[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Jul 29, 2019
Figured out the issue with my video not having mob spawns. for some reason, the pack loaded up with the difficulty set at peaceful, never noticed until after I finished recording.

Reactions: SnowShock35

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is intended or a bug:
- Leather armor can't be crafted. Leather Boots are needed for the Boots of the Traveler quest. The only way to get Leather Boots for that is from mobs dropping it and repairing it in an Anvil.
- Amber Bearing Stone doesn't seem to be generated in the world unless I've been unlucky. The only way I found so far to get Amber for the Arcane Lamps quest is from Dungeon Chests.

I could get both eventually but it was a bit tricky. ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
- Leather armor can't be crafted. Leather Boots are needed for the Boots of the Traveler quest. The only way to get Leather Boots for that is from mobs dropping it and repairing it in an Anvil.
- Amber Bearing Stone doesn't seem to be generated in the world unless I've been unlucky. The only way I found so far to get Amber for the Arcane Lamps quest is from Dungeon Chests.

Okay we'll have a look into this, thx for the heads up ;)

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just trying this pack out for the first time, but I'm stuck. I can't get a flint and steel: I've made a grindstone and ground down some coal, but can't smelt it in the smeltery to get liquifacted coal, I've just spent the last several hours caving for luminite, and used about two stacks of it making lava, and used up all that lava trying to smelt the powdered coal, but it's not progressing beyond (slightly less than) half done. I've unlocked a quest to get a flint and steel, but to complete the quest I need to hand in a lit torch, and I've placed them all. To make one I need a flint and steel. Is it now impossible to proceed, or have I just missed something? I saw something in the thread about lighting a torch using a furnace, but couldn't get this to work.

Edit: Aside from this, been having fun, thanks for the pack! I've never really spent any time in the Deep Dark, never found a reason to, but I'm enjoying it in this context. Good work!

More edit: I'm more than capable of producing unlit torches with the luminite I've found, perhaps this would be a more useful hand-in task thing? The reason I didn't find the quest at first was that I had no problem getting bonemeal, and certainly didn't want to waste coal on a repeatable quest to get it. In the end I decided to complete the quest just to see what the one that followed it was, and then found out I was stuck, because I'd placed my torches whilst mining for the coal.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just trying this pack out for the first time, but I'm stuck. I can't get a flint and steel: I've made a grindstone and ground down some coal, but can't smelt it in the smeltery to get liquifacted coal, I've just spent the last several hours caving for luminite, and used about two stacks of it making lava, and used up all that lava trying to smelt the powdered coal, but it's not progressing beyond (slightly less than) half done. I've unlocked a quest to get a flint and steel, but to complete the quest I need to hand in a lit torch, and I've placed them all. To make one I need a flint and steel. Is it now impossible to proceed, or have I just missed something? I saw something in the thread about lighting a torch using a furnace, but couldn't get this to work.

You have to add blazing pyrothium to melt something like that in the smeltery. Try using the TE magma crucible and having it output to the mold. Or piping it in if you prefer.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
You have to add blazing pyrothium to melt something like that in the smeltery. Try using the TE magma crucible and having it output to the mold. Or piping it in if you prefer.

Ahh... this could be a problem, considering I don't yet have the technology to make... you know... torches :/

Edit: thanks for the reply though, I didn't know that about smelteries!

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a recipe conflict between bronze and tinker's alloy armor. when I made some I got
This is intended. Still gives a feeling of risk even if u can fly around. For lighting while flying you can use the Hyper energetic nitor which is easy enough to research and craft. And finally the idea behind the darkness hurting you is a enemy from doctor who known as the Vashta Nerada which you can feel free to look up but the idea is that darkness/shadows will kill you. As for the night vission that's because it's an effect not actual light again use hyper energetic nitor. ;)
I read the Vashta Nerada explanation from others but I thought it was a joke. lol. You should put in a mob that walks around in a space suit saying "Hey, who turned out the lights?" That was the best part of that episode. At any rate, I didn't get into the thaumcraft section (as I'm tired of that mod) so I didn't know about the hyper energetic nitor. Thanks for the tip, and keep up the good work. The mod is nicely unique and I LOVE compact machines. It's about time someone put them to good use in a modpack.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a recipe conflict between bronze and tinker's alloy armor. when I made some I got

I read the Vashta Nerada explanation from others but I thought it was a joke. lol. You should put in a mob that walks around in a space suit saying "Hey, who turned out the lights?" That was the best part of that episode. At any rate, I didn't get into the thaumcraft section (as I'm tired of that mod) so I didn't know about the hyper energetic nitor. Thanks for the tip, and keep up the good work. The mod is nicely unique and I LOVE compact machines. It's about time someone put them to good use in a modpack.

I too am tired of the TC research mini game but in this pack its on -1 so easy mode as long as you have the aspects you just click to learn.

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019

Amber is found in the top layer only (the ceiling of the Deep Dark). You won't find any of it in the floor.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

Edit: Aside from this, been having fun, thanks for the pack! I've never really spent any time in the Deep Dark, never found a reason to, but I'm enjoying it in this context. Good work!

More edit: I'm more than capable of producing unlit torches with the luminite I've found, perhaps this would be a more useful hand-in task thing? The reason I didn't find the quest at first was that I had no problem getting bonemeal, and certainly didn't want to waste coal on a repeatable quest to get it. In the end I decided to complete the quest just to see what the one that followed it was, and then found out I was stuck, because I'd placed my torches whilst mining for the coal.
Thanks for the great feedback. As for the quests yes the coal can only be melted with blazing pyrotheum and it kinda falls into an infinite loop, this is going to be looking at for the next huge major update. For now I would just spawn in a torch and claim that reward and continue on. Again thanks for the great feedback and glad you are liking the pack so far.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

Thanks for the great feedback. And yes I totally agree. That episode of Dr Who was amazing :D

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great feedback. As for the quests yes the coal can only be melted with blazing pyrotheum and it kinda falls into an infinite loop, this is going to be looking at for the next huge major update. For now I would just spawn in a torch and claim that reward and continue on. Again thanks for the great feedback and glad you are liking the pack so far.

Thanks for the advice, and glad I could be of service!

Conansson

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i played your pack for some time now and i love it! My only issue is that my Pc is unable to handle more then 6 Compact Machines active at the same time and always crashes after some time. Is there a workaround (install Optifine/Fastcraft etc.) or should i just build my other stuff in the main world ?

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with pumping liquids into the QDS? I'm on Lava Generation which asks for 100 buckets of Lava. I did the Select Task and right clicked the QDS and the icon shows up and shows the quest is active on the QDS but when I pump lava into it, it won't give me credit for the lava. I pumped all 100 buckets from a barrel into the QDS and nothing.

Oddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i played your pack for some time now and i love it! My only issue is that my Pc is unable to handle more then 6 Compact Machines active at the same time and always crashes after some time. Is there a workaround (install Optifine/Fastcraft etc.) or should i just build my other stuff in the main world ?
I had the same problem as well. I got rid of JourneyMap and AromaBackup and it really helped with those issues.

Etrofder

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually been too big on vanilla potion making, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've made both versions of the potion of weakness that I know of for the thaumcraft quest that helps you unlock all the aspects, but neither one was acknowledged by the quest. Anyone else have that issue?