[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
So I am playing on 1.1.15 with lava monsters disabled (having 6 spawn near cube was a bit much) and progressive automation updated to a higher version (that doesn't cause crashes).

When I update to 1.1.16 when it is out, am I screwed?

Also a good way of killing a nether? Spawning and letting it die while afk doesn't count lol >.>

Anybody got a good guide on thaumcraft? Especially on the thing that makes light on your body.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowShock35

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Am able to teleport to Journey Map Waypoints. Is this intended?
This is a feature of JourneyMap I wish the author would hide behind a config setting but don't believe can be shut off as of right now. It's one of those things where each player will need to ask themselves if they want to play the game as intended and ignore the button or if they want to cheat to win.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Also a good way of killing a nether? Spawning and letting it die while afk doesn't count lol >.>

I spawn him in a 5x5x5 cube and quickly jump out to avoid the explosion. Then when the wither sound plays I jump back in (with a regen potion and strength potion).

If your weapon is good enough, he dies in 10 hits or so. And since he can't fly off its over in a few seconds. I think I had a full set of dark steel Ender IO armour when I first killed him.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I am unable to craft (infuse) an Arcane Lamp. I have the amber (block), nothing happens when I click on the Runic Matrix.

This has happened a few times before, but I correctly guessed that the infusion required some research that wasn't done and after a few researches, it worked. But in this case, I've now researched everything I can without knowledge fragments (have too few of those).

I'm out of guesses.
Believe recipe is disabled in that version. Will be re-added in 1.1.16 ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
So I am playing on 1.1.15 with lava monsters disabled (having 6 spawn near cube was a bit much) and progressive automation updated to a higher version (that doesn't cause crashes).

When I update to 1.1.16 when it is out, am I screwed?

Anybody got a good guide on thaumcraft? Especially on the thing that makes light on your body.

1. No you'll be fine. just take your world out of your customized obscurity instance and any other valuble files. Reinstall it when the update is out and add back in your world and your be good.
2. Use compact machines (blast resistant and a way to contain them), good armor and weapon (Smite will increase the damage against it drastically)
3. Thaumcraft I feel isn't too well documented even with it's in game book. Will try and work on some stuff like that. For now I recommended looking through spotlights like direwolf20's

Hope this helps.
-Snow ;)

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
AE Blank Patterns require three glowstone dust each. Given that glowstone is rather rare and expensive, perhaps the blank pattern recipe should be changed to use something else.
I think they're going to replace many recipes which use glowstone with Luminite. Much of the ME stuff including blank pattern will receive this treatment.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Hyperenergetic Nitor is actually quite easy. You need to research Nitor in the Alchemy tab. Once that's done, research Gaseous Illuminae in the Thaumic Tinkerer tab (it's a little bottle near the top in the middle). From there you can go straight to Hyperenergetic Nitor. The hardest part really is finding the aspects to research it and getting some glowstone dust.

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
How was the lighting of things changed in this? Was it the asm stuff? I am curious how it is accomplished and would like to fool around and see what's possible.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers (and Iron Golems) are blacklisted from EnderIO powered spawners (by default, and I checked, the mod pack author has not changed it). Is this intentional? Do I really have to resort to Vanilla breeding mechanics for villagers?

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
Villagers (and Iron Golems) are blacklisted from EnderIO powered spawners (by default, and I checked, the mod pack author has not changed it). Is this intentional? Do I really have to resort to Vanilla breeding mechanics for villagers?
Vanilla breeding does not work as there is no way to see the sky. I don't believe the pack intends to have us breed villagers at all.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics + Thaumcraft = Thaumic Energistics. I won't do Thaumcraft without it anymore. I've done Vanilla Thaumcraft plenty o' times. So yes, I've added Thaumic Energistics. It simply has to be that way.

But I can't make an Arcane Assembler because it requires a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter and the Scepter, the wand, the rod, and the caps are all disabled.

Why put Thaumcraft in a mod pack and then disable a good chunk of it? And why specifically the wands? Yes, we get one silverwood wand as a quest reward, but why disable its creation? I am honestly interested in hearing the rationale.

I am enjoying the mod pack, really! :)
Just a few minor issues.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla breeding does not work as there is no way to see the sky. I don't believe the pack intends to have us breed villagers at all.

I'm not finding any Bottle of Enchanting in the dungeons and the two Clerics in the Town cube don't offer them; I have both at tier 4. The third cleric might have it, but I took his soul and put it into a crystal, long ago.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019

When growing greatwood trees, I have had them break the roof of a compact machine. Ever since then when it rains in that dimension it rains through the hole. So it would make sense that if you remove the roof of a compact machine, you can meet the villager house requirement.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I also used the Ender IO armor for wither fights. I used a maximum size cube for it though.
I'm not finding any Bottle of Enchanting in the dungeons and the two Clerics in the Town cube don't offer them; I have both at tier 4. The third cleric might have it, but I took his soul and put it into a crystal, long ago.

Just build a bottler. It will fill glass bottles with liquid xp. That's what I did. I almost didn't think of it myself, who the hell ever uses a bottler?

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
16 silverwood saplings ? even with hoe of growth its seem to be impossible .... after cutting more than 30 trees only 7 saplings total

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019

You use an XP bottler. Doesn't require power. And there are many ways to get liquid XP. EnderIO way, one with the drain and some stick.

Applied Energistics + Thaumcraft = Thaumic Energistics. I won't do Thaumcraft without it anymore. I've done Vanilla Thaumcraft plenty o' times. So yes, I've added Thaumic Energistics. It simply has to be that way.

But I can't make an Arcane Assembler because it requires a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Scepter and the Scepter, the wand, the rod, and the caps are all disabled.

Why put Thaumcraft in a mod pack and then disable a good chunk of it? And why specifically the wands? Yes, we get one silverwood wand as a quest reward, but why disable its creation? I am honestly interested in hearing the rationale.

I am enjoying the mod pack, really! :)
Just a few minor issues.

Can you explain what this is?