[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Like Keldin said, it's permanent, but can be fixed but relogging into the world. If I get into the vicinity of the chunks, it just errors out on me. Really annoying. I even tried adding .5 gigs more of ram into FTB, but it didn't seem to help.
Can you pastebin a the fml-client-latest.log of an occasion when it crashed?

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Long lines of chunks not being loaded.

I am getting them occasionally in obscurity. More so than other packs I have played. Maybe its a minecraft issue made worse in the deep dark.
I have same problem and I have 16Gb ram, so I think ram is not the problem, is a problem with the modpack or deep dark.

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. But I suspect that any mechanism which gets you that much stone is going to take a really long time. The supplying the masses quests are kind of an exercise in automating stuff and patience. They are sort of "set it up, go do the other quests, come back and get an OP reward" quests. At least that's my take on them.
Try this:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Like Keldin said, it's permanent, but can be fixed but relogging into the world. If I get into the vicinity of the chunks, it just errors out on me. Really annoying. I even tried adding .5 gigs more of ram into FTB, but it didn't seem to help.
What do you have your render distance set to? Do you have Advanced OpenGL on or off?

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
What do you have your render distance set to? Do you have Advanced OpenGL on or off?
I have my render distance set to tiny with no fog, and I have Advanced OpenGL on fast mode.

EDIT: Okay, um. Wow. I was playing around in a different modpack and once I set my render to 4 chunks (I'm using optifine) and enable far load, everything seems to be fine.

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I have my render distance set to tiny with no fog, and I have Advanced OpenGL on fast mode.

EDIT: Okay, um. Wow. I was playing around in a different modpack and once I set my render to 4 chunks (I'm using optifine) and enable far load, everything seems to be fine.
You didn't mention before you were using Optifine. This throws everything out the window when it comes to troubleshooting. Glad it's working.

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Turn advanced OpenGL off. Try it that way. I believe that in newer versions of Minecraft this option was removed for a reason. Causes some strange issues with rendering.
I don't believe, the modpack use 1.7 minecraft version, I play others modpacks and vanilla newer and this happen just in this modpack.

Edit: and I never used optifine.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe, the modpack use 1.7 minecraft version, I play others modpacks and vanilla newer and this happen just in this modpack.

Edit: and I never used optifine.

Rendering issues really are generally not modpack related. I'd compare video settings between your other packs and this one and see if you have any differences.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the strips of missing chunks, this is what I see sometimes. Closing and reloading will load them fine. Hovering there will never load those chunks (well at least not in a few mins).

Missing chunks
hD1e695.jpg

My video settings
4t0f2KB.png

Mind you its not a big problem, just annoying.

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Rendering issues really are generally not modpack related. I'd compare video settings between your other packs and this one and see if you have any differences.
I never played in deep dark before, the problem can be the deep dark, however tomorrow I'll compare the setings, today I'm not in computer. Thanks.

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a glitch I got, crashed after that. I don't think it was a memory problem since I put in 5GB of RAM for the game to run.

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a glitch I got, crashed after that. I don't think it was a memory problem since I put in 5GB of RAM for the game to run.
Uau, look a terror film, hahahaha.

I have a problem with the compact machines, is the first time I use this mod and doesn't work very well, if I in and out many times in or between compact machines the mine crash and close, the modpack is very good but I think has any problems with any mods.

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
just a suggestion, may have already been suggested but for the emergency cube quest, you may want to tell players to click it with the personal shrinking device.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Uau, look a terror film, hahahaha.

I have a problem with the compact machines, is the first time I use this mod and doesn't work very well, if I in and out many times in or between compact machines the mine crash and close, the modpack is very good but I think has any problems with any mods.
Can you pastebin a crashlog of the crash you're getting?

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
As requested of a few others, can you pastebin the FML log from when it crashed? I've heard of a couple of people getting this sort of graphical thing and the log might help.

Also, are you using optifine or any other mods that aren't in the pack?

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
just a suggestion, may have already been suggested but for the emergency cube quest, you may want to tell players to click it with the personal shrinking device.
Fair enough. The usage of the device is explained in the previous quest, but having an extra little pointer may be helpful early on. Will create an issue.