TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue with the "power reaction" quest. It's not detecting:

Issue solved.

EBKAC

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Recommended version, still not generating nether quartz in deep dark.

Played with cofh config, gave same dimension (-100, -1, 1) as the other spawning ores had listed, enabled retrogen in common config file. Removed "metadata = 5" option as well.

Still none, or hasn't found any. Unlikely the latter due to the decently high spawn rate/chunk size of cofh setting.

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019

Played with cofh config, gave same dimension (-100, -1, 1) as the other spawning ores had listed, enabled retrogen in common config file. Removed "metadata = 5" option as well.

Still none, or hasn't found any. Unlikely the latter due to the decently high spawn rate/chunk size of cofh setting.
you have to go RELLEY far from spawn to get qurartz

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019

It seems to be distance and something else, biomes maybe. ( ice plains is where I found some )

With a jet pack I explore the holes looking for ore and if it's there I place an ender quarry.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that's kinda lame. I was hoping to use my ender quarry to convert all the land around my base into dirt, and then proceed to begin repopulating/building villages/defense/spreading grass and vegetation. qq

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Yep sorry. Nether Quartz was not generated in the deep dark when we made the map. So you have to explore new chunks in order to find it. This will be fixed in Obscurity 1.2

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019

Map post
1. Look at that map.
2. Go somewhere outside it.
3. ???
4. Profit!

No version is going to have quartz around spawn before 2.0 because the chunks without it are saved into the default map. Sorry :(

Seanrhys

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack. I have to say that I really do enjoy it a lot. My only question is how do you get the cactus for cactus arrowheads in the "Custom Piercings" quest?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack. I have to say that I really do enjoy it a lot. My only question is how do you get the cactus for cactus arrowheads in the "Custom Piercings" quest?
Keep doing the quests. Eventually you will find a desert cube which has cacti.

Leithas

Jul 29, 2019
Great HQM pack: really enjoyed it. Hope you do more. Dynamics were good and for the most part, the mods you chose were top rate.

I found a repeating glitch with the 'improved' chests line though and wouldn't choose that one for my own builds. I found lockers and chests would occasionally crash my server - I would know beforehand - the tell tale sign of the two linked chests 'splitting' back to singles side-by-side before server dumped. Didn't bother trying to figure it out. I also felt frustrated that they couldn't be moved by JABBA dollies and there were no other options. You have to wait a fairly good amount of time before you get into AE and if you're a pack rate like me, building and expanding means moving chests and barrels around. Not having a good option except to unload was pretty irritating. It's not a bad mod, just feels incomplete .

Couple of minor observations by way of hopefully helpful feedback?

Agree with others about being given a completion reward of lesser or equal complexity as it took to complete task for the reward to begin with. Examples include the hilt guard pattern, the axe of the stream after getting all the wood set up or redstone torches after completing the chandelier quest.

Reward bag disappointment with possible solution: I thought perhaps coding loot tables linked to specific mod packs would be the way to go? For example, Legendary and Epics tied to Extra Utilities (early angel blocks? builders wand?) or Thaumcraft (I lucked out early and got essence phials) while basic and good continue to be early rescue type foods / construction related (range multipliers for miners and choppers would have been helpful). This is probably a bit hard to do, but thought I'd mention it in case you were talking with the HQM folks.

Great job folks. Sign of great things to come?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
by the way you can place items in creative strongboxes so you added a way to dupe items in the beggining pls fix

I thought we had fixed this issue but I will have a check. If needed I'll add this to our bugs list

is the modpack abandoned?

Nope we haven't abandoned it, we're just all busy with other things. We are still working on Obscurity version 2.0 and hope to have this released soon (tm)

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying this HQM pack, very nice job!

I'm concerned about the apparent inability to automate Big Reactors: I cannot craft rednet ports for my reactor. So there is no other way that I know of to keep the reactor efficient based on power usage, which is a rather huge pain in the rear for me. Any thoughts on granting this ability somehow, or is there reasoning to why rednet is disabled?

EDIT: WOAH, the reason I play HQM: forces me to figure out new ways of doing stuff. I've always used RedNet with Big Reactors, but I've now discovered the usefulness of the Redstone Ports. Once again thanks for the great modpack, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next update!

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying this HQM pack, very nice job!

I'm concerned about the apparent inability to automate Big Reactors: I cannot craft rednet ports for my reactor. So there is no other way that I know of to keep the reactor efficient based on power usage, which is a rather huge pain in the rear for me. Any thoughts on granting this ability somehow, or is there reasoning to why rednet is disabled?

EDIT: WOAH, the reason I play HQM: forces me to figure out new ways of doing stuff. I've always used RedNet with Big Reactors, but I've now discovered the usefulness of the Redstone Ports. Once again thanks for the great modpack, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next update!
I used steves factory manager in this pack to automate the reactor. You can also use vanilla redstone.

Reactions: tofuturkey

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Starting out in the Deep Dark makes for an interesting experience. Got my first death swimming in lava for the Hell cube. Went back with some toast, 4 buckets of water, and an iron pick with zero experience. Got it done. :p

Reactions: SnowShock35

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
So I've read that some of the ore gen in the pre-gen areas is different than outside these areas... Would my ender quarries find more ores if I took them outside say, 1400x1400 or so? Diamonds and gold are frustratingly rare in the area around spawn, and some of the quests require a ludicrous amount of them. Dark Soularium Chestplate, I'm looking at you!

Reactions: SnowShock35

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
Also for some reason I cannot enchant my Dark Steel Helm with Night Vision... any ideas? I have the helm at Empowered IV and a potion of night vision in my dark steel anvil, but it won't work.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Also for some reason I cannot enchant my Dark Steel Helm with Night Vision... any ideas? I have the helm at Empowered IV and a potion of night vision in my dark steel anvil, but it won't work.
You will need some experience levels (10 maybe?) as well I believe.