[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

ashwindov

May 4, 2015
Ah. The downside to using ProjectE. Its OK though, I haven't played through this modpack far (I can't get the pigmen to spawn) but from what I have seen its gonna be pretty good.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. The downside to using ProjectE. Its OK though, I haven't played through this modpack far (I can't get the pigmen to spawn) but from what I have seen its gonna be pretty good.
You have to make a platform and then be about 20/30 blocks away from where you want the pigmen to spawn
then they will spawn there.
Also version 0.9.9 is out (this is basically the test version of the release) so everything I wanted is implemented and have fun with the pack

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You have to make a platform and then be about 20/30 blocks away from where you want the pigmen to spawn
then they will spawn there.
Also version 0.9.9 is out (this is basically the test version of the release) so everything I wanted is implemented and have fun with the pack
Can only like once... :(

So... Unless there are bugs, no more map resets for new features? I can finally play and break the whole thing?

Also... When you make the pigmen platform, put something to block the access from the platform to you. You dont want 20 angry pigmen killing you when you hit one!!

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Can only like once... :(

So... Unless there are bugs, no more map resets for new features? I can finally play and break the whole thing?

Also... When you make the pigmen platform, put something to block the access from the platform to you. You dont want 20 angry pigmen killing you when you hit one!!
Jup, you can jjust play as much as you want

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
If only I didnt had to work.....

The good thing is the "final" version was released on a friday and we have the whole weekend to have fun. Most of the packs are usually released after the weekend....

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
First sorry im french
2nd were do we find the shelter key for the mayor ?
3rd i really like your map without the mob ^^
Np
2nd it is hidden ofc. It is in the tower tho
3 I even added in a day cycle so less mobs will swarm the place since they die also if you play on version 0.9.9 then it is already a bit easier then others. The problem just is that there are no caves for the mobs to spawn since its a void world

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
3 I even added in a day cycle so less mobs will swarm the place since they die also if you play on version 0.9.9 then it is already a bit easier then others. The problem just is that there are no caves for the mobs to spawn since its a void world
It just come to me a possible solution to help with the mob issue that does not require a day cycle but will require a new map...

Just make a hidden dark room, in spawn range somewhere in the middle of the city, with bedrock. Put some mufflers inside it, so we dont ear the constant mob noise and done!
Every time a mob spawns, it will also has a change of spawning there and count to the cap of spawned mobs lowering the number of mobs on the city. The nice thing is that you can control how many mobs get trapped in there and how many spawn in the city by just adjusting the size of the room, since mobs dont spawn where a mob already exists and if the room is full... No more will spawn there.

On other hand... if you dont want to make this change, the player can also do it.

Now that I think about it... you shouldnt make the change, let the players do the room or it might end up them always making a room plus your room and no mobs outside!!
I think I just discovered how to make the pack easier in the long run while having to struggle at the beginning, which is a nice balance since it involves work and planning!

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
It just come to me a possible solution to help with the mob issue that does not require a day cycle but will require a new map...

Just make a hidden dark room, in spawn range somewhere in the middle of the city, with bedrock. Put some mufflers inside it, so we dont ear the constant mob noise and done!
Every time a mob spawns, it will also has a change of spawning there and count to the cap of spawned mobs lowering the number of mobs on the city. The nice thing is that you can control how many mobs get trapped in there and how many spawn in the city by just adjusting the size of the room, since mobs dont spawn where a mob already exists and if the room is full... No more will spawn there.

On other hand... if you dont want to make this change, the player can also do it.

Now that I think about it... you shouldnt make the change, let the players do the room or it might end up them always making a room plus your room and no mobs outside!!
I think I just discovered how to make the pack easier in the long run while having to struggle at the beginning, which is a nice balance since it involves work and planning!
You can also see it this way, because there are no places to spawn you can make an very efficient mob farm very fast. then you also can get the drops for free EMC

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think you did something wrong with the pumpkin quests.... Maybe they should be in detect mode since I will never be able to submit them if the quests are invisible... :p

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I think you did something wrong with the pumpkin quests.... Maybe they should be in detect mode since I will never be able to submit them if the quests are invisible... :p
The quests should be visible after getting the first pumpkin. And I probably set it to a yrigger quest instead of a reversed trigger stupid me. Now I have to go out of bed to change it and I dont know if I will be able to do that since my parents. Also already submitted the files to the jampacked but i can fix that

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Also I cannot change it to detect mode since then the players can just chisel it to another pumpkin

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The quests should be visible after getting the first pumpkin. And I probably set it to a yrigger quest instead of a reversed trigger stupid me. Now I have to go out of bed to change it and I dont know if I will be able to do that since my parents. Also already submitted the files to the jampacked but i can fix that
No rush fixing it, its not like we cant progress because of it.

And jampack... I believe they are more concerned with the major vision of the pack and care less about a minor bug. If it braked progression... it would be a different story!

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, Hailey have any pre-requisites to talk to her? Finally managed to kill all spawners and torch up the place and yet she wont talk to me.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, Hailey have any pre-requisites to talk to her? Finally managed to kill all spawners and torch up the place and yet she wont talk to me.
If by not talking you mean right clicking and nothing happening she might be bugged. Happened the same to me with other NPC's. Couldn't even kill them with a sword.
By mistake, I dropped lava and they died. After a couple of seconds they respawned and were interacting again.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
If by not talking you mean right clicking and nothing happening she might be bugged. Happened the same to me with other NPC's. Couldn't even kill them with a sword.
By mistake, I dropped lava and they died. After a couple of seconds they respawned and were interacting again.
Ok cool, didn't think of trying to kill her TBH, I just used /hqm edit and manually completed it.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Slight error with the capacitor banks. With the quest it wants you to make 64 vibrant ones and fill them before handing them in, with current configs it's impossible. When placed in the world to fill they revert from 25 million storage to 5 million. Changing the config then obtaining new ones fixes this (I recycled mine through the transmutation tablet).

Specific option I changed was:

# The maximum storage for a single capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankMaxStorageRF=5000000

To read:

# The maximum storage for a single capacitor in RF
I:capacitorBankMaxStorageRF=25000000