[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
This might of already been answered, but im struggling with nether quartz
I see that there is Normal Quartz ore added by "No nether Needed" but i cant find any while mining.,.

So whats the ore generation rate / depth ??
or is tehre another way to aquire nether quartz?
Unfortunately the nether quartz wasn't in the game when the spawn and related areas was generated. This means that there won't be any in the Deep Dark until you go outside of the pre-generated area. This will be fixed in the new map for 1.2

EDIT: I managed to find some quartz around 700 blocks to the WEST of spawn.

There is some nether quartz inside the nether cube.

Last edited:

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack yesterday and quite enjoy it. I think one quest needs reworking though. The coordinates for the "Supermans Icy Thing" quest lead to the void (for me at least). I am playing the latest version of the pack on curse voice.

edit: it turns out i switched the z and y coordinates around. but every other set of coordinates in the location quests lead to the void or in the case of the desert cube being suffocated by rock. are these quests bugged or am i just being stupid? should i not make waypoints with journeymap?

Last edited:

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack yesterday and quite enjoy it. I think one quest needs reworking though. The coordinates for the "Supermans Icy Thing" quest lead to the void (for me at least). I am playing the latest version of the pack on curse voice.

edit: it turns out i switched the z and y coordinates around. but every other set of coordinates in the location quests lead to the void or in the case of the desert cube being suffocated by rock. are these quests bugged or am i just being stupid? should i not make waypoints with journeymap?

I managed to find them all. I'd make sure that you're entering the co-ordinates correctly on all of them. Note that the co-ordinates in the book are X, Y, Z but the co-ordinates in JourneyMap are X, Z, Y

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019

Are you teleporting to the coordinates?

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
It is an optional add on. You can download and install it if you choose ;) Of course that's not a supported configuration but it's always an option. That's the joy of modded minecraft!
Correct, but some packs have it set to when u r going through the install, that some mods r optional downloads with the pack, instead of searching for the mods yourself.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. There were some issues with where and how people spawned in multiplayer worlds but according to our issue tracker these were fixed.
So except wierd spawning locations for players, everything else works fine? Great, might test this pack out with a friend after we finished Hubris :>.

Btw, how hard is it to get ore/material? Can you find them just in the ground by mining and exploring?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying for the past 2-3 hours to find some answers, and no luck: do shaders (Shadermodcore) not work in this modpack?

I've tried Vanilla+, and shaders work fine there. In Obscurity blocks can be highlighted, but everything except the horizon is black.

Here are some screens:
http://imgur.com/a/DAtkQ?gallery

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Well the only problem I see with hard core darkness is seeing where u have to go. U could b trying to get a cube (like the Nether cube) and run into a giant hole while trying to escape unseen skeletons shooting at u from the dark, and since torches only light the block they r at. IMO this would kill the fun of the pack and make it into a rage pack. Now if it was an optional add for those who want an even more hardcore experience then that would b a good choice

Light sources of course still work, so it's not like you're permanently in the dark. And I played the majority of the world in Hardcore Darkness, I found it much more enjoyable to play that way.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue twice. Try using the following command to get rid of all the item entities: /cofh killall item
You might need to be in a compact machine/dimension but I don't think it's necessary since it's chunk loaded.
I did some testing on 1.1.16: This issue happens when an Animal Farmer and Vacuum hopper are both near a chicken egg farm. The Animal Farmer will collect the items first before the Vacuum hopper can suck it in. Once the Animal Farmer is full it spits the additional eggs out on top and the Vacuum hopper sucks them in. However, for some reason when this happens it dupes the eggs several times and eventually overflows up to the point that there are thousands of item entities on the floor lagging the game.

If you want a safe, non-duping, non-game-killing way to farm eggs I suggest using the Extra Utilities Ender Collector as an alternative to vacuum hoppers or vacuum chests.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
So except wierd spawning locations for players, everything else works fine? Great, might test this pack out with a friend after we finished Hubris :>.

Btw, how hard is it to get ore/material? Can you find them just in the ground by mining and exploring?
I've not tried it so I can't vouch for everything being fine. I do know that people are doing it. One guy has reported that attempting to load a chunk with Thaumcraft taint in it will crash their server but that may just be their world. Really the only way to know if it's going to work for you is try it and see.

Mining works just as it does in the deep dark in any other pack.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get lilypad in this modpack?
I have not found any lilypads. It's possible that there are some in the loot bags but other than that probably not. I've asked Snow about it though in case there's something I've missed.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying for the past 2-3 hours to find some answers, and no luck: do shaders (Shadermodcore) not work in this modpack?

I've tried Vanilla+, and shaders work fine there. In Obscurity blocks can be highlighted, but everything except the horizon is black.

Here are some screens:
http://imgur.com/a/DAtkQ?gallery

Works for me. Well.... if you count 5fps as working :p

2015-09-04_12.08.03.png

Screenshot is with SEUS-v10.1-Ultra

Keep in mind that the deep dark does its own weird shader stuff I think. Also any modpack with this many mods tends to perform horribly with shaders. Also most shader packs do not interact well with Thaumcraft (nodes and aspects in particular).

Last edited:

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the strips of missing chunks, this is what I see sometimes. Closing and reloading will load them fine. Hovering there will never load those chunks (well at least not in a few mins).

Mind you its not a big problem, just annoying.

Apparently holding F3 and pressing A will reload chunks and this sometimes fixes that sort of issue. It's a Minecraft/Forge/Java thing.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Works for me. Well.... if you count 5fps as working :p

View attachment 22645

Screenshot is with SEUS-v10.1-Ultra

Keep in mind that the deep dark does its own weird shader stuff I think. Also any modpack with this many mods tends to perform horribly with shaders. Also most shader packs do not interact well with Thaumcraft (nodes and aspects in particular).

To add to this, I tried this out on my Macbook Pro (Nvidia graphics) and it looked more like your screenshot. My desktop is an R9 280X. So perhaps it's an Nvidia vs Radeon thing in the Deep Dark.