1.7 but will probably be updated soon to 1.1.8. If that takes too long you can do a manual update, more info found at the front page
Btw I will add the pack to the curse client in a few minutes. So it can be found later there

Hi all!. Question:

I accidentally killed Max before submitting the Reactor quest items (yellow dye, Fluxed Electrum and Crystal blocks).

I've just put those items in my inventory and had the message "Quest Complete Yellorium" pop up in the chat.

I don't need the Yellorium that Max would have given me when I handed these items to him personally, but wanted to make sure that doing things out of order this way didn't mess up the HQM book unlocking things further on or anything?

That item that you get is needed for the yellorium quest in your hqm book. This will unlock the reactor quest line. If you didnt get those items you should hqm edit your way out since otherwise it will not be possible.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!. Question:

Lol I just noticed you are the biffa youtuber by accidentally clicking on your name. Yeah the capacitors banks are taken away but the one you handed in earlier should have been handed in. The quest might be broken (again) then. I will watch your playthough somewhat back to see if I can find any more bugs :p Takes less time than playing and grinding it myself. And btw, the journal quests unlock more quests. That is why you have a lot of quests missing, like the plastic one

Last edited:
U

Unstable Scarlet

There's a... few issues I found as soon as I started the pack (Within about 20 minutes)
-I fell off the god damn nether platform (Give a warning! At least I pressed the creative mode button, which saved my ass from having to restart the pack)
-The quest to craft platforms wants you to craft it 128 times, not 128 items. AKA it wants you to craft 768 SLABS, which is a bit ridiculous.
-Pigmen can't spawn on slabs, it would be nice if you mentioned that for all the new players, so they're not confused as to why you would have them craft 768 slabs when nothing can spawn on them.

Besides for that it's quite fun so far, though I hope I don't have to deal with cobble farming...

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
There's a... few issues I found as soon as I started the pack (Within about 20 minutes)
-I fell off the god damn nether platform (Give a warning! At least I pressed the creative mode button, which saved my ass from having to restart the pack)
-The quest to craft platforms wants you ttryingt 128 times, not 128 items. AKA it wants you to craft 768 SLABS, which is a bit ridiculous.
-Pigmen can't spawn on slabs, it would be nice if you mentioned that for all the new players, so they're not confused as to why you would have them craft 768 slabs when nothing can spawn on them.

Besides for that it's quite fun so far, though I hope I don't have to deal with cobble farming...
Shift clicking makes you craft that many slabs! Don't shift click with any crafting task!
Falling in the void is "player error"(I'm not trying to be rude, but you're over the void, fence the area.
No mobs can spawn on slabs when they are in the lower part lf the block. That's a vanilla mechanic...(which direwolf20 probably know, again not trying to be rude)

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
-The quest to craft platforms wants you to craft it 128 times, not 128 items. AKA it wants you to craft 768 SLABS, which is a bit ridiculous.

-that is your own fault
-don't shift click quests, that is making it count only once per crafting operation isntead of the other way around, cannot do anything about that one. I dont know how to fix that, it should have been said in the book already. Might not be in there but if I remember it right I have put it there.
-That is some basic mob spawner logic of vanilla MC, so I my expectations are you know that.

U

Unstable Scarlet

Shift clicking makes you craft that many slabs! Don't shift click with any crafting task!
Falling in the void is "player error"(I'm not trying to be rude, but you're over the void, fence the area.
No mobs can spawn on slabs when they are in the lower part lf the block. That's a vanilla mechanic...(which direwolf20 probably know, again not trying to be rude)

I thought the world was still loading in, so I walked forward like there would be some ground, which there wasn't.
I said for new players, not everyone knows that they can't spawn on cobblestone slabs. I've been playing since 2010, I think I know some basic crap by now.

Thanks for informing me about the shift clicking thing though, I couldn't figure out why that kept happening on other HQM packs as well... Wouldn't it be easier just to have a Manual Detect of 128 though instead of a crafting task?

U

Unstable Scarlet

-that is your own fault
-don't shift click quests, that is making it count only once per crafting operation isntead of the other way around, cannot do anything about that one. I dont know how to fix that, it should have been said in the book already. Might not be in there but if I remember it right I have put it there.
-That is some basic mob spawner logic of vanilla MC, so I my expectations are you know that.

I already responded to another guy that said the same thing.
I'm trying to point out things that some people don't know, I mean look at the Yogscast. Have you seen their "To the Core" playthrough? I've never raged so hard over someone not seeing a god damn button in my life.

A few more issues, for some reason airstrikes can poison you across dimensions! Not sure how that works, it would be better to target a radius instead of just doing -a.

Biffa2001

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I just noticed you are the biffa youtuber by accidentally clicking on your name. Yeah the capacitors banks are taken away but the one you handed in earlier should have been handed in. The quest might be broken (again) then. I will watch your playthough somewhat back to see if I can find any more bugs :p Takes less time than playing and grinding it myself. And btw, the journal quests unlock more quests. That is why you have a lot of quests missing, like the plastic one

Yes thats me!

"That item that you get is needed for the yellorium quest in your hqm book. This will unlock the reactor quest line. If you didnt get those items you should hqm edit your way out since otherwise it will not be possible."

Is that the Reactor Quest Line that has Reactor > Restoring The Reactor > Refilling The Reactor > Too Much Power/Too Much Fuel/Recycling Waste/Automating The Reactor ?

If not how do I HQM edit to get what I am missing?

Thanks for the help :)

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I already responded to another guy that said the same thing.
I'm trying to point out things that some people don't know, I mean look at the Yogscast. Have you seen their "To the Core" playthrough? I've never raged so hard over someone not seeing a god damn button in my life.

