[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

maiconimortal

Jul 29, 2019
AE Blank Patterns require three glowstone dust each. Given that glowstone is rather rare and expensive, perhaps the blank pattern recipe should be changed to use something else.
Glowstone dust is a drop by witch and you can recipe with luminite dust, is easy, the dificult is glowstone block.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone dust is a drop by witch and you can recipe with luminite dust, is easy, the dificult is glowstone block.

I'm aware of how to get glowstone, my point is that I feel it's too high a price for so trivial an item.

Blank patterns don't do anything by themselves, so I think their cost should be dirt cheap. Any cost greater than near-free, infinite resources is too high IMO.

My mob farm produces about one glowstone per half-hour, and pyro is fairly involved, requiring a lot of coal to pulverize for sulfur, etc. That's not near-free :)

I also made the mistake of choosing the EnderIO jet-pack line which is requiring a ton of glowstone. So I'm really feeling pinched by it.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a terrible situation and I REALLY don't want to start over. I'm out of torches but I need a single torch to complete the quest that gives me the flint and steel. I've already completed all the quests I could, so I can't get another torch from that (at least the ones I have unlocked). Is there any tips or tricks on getting another lit torch?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a terrible situation and I REALLY don't want to start over. I'm out of torches but I need a single torch to complete the quest that gives me the flint and steel. I've already completed all the quests I could, so I can't get another torch from that (at least the ones I have unlocked). Is there any tips or tricks on getting another lit torch?
Ah, the same happened to me! I made an induction smelter to make steel ingots and make my own flint and steel.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, the same happened to me! I made an induction smelter to make steel ingots and make my own flint and steel.
I'm SLOWLY cobbling together an induction smelter. I can manually dig, since I have no light so I took to Progressive Automation's miners. Methodically mining everything I can... 1 block on nickle for the Invar I need. This is going to take a while.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm SLOWLY cobbling together an induction smelter. I can manually dig, since I have no light so I took to Progressive Automation's miners. Methodically mining everything I can... 1 block on nickle for the Invar I need. This is going to take a while.

Where the first cube is, there is lava pouring down the hole above the void. I circle-mined around that hole so I was never far from light.

After that I pretty much focused on getting hyper-energetic nitor, after that, the darkness was no longer a problem.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
So reactant dynamo don't accept liquid xp converting it to mob essence using darin and xp shower dont work ... is it possible to use it in reactant dynamo with gunpowder or shugar ?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I have run into some problems with the compact machines dimension. At some point today, I started getting a tremendous amount of lag. Restarting (including minecraft) does not help.

Running /cofh tps shows that the compact machines dimension needs over 3 seconds per tick!

When I delete the entire dimension the game runs fine again. I have however a lot of stuff in the compact machines. Is there a way to find out what is taking so much time? The last thing I did in the machines was checking on the animals (automatic sheep shearing).

Edit:
- I have /cofh killed all the animals which did not improve the situation.
- If I disable chunk loading in the compact machines configuration everything is fine, I can even enter and leave a machine (tried one)

Edit2:
With MCEdit I found a giant cloud of entities above the PA shearing station, removing them solved the problem. Not sure what caused it as the vacuum hopper fed tesseract was fine and there was room in the AE system.

Last edited:

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i've been throught the whole thaumcraft questline, until i came to the hardest ... the leggings from thaumic tinkerer ...
The problem with the thaumcraft part is that cause warp is disabled, and there are no crimson obelisks, you cant unlock eldritch part, so you cant unlock ichor. So i manually gave myself the minimum requisit to unlock ichor.
And even then, to produce it, you need nether shard, dropped by pigmen

I don't know if there is anything coming with next update, but i hope there'll be a way to obtain these research/items by spawning obelisks, a new cube, recipe with nether portal or anything.

At the moment i'm at the end of the questline, and i really appreciated the idea of the modpack. I'll try to make some farming areas before the thaumcraft thing is ok :p

Kami does not require anything from the Eldritch tab. It does however require the wand focus: Nine Hells . You need to scan an ender or nether shard to learn that. In 1.1.15 a recipe was added for the shards. You'll also need all of the hidden research. I'm not sure but you might need to have Eldritch Epiphany in order to unlock the Bath Salts.

I don't think access to the outer lands is intended to be possible just yet. It'll probably feature heavily in Shadowed Secrets when it gets done.
After all, the main quest line does end right next to an obelisk in the overworld.

Are we going to get any news from a Dev or someone about not being able to get past Jareds Map Downloader. I've completely deleted everything and reinstall, and still nothing. At this point I have to restart over, but it won't let me even start the game.

Jared's Map Downloader pops up a dialog asking if you want to download the map (You need to say yes to play the map!). Unfortunately it pops up underneath the game window so you may need to open the game in windowed mode (F11) and move it out of the way to see the prompt. I believe JDM will either be improved or removed for the next version. See https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/154 for more information.

I went ahead and disabled Jareds Map Downloader, and now it won't even let me start a new game. This is a bummer. I'll redownload 1.1.14 and start over until the devs get back to us.
This won't work if you want to start a new map. JDM downloads the map template and the Unity custom resource pack. Existing maps will work fine with JDM disabled as long as you follow the instructions in https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/159

... but not being able to silk touch glowstone is BS of the highest order. I'm assuming that it is to keep it from being used as mobile lighting, but we already have easier to use mobile lighting in the form of invar torches and interdiction torches ...
I believe this is not intended to be the case. I have created https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/186

Cause there is no portal back ? :D
... Still, i wonder how to unlock the secret part of the questbook, this is annoying me not to know everything :(

For the last chapter, i dont think completing all the quest will unlock it. Sometimes, you need special actions or items to unlock a quest/chapter with hqm. And since the name of this chapter is "shadowed secrets", i guess it is hidden somewhere -_- .

