[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
No rush fixing it, its not like we cant progress because of it.

And jampack... I believe they are more concerned with the major vision of the pack and care less about a minor bug. If it braked progression... it would be a different story!
I made it in time :p I fixed that, the other things I could not fix but yeah it is supposed to get aluminium from the reactor building :p

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Slight error with the capacitor banks. With the quest it wants you to make 64 vibrant ones and fill them before handing them in, with current configs it's impossible. When placed in the world to fill they revert from 25 million storage to 5 million. Changing the config then obtaining new ones fixes this (I recycled mine through the transmutation tablet).

Specific option I changed was:

# The maximum storage for a single capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankMaxStorageRF=5000000

To read:

# The maximum storage for a single capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankMaxStorageRF=25000000
With this you just edited the maxiumum storage of the tier one capacitor

# The maximum storage for a single tier three capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankTierThreeMaxStorageRF=25000000

This is still the good one. I think because you recycled them through the transmutation table they maybe got bugged and reverted to 5M capacitors

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
With this you just edited the maxiumum storage of the tier one capacitor

This is still the good one. I think because you recycled them through the transmutation table they maybe got bugged and reverted to 5M capacitors
Yeah I thought that looking at it but changing that setting made it work. The tier three one was set at 25,000,000 so it displayed properly but when placed in the world the max capacity became 5,000,000. A full stack of 64 capacitors was only 320,000,000 rather then 1,600,000,000.

Ok I just changed the config back and now it's not doing it, so I have no idea what happened.

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I thought that looking at it but changing that setting made it work. The tier three one was set at 25,000,000 so it displayed properly but when placed in the world the max capacity became 5,000,000. A full stack of 64 capacitors was only 320,000,000 rather then 1,600,000,000.

Ok I just changed the config back and now it's not doing it, so I have no idea what happened.
I think it is a weird interaction between the transmutation table and ender IO. now I have one question, does the tier 1 capacitor hold 25M now?

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is a weird interaction between the transmutation table and ender IO. now I have one question, does the tier 1 capacitor hold 25M now?
Since I changed back the configs everything is normal. But for the sake of testing things I went to switch them back and noticed other key config options:

# The maximum storage for a single tier one capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankTierOneMaxStorageRF=1000000

# The maximum storage for a single tier two capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankTierTwoMaxStorageRF=5000000

They were separate options from the one I changed in the first place. So I'm not 100% sure why the other option is really even there.

Ah, I know why it's there, it adjusts the depreciated capacitor bank that can't be crafted anymore. As to why the vibrant ones got stuck to 5,000,000 I think you're right with a "quirk" with the transmutation tablet.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Since I changed back the configs everything is normal. But for the sake of testing things I went to switch them back and noticed other key config options:

# The maximum storage for a single tier one capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankTierOneMaxStorageRF=1000000

# The maximum storage for a single tier two capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankTierTwoMaxStorageRF=5000000

They were separate options from the one I changed in the first place. So I'm not 100% sure why the other option is really even there.

Ah, I know why it's there, it adjusts the depreciated capacitor bank that can't be crafted anymore. As to why the vibrant ones got stuck to 5,000,000 I think you're right with a "quirk" with the transmutation tablet.
That is really a stupid config then if that is the case. Maybe those are the old capacitors config the (depricated ones) those are not craftable anymore but maybe because the transmuation table it uses his config

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
That is really a stupid config then if that is the case. Maybe those are the old capacitors config the (depricated ones) those are not craftable anymore but maybe because the transmuation table it uses his config
Not sure, with the configs back to normal I was able to cycle the capacitor back through the table with no issues. Just one of those weird bugs I think.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Was checking you redstone and noticed that you are setting difficulty to easy or normal instead of easy or hard. Is it correct?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Was checking you redstone and noticed that you are setting difficulty to easy or normal instead of easy or hard. Is it correct?
Jup I did, because like you said sometimes the hositlity on this map is too big because no spawning space for the mobs except on the island. This reduces the amount of hostility. But still it counts as normal and hard diffficulty.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Jup I did, because like you said sometimes the hositlity on this map is too big because no spawning space for the mobs except on the island. This reduces the amount of hostility. But still it counts as normal and hard diffficulty.
Then the quests should say Normal instead of hard.... I was going nuts why I choose hard and keep seeing difficulty normal

