[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Use Open computer instead of Computercraft the computer retain is state when server is restarted.
Thanks for the tip, this is indeed a problem with Computercraft, but the problem is if that I have to look if it can handle commands. I dont know that one for sure

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
What i'm saying is what the stuff for command blocks for i mean what are you trying to show for the person i mean i can see ur trying to help but it doesn't help if they don't know ur trying help with.
I mean u can't just show them a solution without them knowing whats looking for in the question for they don't know what ur trying to tell them for subject they are looking at in hand.

Hope this is understandable if not i'll try find way to make it lot more easier to read.
A little advise: do not make sentenсes longer than half of the line. You pick different ideas and merge them into one sentence, making it very hard to understand what are you trying to say. The last sentence of mine was about half of the line, and it is pretty long, but it is 2 times shorter than yours.
All of the reactor quests take FOREVER.
Not all, but one quest. 1000cycles is freaking 42 BILLION EMC, being 5250 (2 double chests) of red matter. Damn, for this cost I would never run a reactor, aspecially if there is 0.9Billion EMC Solar generator producing even more.
Like I said multiple times before, I dont know how much you have read on this forum in my post. Later this month I will do an overhaul of all the redstone in the pack. I will add computercraft to the pack (where you can also make fun EMC farms with turtles) and there is a new computer that adds command blocks to the pack. With that I can simplyfy at least half of my redstone a bit. The timing mechanism will still be the same (but more compacted) so it cannnot be exploited because of the computers restart everytime when you close and reopen the server
As a server admin, I have experienced a lot of problems with these computers. So, the best solution I and my crew came up with is to replace ComputerCraft with OpenComputers, where you can do anything LUA allows you to, and, despite from those computers being very far from "easy to use", they provide almost infinite possibilities, for players and map makers. I have not yet had a look on your Command Block system, but I will definately do that, because there are pretty nice Thermal Expansion teleporting pads, allowing for user to get anywhere in a certain range.

I have read all the 32 pages and also all issues on GitHub.

And Happy Birthday! Enjoy your vacation!

Reactions: JustHeyo

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
A little advise: do not make sentenсes longer than half of the line. You pick different ideas and merge them into one sentence, making it very hard to understand what are you trying to say. The last sentence of mine was about half of the line, and it is pretty long, but it is 2 times shorter than yours.

Not all, but one quest. 1000cycles is freaking 42 BILLION EMC, being 5250 (2 double chests) of red matter. Damn, for this cost I would never run a reactor, aspecially if there is 0.9Billion EMC Solar generator producing even more.

As a server admin, I have experienced a lot of problems with these computers. So, the best solution I and my crew came up with is to replace ComputerCraft with OpenComputers, where you can do anything LUA allows you to, and, despite from those computers being very far from "easy to use", they provide almost infinite possibilities, for players and map makers. I have not yet had a look on your Command Block system, but I will definately do that, because there are pretty nice Thermal Expansion teleporting pads, allowing for user to get anywhere in a certain range.

I have read all the 32 pages and also all issues on GitHub.

And Happy Birthday! Enjoy your vacation!

I think problem is the fact if open computers can handle command block commands. Not vague idea it will act like as a command block.

-edit i think might help don't know https://github.com/MightyPirates/OpenComputers/wiki/Component-CommandBlock

-oh this 2 http://ocdoc.cil.li/block:adapter on some what level but its give some understanding

Last edited:

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
One asked why are players flying around the void world and finding all boss locations. Well ,this is why:
BbBZ0Ip.png

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
I think problem is the fact if open computers can handle command block commands. Not vague idea it work with command block.
OpenComputers cannot hadle console commands which command blocks can. But computers in pair with command blocks can do whatever you want, if you have the required knowledge, of course :)

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
OpenComputers cannot hadle console commands which command blocks can. But computers in pair with command blocks can do whatever you want, if you have the required knowledge, of course :)
ya I checked basically acts like some like computercraft i know what ur saying but i trying to say even with it paired can it still do the same.
Just saying i don't know much about open computer but do have idea its like computercraft so don't blame me.

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
hey does anyone know what chances of getting the pick up ability from a powered spawner i tried it seems none for me.
Just to let u know i was trying to get skeleton have reinforce bows to use as weapon for a music disc farm or least get it.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little unsure what to set the difficulty settings to. What would be considered "normal" difficulty?