This quest line isn't in the game yet. Stay tuned ;)

After I updated to 1.1.15 my lighting has changed from what it was. Torches used to give off the same light as redstone torches but now they give out the normal value, and glowstone blocks give off very little if none. Is there a config somewhere I need to reset or change?

I've lost a "clumsy+" steel pickage with moss 3 on the PA miner already.. Is there a way to automate the repairing etc? - Or more importantly to pump out when the pick is nearly broken?

What exactly do you mean by "lost"? They should be ending up in the collected items slot. Is this not happening for you?

EDIT: I don't see version 1.1.15 yet though.... When will it become public?

It should be there on the FTB and Curse launchers. In curse you'll need to tell it you want beta versions as 1.1.15 is pretty broken so we've avoided having people download it by default. See https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/159 and https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/177 for information on how to make 1.1.15 playable (although none of the quest fixes are there).

oh and can you please lower the amount of those weird mob names? I have no idea but their annoying naming scheme breaks the immersiveness of minecraft. And worst: they make no sound at all so you can be surrounded quickly.

I think you're talking about headcrumbs (the ones with the names and skins of various youtubers and contributors to the pack). I believe the spawn rate has been lowered on these in 1.1.15. The baby ones were also disabled. Little bas****s

Hmm guess that's also possible. But anyways, I just updated to 1.1.14 - and now the miner is shooting ores all over the place - can this be updated with a simple setting change?

Bug in progressive automation. Manually update it to 1.6.27 to fix or wait for 1.1.16.

2 Issues that are preventing gameplay for me:

In our LAN party, when the 2nd person logs in, they spawn in a wall and die.
After dying a few times, the safe fall water disappears. I wonder if this issue is caused because a couple of times when we completed the quest that gives you a heart, we had 10 total lives. Another time we completed this quest, we only had 5 total lives (it would have bee six but when the second player spawned, we lost one life right away.)

We were having fun trying to figure out how to get to the box w/o getting killed by archers. But these two issues have made it unplayable for us.

https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/70 <--- does this sound like what you're experiencing with the spawning in a wall? If so, it's probably fixed in 1.1.16 when it comes out.

I've created https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/187 regarding the falling fluid disappearing.

Why can't I claim the reward on the "Swift Movement" quest?
You need around 12 inventory slots free in order to turn in the quest because the potions don't stack :(

Also, I want to re-ask my question about the "Turret Configuration" quest. To complete it, there is a detect task for Bedrock. How do you acquire said bedrock? Do you need an Awakened Ichorium Pick? One thing I heard is that it actually wants Bedrockium. If so, is it an ingot or a block? Thanks!

~carlwheeser (Jake)

The Open Modular Turrets mod removed the configurator from the game and the guys didn't realise. HQM is trying to compensate by putting bedrock in there. The quest will be removed in 1.1.16 when it is released.

Glowstone 'dust' I got easy in the magma crucible, it's ok. But I need glowstone 'block', the recipe use a glass with liquid glowstone in a smeltery but don't work, the glowstone dust no melty.
Yes witches will give you some glowstone DUST as a drop chance. However to make Glowstone, you need to melt glowstone dust in the smeltery using Pyrotheum as fuel since lava isnt hot enough to melt it. Once you have 10,000 MB of liguid glowstone in the smeltery, place a piece of glass in the casting basin, then pour out your liquid glowstone dust onto it. It will appear that the basin is full with the glass in it but I assure you, the liquid will envelope it. It takes a while for it to harden so be patient. just make sure that when you look at the basin, Waila should say that it's 10000/10000.
This method of making glowstone is because the vanilla recipe for glowstone is disabled for this mod pack.
Glowstone melts fine in the Thermal Smeltery (a.k.a. Magma Crucible). Also in 1.1.15 glowstone was restored to the vanilla recipe.

How a make steel ingot? I can't smelt pulverized coal on the smeltery, it's a bug? :(
As with glowstone, the Thermal Smeltery will melt your coal dust. Alternately, use the Induction Smelter from Thermal Expansion.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I can't autocraft Flint and Steel nor Nether Gates. Using AE i get a Java Error: [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null. Trying it with a Cyclic Assembler/Crafter eats up the Mini - Portal. I can't imagine this being intended...
I have created https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/188 to track this issue. We will look into it.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
A quick warning to anyone who's started in 1.1.15: The issues that people have had going from 1.1.14 to 1.1.15 with regards to HQM will also occur going from 1.1.15 to 1.1.16. This is because HQM didn't like how the quest lines got changed so it loses progress and takes a long time to load a map with quest data saved. Unfortunately not a lot we can do about that. Progress from 1.1.14 should load fine in 1.1.16 however.

Tergiver

Jul 29, 2019
I am unable to craft (infuse) an Arcane Lamp. I have the amber (block), nothing happens when I click on the Runic Matrix.

This has happened a few times before, but I correctly guessed that the infusion required some research that wasn't done and after a few researches, it worked. But in this case, I've now researched everything I can without knowledge fragments (have too few of those).

I'm out of guesses.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
A quick warning to anyone who's started in 1.1.15: The issues that people have had going from 1.1.14 to 1.1.15 with regards to HQM will also occur going from 1.1.15 to 1.1.16. This is because HQM didn't like how the quest lines got changed so it loses progress and takes a long time to load a map with quest data saved. Unfortunately not a lot we can do about that. Progress from 1.1.14 should load fine in 1.1.16 however.
Thanks for the heads up. In actually waiting on 1.1.16 to start doing some YouTube recording for Obscurity. Looking forward to it! Just don't want to get started only to have issues when upgrading.