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have a few notes about this:
  • I chose the hard difficulty for both quests, and pigmen are way too powerful. If you die in the Nether and pigmen are loose, then that's it. Game over. Even in a pen it takes a solid minute to whack them down with the equivalent of a diamond sword, and they kill you in two hits with the full copper armor on. That goes past the point of hard and goes into ridiculous. I mean I can understand that on a regular Nether, making it a harsher environment to survive it, but on a void Nether? That's just unnecessarily hard. There aren't even fence gates or doors to use at this point as a quick way to block the pigmen.
  • I tried to go into creative to get the pigmen away so I can continue. I made a pretty stupid mistake there and was fine with the loss of the life and items, I just wanted to get the pigmen away so I can actually survive going back, but it resets your gamemode to survival every 5 seconds. Why do you do that? It's not like it's a competition map or something. If I want to go creative real quick to make the map playable again, why do you try to stop me?
  • This one is actually a bug. When I went to start the map and put the levers on, the ladder didn't open. I had to mine the blocks out and toggle the toggle latch manually. Also, putting levers on the lamps by the portal actually opens the door to the portal, bypassing the need for the cells completely.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few notes about this:
  • I chose the hard difficulty for both quests, and pigmen are way too powerful. If you die in the Nether and pigmen are loose, then that's it. Game over. Even in a pen it takes a solid minute to whack them down with the equivalent of a diamond sword, and they kill you in two hits with the full copper armor on. That goes past the point of hard and goes into ridiculous. I mean I can understand that on a regular Nether, making it a harsher environment to survive it, but on a void Nether? That's just unnecessarily hard. There aren't even fence gates or doors to use at this point as a quick way to block the pigmen.

On hard they have 50% more life and do 50% more dmg. Its not that insane. Just remember pigmen 2/3 shot you even without any dificulty change unless you are with enchanted diamond armour! Copper armor is like... a little better then leather!

Try building a cage 20-30 blocks away from the portal and the passage to the cage with lower slabs, so they cant spawn outside the cage and you can kill them without them being able to kill you.

• I tried to go into creative to get the pigmen away so I can continue. I made a pretty stupid mistake there and was fine with the loss of the life and items, I just wanted to get the pigmen away so I can actually survive going back, but it resets your gamemode to survival every 5 seconds. Why do you do that? It's not like it's a competition map or something. If I want to go creative real quick to make the map playable again, why do you try to stop me

When you start, at spawn(on the updated map), you have a button behind you, that allows you to disable this and go into creative if you want

• This one is actually a bug. When I went to start the map and put the levers on, the ladder didn't open. I had to mine the blocks out and toggle the toggle latch manually. Also, putting levers on the lamps by the portal actually opens the door to the portal, bypassing the need for the cells completely.
You might be using the 0.2 map that comes in the launcher. Do a manual download from the dropbox link in the first post for the last updated version, 0.9.9, which has the latch problem fixed, the button to disable creative protection and the new map sections. 0.2 is not the final map and is missing sections and you will not be able to complete all the quests

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically, I didn't find it until much later, you could get really powerful armor and weapons really early. Not sure it's a bug or not but yeah, found an easy to make item that yealds a lot of emc. Only found it because i got it as a reward.

So.... How do I get netherrack? Or more precisely, nether bricks? Only with the sludge boiler?

It's the only way I've seen to get it, I was stuck on this for ages till I decided to just build a sludge boiler, I normally don't bother with it. You can get Soul Sand from a quest, just found it.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically, I didn't find it until much later, you could get really powerful armor and weapons really early. Not sure it's a bug or not but yeah, found an easy to make item that yealds a lot of emc. Only found it because i got it as a reward.

It's the only way I've seen to get it, I was stuck on this for ages till I decided to just build a sludge boiler, I normally don't bother with it. You can get Soul Sand from a quest, just found it.
You should PM Storkman with the item so he can see what can be done to balance it.
And yes, I had to go to the sludge boiler to get one piece of netherrack and soul sand and never use it again :p

I am starting to see why everyone says ProjectE and EE2(in the past) is way overpowered... Tried to rush for the reactor so I dont had to bother with energy until I realise what I had to do to get one working... after 30 mins of thinking and trying some stuff... I have free unlimited energy with a single coble gen, anti-matter relays and high temperature furnaces!

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
You should PM Storkman with the item so he can see what can be done to balance it.
And yes, I had to go to the sludge boiler to get one piece of netherrack and soul sand and never use it again :p

I am starting to see why everyone says ProjectE and EE2(in the past) is way overpowered... Tried to rush for the reactor so I dont had to bother with energy until I realise what I had to do to get one working... after 30 mins of thinking and trying some stuff... I have free unlimited energy with a single coble gen, anti-matter relays and high temperature furnaces!
It's no more overpowered, normally, then magic crops. Most people have no issue with crops.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, about half an hour to speed through to a full set of red matter armor with tools, can't do full Gem armor yet as it requires feathers. As far as quests go, only finished the beginning ones. To be fair though I have run through these quests before and know where things are so it's easy to get to all the places for the required items, trick is not dying first. Straight after the Nether you can be equipped in full diamond gear pretty easy.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Discovered something else, the too much fuel quest might be an error. Says you have to collect 640,000 yellorium which is fine, quest says to hand in 320,000, again fine, done that and now it wants me to have 320,000 in my inventory, kind of impossible unless I'm missing something?

Sharmalade

Jul 29, 2019
I can't open the part to go to the 2nd floor and the roof... I put the levers there and flicked them, but nothing happens