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
ya I checked basically acts like some like computercraft i know what ur saying but i trying to say even with it paired can it still do the same.
Just saying i don't know much about open computer but do have idea its like computercraft so don't blame me.
You earned a trophy: I understood everything first time i read. Well, you know text displays in CC computers? Easy, yes? Well, there is the same stuff in OC (written by very clever teammate of mine shady2k):
  1. local component = require("component")
  2. local gpu = component.gpu -- get primary gpu component
  3. local term = require("term")

4. function show()
  5. gpu.setResolution(27, 10)
  6. gpu.setBackground(0xFFFFFF)
  7. gpu.setForeground(0x000000)

8. gpu.fill(1, 1, 27, 10, " ") -- clears the screen

9. gpu.set(1, 1, " Добро пожаловать ") --Some random Russian text
  10. gpu.set(1,2, " на сервер GalactiCraft!") --Some random Russian text
  11. gpu.set(1,4, " Правила сервера:") --Some random Russian text
  12. gpu.set(1,5, "1. Будьте людьми") --Some random Russian text
  13. gpu.set(1,6, "2. Не материтесь") --Some random Russian text
  14. gpu.set(1,7, "3. Давайте жить дружно") --Some random Russian text
  15. term.setCursorBlink(false)
  16. return
  17. end

18. while 1 do
  19. show()
  20. os.sleep(1)
  21. end
hey does anyone know what chances of getting the pick up ability from a powered spawner i tried it seems none for me.
Just to let u know i was trying to get skeleton have reinforce bows to use as weapon for a music disc farm or least get it.
Music Disc farm? Don't you think this is a bit too senceless? Go throw poison potion and dont worry.

I'm a little unsure what to set the difficulty settings to. What would be considered "normal" difficulty?
I will tell you: difficulty matters only before you craft Swiftwolf, so, before you bridge across the cuty to the Greenhouse and get wood. After that, nothing (except Peaceful) really makes sence. Well, I got myself shot while bridging, so you may not want to switch to hard instantly.

Last edited:

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
You earned a trophy: I understood everything first time i read. Well, you know text displays in CC computers? Easy, yes? Well, there is the same stuff in OC (written by very clever teammate of mine shady2k):
  1. local component = require("component")
  2. local gpu = component.gpu -- get primary gpu component
  3. local term = require("term")

4. function show()
  5. gpu.setResolution(27, 10)
  6. gpu.setBackground(0xFFFFFF)
  7. gpu.setForeground(0x000000)

8. gpu.fill(1, 1, 27, 10, " ") -- clears the screen

9. gpu.set(1, 1, " Добро пожаловать ") --Some random Russian text
  10. gpu.set(1,2, " на сервер GalactiCraft!") --Some random Russian text
  11. gpu.set(1,4, " Правила сервера:") --Some random Russian text
  12. gpu.set(1,5, "1. Будьте людьми") --Some random Russian text
  13. gpu.set(1,6, "2. Не материтесь") --Some random Russian text
  14. gpu.set(1,7, "3. Давайте жить дружно") --Some random Russian text
  15. term.setCursorBlink(false)
  16. return
  17. end

18. while 1 do
  19. show()
  20. os.sleep(1)
  21. end

Music Disc farm? Don't you think this is a bit too senceless? Go throw poison potion and dont worry.

mmm ok i understand so ur saying it should be fine with console command as long you know to code i like i said i get the idea its like computercraft. But it still act same with it pair with command block just asking.

and music disc farm i got all the music disc i want it i to want make easier but senseless don't know effective yes. but a potion poison i did that kind of i was trying to get creeper to 1 hp so they can get 1 hit killed then forgot that mfr changed that long time i think aka for auto-spawner.

-Forgot to add this is there any chance of geting to the end and some way to get ores.
I think you know what trying to do by asking that lol.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Easy - normal if I remember the choice, it does say in the book, I go for the extra lives as it deletes the world if you run out! and the extra emc, but emc is easy to get, check out sky stone building blocks

PrActicAlity

Jul 29, 2019
What version of the pack are you currently on? Also what version of Java are you running? The modern packs should be run on Java 8. Next time you crash, you should look into the crash log that gets generated in the modpack folder and make a pastebin copy of it for us to see. We might be able to identify what's causing your crash.

