[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
One of the quests asks for 6 Vibrant Capacitor Banks which seems to be a bit ridiculous at this stage of the quest book. 1 Vibrant Capacitor Bank requires at least 2 Octadic Capacitors which are made out of 1 Glowstone Block each. 1 Glowstone Block can only be made with 10'000 mB Energized Glowstone = 40 Glowstone Dust! That's a total of at least 480 Glowstone Dust which is very expensive to make. Am I missing something here?

I've never actually been too big on vanilla potion making, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've made both versions of the potion of weakness that I know of for the thaumcraft quest that helps you unlock all the aspects, but neither one was acknowledged by the quest. Anyone else have that issue?
Yes, I had the same issue. What's strange is when I spawned in a potion of weakness then it was recognized by the quest even though it was the exact same item.

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hey, i played your pack for some time now and i love it! My only issue is that my Pc is unable to handle more then 6 Compact Machines active at the same time and always crashes after some time. Is there a workaround (install Optifine/Fastcraft etc.) or should i just build my other stuff in the main world ?
Glad you like it and thx for the feedback, we really appreciate. As for the compact machines if you are entering and leaving them over and over it will leak memory because of java and minecraft a bug that's not fixable because of things in java. It will help to keep as much as you can to the overworld and if it isn't already in the version you are playing add fastcraft and try tinker with the settings. There are also some additional Java parameters but, not knowing your specs I can't suggest them to you. If your still having issues send us a pm on here and I will try and help further. ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Is anyone else having trouble with pumping liquids into the QDS? I'm on Lava Generation which asks for 100 buckets of Lava. I did the Select Task and right clicked the QDS and the icon shows up and shows the quest is active on the QDS but when I pump lava into it, it won't give me credit for the lava. I pumped all 100 buckets from a barrel into the QDS and nothing.
Hmm strange. Okay we'll have a look into this and see if we can fix it. If you can make a report on the Issue Tracker ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I've never actually been too big on vanilla potion making, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've made both versions of the potion of weakness that I know of for the thaumcraft quest that helps you unlock all the aspects, but neither one was acknowledged by the quest. Anyone else have that issue?
Okay thanks for the heads up, we will look into this. If you can, please report the issue on the tracker ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
One of the quests asks for 6 Vibrant Capacitor Banks which seems to be a bit ridiculous at this stage of the quest book. 1 Vibrant Capacitor Bank requires at least 2 Octadic Capacitors which are made out of 1 Glowstone Block each. 1 Glowstone Block can only be made with 10'000 mB Energized Glowstone = 40 Glowstone Dust! That's a total of at least 480 Glowstone Dust which is very expensive to make. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I had the same issue. What's strange is when I spawned in a potion of weakness then it was recognized by the quest even though it was the exact same item.
Okay, again we'll take a look at that issue for you, as that's a little expensive :p

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with pumping liquids into the QDS? I'm on Lava Generation which asks for 100 buckets of Lava. I did the Select Task and right clicked the QDS and the icon shows up and shows the quest is active on the QDS but when I pump lava into it, it won't give me credit for the lava. I pumped all 100 buckets from a barrel into the QDS and nothing.

Yes it randomly resets, in the end I cheated past when I get over the amount, but quest book logged -5% !! <----<< ping...

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I only found 15 gold, and I started making casts for my tools prior to handing in the 8 aluminium required for the ores quest in chapter 1. I think gold was found toward the bottom of the first void pit, but ive only found diamonds, emeralds, ferrous, and yellowrite for the most part. Aluminium was towards the top but i dont remember the y level on that either...

On a separate note, I noticed since updating to 1.1.12 i also have no mobs spawning.

EDIT: It seems mine too also started up in peaceful.

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on the Recommended, 1.1.11, version of the pack. I'm setting up my first mob spawner and the blaze spawner recieved inside of the compact machine for the hell quest doesn't seem to spawn blazes, at least not normal blazes. Even when it's placed on Extra Utilities Cursed Earth, it doesn't seem to be spawning blazes either, let alone when i'm not around. I have had A blaze spawn, but it was about 60 blocks lower in elevation from the spawner and is immortal. Granted, the blaze doesn't seem to see me so It's basically docile, but I can't hurt it either.

Already posted this to the issue tracker as well.

Buffagenik

Jul 29, 2019
Question here: do i really need JourneyMap? because its kind of slows my machine down. everytime my minecraft freezes, i looked at the console and its journeymap doing its things. If i'll need the waypoint, can i replace it with Voxel? or not use it at all?

Dillsie

Jul 29, 2019
I've reached the point in the quest line which I can start creating lava via magma cremes, however I have not come across any blue slime's, and I can't seem to find any after hours of playing. Is there anyway to spawn these slime's at an increased rate? Otherwise the workaround is that I'll have to stand in the smeltery so I can create congealed blood, and use that instead of the blue slime's. But that it will be VERY slow. ??

