[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

TheMissingLink5

Jul 29, 2019
Are we going to get any news from a Dev or someone about not being able to get past Jareds Map Downloader. I've completely deleted everything and reinstall, and still nothing. At this point I have to restart over, but it won't let me even start the game.

Reactions: SnowShock35

Pikachu_Trainer

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm working on the thaumcraft quest line, and I'm on the last quest. It seems to unlock the Ichor line of research I need to unlock every other research to get it, and I'm missing the Primal wand focus. I have held the primal charm like the wiki says, I have even spawned in a focus and scannned it, yet nothing happens. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just a problem with me.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind its still broken in that version, I managed to fix the issue by changing this in the config
B:disableTransferNodeParticles=true

Nevermind me again this is an issue with the latest builds of cauldron only
https://gitlab.prok.pw/Prototik/KCauldron/issues/129

Edit: Actually found its an issue when using a mismatched version of forge on the client and server. If the client/server has forge 1492 and the later has 1481 or below this issue will be present

Last edited:

StewyFP

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone get a clean 1.1.5 server install working, it looks like the world template just isn't there and you just spawn and fall to death. When you spawn in creative there's just nothing there. Single player is fine though.

Valiant2005

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I want to report a bug. In Progressive Automation mode from the Miner, Chopper, Generator, Planter, all the items fall out and not fit in the trunk. Previously this was not.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm working on the thaumcraft quest line, and I'm on the last quest. It seems to unlock the Ichor line of research I need to unlock every other research to get it, and I'm missing the Primal wand focus. I have held the primal charm like the wiki says, I have even spawned in a focus and scannned it, yet nothing happens. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just a problem with me.

If you look at previous pages of this thread, i reported this fact for 1.1.14.
So in 1.1.15, he unlocked warp and recipes for nether and end shards. So to unlock eldrich tab, you need to gain some warp by doing forbidden researches. And also to analyse tainted things from a tainted biome.
But you wont be able to unlock all the quests from the eldrich tab in this modpack, so i sugest you to unlock as much as possible, and then use the /tc research to give yourself the minimum requisit to unlock ichor.

Go to this page to see all the names of the research https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/blob/master/en_US.lang ;)

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I want to report a bug. In Progressive Automation mode from the Miner, Chopper, Generator, Planter, all the items fall out and not fit in the trunk. Previously this was not.

I think this bug is fixed in 1.1.15 or 1.1.16. If you are playing on 1.1.14 just place a Vacuum Chest or Vacuum Hopper above your Machine.

TheMissingLink5

Jul 29, 2019
I went ahead and disabled Jareds Map Downloader, and now it won't even let me start a new game. This is a bummer. I'll redownload 1.1.14 and start over until the devs get back to us.

Andor_Nor

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind me again this is an issue with the latest builds of cauldron only
https://gitlab.prok.pw/Prototik/KCauldron/issues/129

Edit: Actually found its an issue when using a mismatched version of forge on the client and server. If the client/server has forge 1492 and the later has 1481 or below this issue will be present

Thanks for your due diligence with this issue ... this is why I love playing on DevCo servers!

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
Still waiting for someone to fix Jareds Map Downloader. I tried to manually download the files myself but Curse gave me the Forbidden error and said I was not allowed to access those files then cloud fire blocked me.
Someone posted a link about this issue but that site had a bad certificate and my web browser is blocking it.

If someone could upload the spawn point template to Mega-Upload or something and tell me where to drop it that would be great.

Pikachu_Trainer

Jul 29, 2019
This is to anyone having issues with Jared's Map loader. When it gets stuck on the Mojang screen, minimize the window, there should be a prompt asking me you if you want to download something for the mod (I said yes) then let it download, a few moments later, another prompt will pop up asking something similar. (I said yes to this as well). After answering those two prompts, the mods should continue loading as normal. Hope this helped all you guys and can continue playing obscurity. :)

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
This is to anyone having issues with Jared's Map loader. When it gets stuck on the Mojang screen, minimize the window, there should be a prompt asking me you if you want to download something for the mod (I said yes) then let it download, a few moments later, another prompt will pop up asking something similar. (I said yes to this as well). After answering those two prompts, the mods should continue loading as normal. Hope this helped all you guys and can continue playing obscurity. :)

Still won't work for me. The Create new world button dose nothing. I can hear it click but then it takes me back to the main menu.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I think this bug is fixed in 1.1.15 or 1.1.16. If you are playing on 1.1.14 just place a Vacuum Chest or Vacuum Hopper above your Machine.
i am also having this problem and i am playing on 1.1.14 using the curse launcher. i dont see any 1.1.15 or 1.1.16 versions on there. what am i missing?

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
I can't autocraft Flint and Steel nor Nether Gates. Using AE i get a Java Error: [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null. Trying it with a Cyclic Assembler/Crafter eats up the Mini - Portal. I can't imagine this being intended...

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I normally don't complain about decisions made by pack authors (though I have on occasion expressed a personal dislike), but not being able to silk touch glowstone is BS of the highest order. I'm assuming that it is to keep it from being used as mobile lighting, but we already have easier to use mobile lighting in the form of invar torches and interdiction torches.

And if it is really that important, how about this; make it so silk touch spits out 4 glowstone dust and a glass (as opposed to the current glass and rare glowstone dust), remove the crafting table recipe, and make it so that 4 glowstone dust + glass in an induction smelter = glowstone block. That would remove the ability to casually pick it up and re-place it.

Aeronaxx

Jul 29, 2019
I just completed the Chapter "Darkness Falls" and now i'm in the Overworld, but i can't find the Deep Dark Portal back to my Base.

Celadeus

Jul 29, 2019
I just completed the Chapter "Darkness Falls" and now i'm in the Overworld, but i can't find the Deep Dark Portal back to my Base.
Cause there is no portal back ? :D
This is the end of the story, did you even go to the target location in the overworld and got the rewards ? they are cheated and so troll X)
If you want to go back to keep on building/completing quests go in creative or /give to get a portal to the deep dark.

Still, i wonder how to unlock the secret part of the questbook, this is annoying me not to know everything :(