I am currently on version 1.1.2 of the pack and i am running java 8. Sorry for the late reply. I dont know how to do the -spoiler- thing to make it a drop down thing, so i just added the text file of the crash

Attachments

• crash-2015-08-03_18.55.31-server.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 60

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
Warning to people who doesn't have cursed earth mob farm Don't use project red lamps it seem to be bugged.

TheJoshster

Jul 29, 2019
Got an "EMC Yeah!" reward from the reward bag. Entered it into the Transmutation Table and noticed the Leadstone Capacitor is already scanned in for making. Intended?

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
server help..... so i went to play on the server here in this forum and when i started i think i got to someone else's game because there was already a reactor all of the starting items were gone from the chest and an EMC generator that had a lot of red matter. well because i could not get the beginning items i could not continue the quests. thinking i had just stumbled into someone else's game i just died a bunch until i was out of lives (i thought i would reset back to original spawn). i am now permanently banned from server and cant play there at all.

Aiur850

Jul 29, 2019
server help..... so i went to play on the server here in this forum and when i started i think i got to someone else's game because there was already a reactor all of the starting items were gone from the chest and an EMC generator that had a lot of red matter. well because i could not get the beginning items i could not continue the quests. thinking i had just stumbled into someone else's game i just died a bunch until i was out of lives (i thought i would reset back to original spawn). i am now permanently banned from server and cant play there at all.

You need to join the group so that you would be in sync with the currently completed quests. You were playing on the server I play on. Since you lost all your lives and it banned you, your going to need to talk to CondeCero, the server owner to unban you. Try sending a private message in the forums.

Reactions: JustHeyo

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
i been meaning to ask if ur going for opencomputers would be compatible with big reactors because i know that their computer port is computercraft but not very sure if will deal same out if opencomputers is installed just asking.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the quests are really annoying, like making jetpack and upgrading it most of the quests are for 1 item so you can use it on the jetpack presumably, then it wants 5 lots of shielding! what for? 4 bits that have no use and no emc value.
I think the transmutation quests dont go far enough into EE3, you should have made us build a power flower or use a pedestal with the rings to make a farm. Swiftgales ring made me untouchable, yet theres no quest for it. So many quests for machines that are not needed in this pack, did you expect us to grow the veggies? what do we need the reactor for? mining laser maybe? seems pointless once I'm condensing emc.
Really enjoyed the pack and the lack of grindy bits, searching for the survivors etc was really well done. just has a few problems in the late game where it wants me to start mass producing items with no emc, I thought emc was the main point of the pack?

How are we supposed to get green dye for the coloured particles

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get snow??? i want to make the gelid cryothium for the lisa quest but i dont know how to get bliz rods or snow if i could get snow i could skip the bliz rod.... but i dont know how to get snow. please help.

killme2hell

Jul 29, 2019
i been meaning to ask if ur going for opencomputers would be compatible with big reactors because i know that their computer port is computercraft but not very sure if will deal same out if computercraft is installed just asking.
Some of the quests are really annoying, like making jetpack and upgrading it most of the quests are for 1 item so you can use it on the jetpack presumably, then it wants 5 lots of shielding! what for? 4 bits that have no use and no emc value.
I think the transmutation quests dont go far enough into EE3, you should have made us build a power flower or use a pedestal with the rings to make a farm. Swiftgales ring made me untouchable, yet theres no quest for it. So many quests for machines that are not needed in this pack, did you expect us to grow the veggies? what do we need the reactor for? mining laser maybe? seems pointless once I'm condensing emc.
Really enjoyed the pack and the lack of grindy bits, searching for the survivors etc was really well done. just has a few problems in the late game where it wants me to start mass producing items with no emc, I thought emc was the main point of the pack?

How are we supposed to get green dye for the coloured particles

i'm not maker/author of this modpack but there is some few details mess uped.

1. how do you detect a power flower or pedestal to detect that its there plus aforementioned if haven't check watch of flowing time its ability is disabled.

2. swiftgale ring there is a quest line for it it just that u haven't unlocked yet -p.s. note (got ring of arcana free emc any/all operantion for almost all the rings :p.)

3.its ur choice if you make a farm or use emc to complete the quest

4. Reactor obviously for power there not fuhrer meaning to that plus the mining laser recipe is disabled.

5. it is but i don't know if modpack author have any plan to set emc for most or all items plus if check the custom emc file in the configs he intentionally made some item vaules 0.