Edit: I updated to the latest version and now the slime's are spawning at an increased rate, not sure why, probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019

While you are correct about that particular recipe, there are other ways to get glowstone. There is another recipe for glowstone dust that utilizes the Smeltery. You melt down 5 pyrotheum dust in the smeltery and cast it on top of a luminite dust on a casting table. The other way is to make an Ender IO powered spawner with a witch spawner. Witchs drop glowstone among other things.

My Magma Crucible quest does not unlock either...
I had this same problem and the answer is you used the wrong recipe. You have to use the recipe that uses invar gears/nether bricks and not the one that uses tin gears/lava buckets.

Question here: do i really need JourneyMap? because its kind of slows my machine down. everytime my minecraft freezes, i looked at the console and its journeymap doing its things. If i'll need the waypoint, can i replace it with Voxel? or not use it at all?
No, you do not. I disabled mine for the same reasons and I have been running just fine. The coordinates you need to visit are listed in the quest book, not in JourneyMap.

I've reached the point in the quest line which I can start creating lava via magma cremes, however I have not come across any blue slime's, and I can't seem to find any after hours of playing. Is there anyway to spawn these slime's at an increased rate? Otherwise the workaround is that I'll have to stand in the smeltery so I can create congealed blood, and use that instead of the blue slime's. But that it will be VERY slow. ??

Edit: I updated to the latest version and now the slime's are spawning at an increased rate, not sure why, probably just a coincidence.
There is also a quest not too far into the second chapter that has you visiting a cube with a slime island in it. In that cube, you can find a slime tree and a chest with slime tree saplings. You can grow these to make more slime.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I only found 15 gold, and I started making casts for my tools prior to handing in the 8 aluminium required for the ores quest in chapter 1. I think gold was found toward the bottom of the first void pit, but ive only found diamonds, emeralds, ferrous, and yellowrite for the most part. Aluminium was towards the top but i dont remember the y level on that either...

On a separate note, I noticed since updating to 1.1.12 i also have no mobs spawning.

EDIT: It seems mine too also started up in peaceful.
As for ore generation, yes we are aware it's extremely broken in terms of not working but, that will be fixed in an upcoming version. As for the mobs not spawning, I made a mistake on the update. https://github.com/SnowShock35/Obscurity/issues/76

My Magma Crucible quest does not unlock either...
If you update to 1.1.12 and re craft it using the new recipe it should detect it. Just some nbt data derps.

If it's causing issues then simply disable it. As for other minimaps I have no idea. My recomendation is opis's mapwriter (Will be in a future version) As for voxel map I don't have a clue as it uses lite loader and it's not something I use at all. Sorry about this ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
While you are correct about that particular recipe, there are other ways to get glowstone. There is another recipe for glowstone dust that utilizes the Smeltery. You melt down 5 pyrotheum dust in the smeltery and cast it on top of a luminite dust on a casting table. The other way is to make an Ender IO powered spawner with a witch spawner. Witchs drop glowstone among other things.

I had this same problem and the answer is you used the wrong recipe. You have to use the recipe that uses invar gears/nether bricks and not the one that uses tin gears/lava buckets.

No, you do not. I disabled mine for the same reasons and I have been running just fine. The coordinates you need to visit are listed in the quest book, not in JourneyMap.

There is also a quest not too far into the second chapter that has you visiting a cube with a slime island in it. In that cube, you can find a slime tree and a chest with slime tree saplings. You can grow these to make more slime.
Thanks for replying to these comments for me. Saved me some time to work on the pack some more ;)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

blue slimes will spawn around your base at ground lvl, & for me they can be a bit of a problem to clear up before heading out on a trip to find the next machine, if you mine down to lvl 10ish (diamond lvl & leave a good sized cavern green slimes should spawn, well do for me, but not that often, one thing to note, blue & green slime don't seem to be effected by cursed earth, but & here is the spoiler cursed mobs have less hp than dark deep normal mobs :), I am using the cursed earth from around the first machine quest to quickly spawn mobs to refill tc wands, until I have a good number or a large node & the stabilizer setup to auto-charge, I like testing & working out my own ways to solve problems, may not always be the best, but I find a way...

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought of something. Does the Thaumcraft dungeons, eldrich obelisk and wisp spawner altar, spawn in the Deep Dark? I thought about making the Osmotic Enchanter, but i'd need the obsidian tiles and totems for that.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Okay. For anyone wondering I am now back from my time away. This means posts will be replied to sooner and bugs will be replied too sooner as well

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Just thought of something. Does the Thaumcraft dungeons, eldrich obelisk and wisp spawner altar, spawn in the Deep Dark? I thought about making the Osmotic Enchanter, but i'd need the obsidian tiles and totems for that.

As far as I know they do not spawn. Flying around in the deep dark I haven't seen any. I will talk to snow about whether it is possible to have them spawn

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

I have not seen any on my limited travels, I have not even found a deep dark castle dungeon.