A few more issues, for some reason airstrikes can poison you across dimensions! Not sure how that works, it would be better to target a radius instead of just doing -a.
Hmm, that is actually a nice workaround for not being able to make it so that you are safe in shelters. Didnt think about that one, that is a nice suggestion. And I writed my post at the same time he posted his so I couldnt read his post so that is why there are "two" posts of the same thing.

Yes thats me!

"That item that you get is needed for the yellorium quest in your hqm book. This will unlock the reactor quest line. If you didnt get those items you should hqm edit your way out since otherwise it will not be possible."

Is that the Reactor Quest Line that has Reactor > Restoring The Reactor > Refilling The Reactor > Too Much Power/Too Much Fuel/Recycling Waste/Automating The Reactor ?

If you already have completed the city quest yellorium those should unlock after the first quest at max. But for some reason in your case he didn't move on to the next quest where you will get a note from him by doing the thing told in the journal. I have to check it how to fix it properly so you can continue with the journal quest line and with of that the story itself.

Biffa2001

Jul 29, 2019
If you already have completed the city quest yellorium those should unlock after the first quest at max. But for some reason in your case he didn't move on to the next quest where you will get a note from him by doing the thing told in the journal. I have to check it how to fix it properly so you can continue with the journal quest line and with of that the story itself.

So after handing those items to Max was he supposed to give me a piece of Yellorium AND a note? If so is there a way I can make the note myself and then that will give me what I am missing (if I am missing any quests)?

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys! trying to create new world, and this happens. If someone can reach me a hand to get through this i would appreciate ^^ ty for you attention!

Attachments

• crash-2016-01-08_22.03.34-server.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 84

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
any ideas how should i do it? by the first line on the crash report? really have no idea how to read consol entries and no idea what they mean :(
Yeah, the first error is the most important. The other errors are caused by the error said on the first line

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the first error is the most important. The other errors are caused by the error said on the first line

I googled it and some says that its memory leaking problem, some says its launcher problem, some says corrupted world, some says corrupted .json files. i will try to reinstall the game :/ no idea why havent tryed it yet.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yes thats me!

I will give you the following information about the journal quest line in the spoiler. Since you will need that information to get further on with the pack.
There are some spoilers, but I will not say which quests you have to complete to get the journal quests unlocked
First of all there are 4 notes currently:
#1 You get that one in the overal knowledge quest line
#2 You can find that one on the top of the tower
#3 You get that one when you hand the second note to the mayor (currently, is gonna be fixed, but will only be fixed for people which will do a map reset), this will be given in a quest in a later version
#4 A drop from Max, which is a 100% drop so you always get it when you kill it, but for some reason you didnt got the drop.
Then there is currently one bug that I found. The second books tells you to go kill max, but it is a bit too soon, this should be said in a later book.

How it was supposed to be
You get #1 from the questbook
You find #2 in the tower, and give it to eldamore --> you completed the NPC quest note. You also get note #3 here
Now you have to kill max. There will be a conversation before that when you completed the yellorium quest line and the note quest
You get #4.
????, this will be a suprise

How it will be in the next version (Already Tested this multiple times, and it works correctly now):
You get #1 from the questbook.
Complete some quests to unlock the first journal quest and hand in the note
You find #2 in the tower. There will be a better explanation about the note in the tower. This probably only will happen with a map reset, or customnpc file update, see the frontpage for this one. Then you give it to eldamore and you get a reward.
Complete some quests to unlock the second journal quest and hand in the note
You have to go and kill max
You get #3 when you kill max
Complete some quests to unlock the third journal quest and hand in the note
You get #4 from the questbook
Hand in note #4
?????, this will be a suprise

To fix the situation you are in(can be done in any version):
I think you have a note somewhere, or you accidentally clicked on it and it became a paperwall.
But first of all, if you didnt do the NPC quest note already do it to get a second note. (Go to eldamore with note #2)
If you have done that already and cannot get another note legit, you might have to go in creative and duplicate the note (there will be a small window before you get put back in survival and copy the note)
Now you have two notes. Rename them to the correct number needed and you can hand in the notes. Or if you still have problems hqm edit them. But that looks less nice on youtube and the viewers.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm searching for a (reasonable enough) early-mid game EMC generator or something similar. I'm starting to run out of EMC after using up the EMC from the easy sources (read: Sky Stone), with the only real generation coming from a pair of Energy Collector Mk. 2's filling up Klein stars, but to say that it's slow is a bit of an understatement. I'm not in desperate need of it at the moment as I'm waiting for my Pulverizer to get me Niter so I can do the 10 gelid cryotheum tank quest, but I'm going to need a generator soon enough.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
So, I'm searching for a (reasonable enough) early-mid game EMC generator or something similar. I'm starting to run out of EMC after using up the EMC from the easy sources (read: Sky Stone), with the only real generation coming from a pair of Energy Collector Mk. 2's filling up Klein stars, but to say that it's slow is a bit of an understatement. I'm not in desperate need of it at the moment as I'm waiting for my Pulverizer to get me Niter so I can do the 10 gelid cryotheum tank quest, but I'm going to need a generator soon enough.
I'll put it in a spoiler below:
An easy way to generate EMC is using SAG Mills with dark steel balls(they are pretty cheap EMC-wise, but you can use Flint too) to grind blaze rods and have them exported to 3 energy condenser, one condenses the blaze powder in blaze rods, and one condenses the blaze powder in dark matter/diamonds/anything else that has an EMC value, and a third one that condenses the blaze powder into dark steel balls. Or you could make an ExU Cobble Gen.
Edit: You can put capacitors in tge SAG mill to increase it's speed.