[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Rehab, I understand what you mean by people should be allowed to edit the packs, unfortunately, if they do it wrong, they go the pack creators Forum, wanting help in fixing it. Then the creator either has to be rude and tell them, "you broke it, you fix it" or spend a god awful amount of time helping them to fix what they never intended of the pack. So its best for the pack creators to just not help them in the first place.

Again, that makes no sense, because one of the fundamental things that most(not all, but most) players now know that things like editing and or adding mods will not be supported by the pack Dev, and it's the user's responsibility if they choose to do so. However asking what mod does what feature is by far being intrusive, rude, etc. If the Pack Dev wants to disclose or not is totally up to them. I have watched several pack forums and have yet to see someone demand or even ask a pack Dev to help fix an issue the player caused. I also have seen a few players ask how they can change an aspect because of (reasons) and the Dev's happily told them so they can enjoy the work they have done.

The thing is Chrissy(and most players I have seen) didn't ask SnowShock35(The Devs) What/How to do what they wanted, but anyone that could help. Thinking that the Pack Creators shouldn't help people in the first place is a very narrow minded way at looking at it.lol So your saying that because I have vision problems that in order to enjoy this pack would be to ask how I can add more light sources, or restore what was changed that They should say "That's sucks to be you, Find another pack to play"?

Not to mention that is why us as players should help each other, and not bother the Devs.

Reactions: SnowShock35

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Let's not have this argument people. The way things are in the pack is because that's how Snow and Johnny feel it should be, if you think something should be changed feel free to suggest it and we will look at it.

If you want to change your configs to change the pack while you play that's fine. But if you come across any issues you must attempt to reproduce them in an unmodified version of the pack. We cannot be responsible for issues that occur when people change things (if it's compatability issues we might look at what can be done to fix it)

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, since you are changing light sources, like lava, wouldnt it be best to wait til after the update and then make a new trailer? Because the way people build would change. I could upload the map I am playing but I rely heavy on the lava as a Light source Vs. Torches

I've managed to grab a beta map that doesn't feature lava as a light source at all. I also have the latest releases so I have combined that in to the advert to make it as similar to gameplay as possible

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
ahh glad to hear that AKTheKnight. I figured with the pack changes, the game play/Style would change also, so would give a false impression of how this Pack should/could be played. Im glad you were able to get what you needed, cant wait to see the finished product :) I would like to send the link of the video off to a few streamers to see if I can get them to play on their stream

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
"I'm not going to help you, As a matter of fact i'm going to be quite pretentious"

Thanks to @RehabOholic for the winning answer, The one thing i couldn't puzzle out doing the pack was how you're meant to get steel for the purpose of making a flint and steel as you were meant to. As well, Monsters have stopped approaching my base like they did when i first set up shop
You will receive a flint and steel in a quest not too far in. It has 256 uses, plently for to get to the point when you have steel.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a use for the Blizz Heads, and Snow Golem Heads I am not seeing? Or are they just a troll lol

Edit: I take it no one has found the chest they were in.lol I was hoping you could make Blizz's and snow golems from them.

Last edited:

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Is there a use for the Blizz Heads, and Snow Golem Heads I am not seeing? Or are they just a troll lol

Edit: I take it no one has found the chest they were in.lol I was hoping you could make Blizz's and snow golems from them.

As far as I know there isn't currently a use for them. I will talk to Snow and Johnny about whether we can add something to make them useful

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Monsters have pretty much quit showing up for me unless i go deep into the dark (Which causes it's own issues).

And what quest rewards a flint and steel? Because i never figured that out

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Monsters have pretty much quit showing up for me unless i go deep into the dark (Which causes it's own issues).

And what quest rewards a flint and steel? Because i never figured that out

I was sometimes getting that issue. Not sure what happened but I will try to find out for you.

As for the flint and steel quest I am not 100% certain. Again I will try and find out for you

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a Mod that after you have camped an area for x amount of time, mobs stop showing up, or not as often. I have found a way around this. If you find where the merchants place is, there is cursed or tainted earth. If you have a pick or shovel with the Silk touch on it, (you get a silky jewel from one of the quests) then harvest a piece, and make a mob spawner around this, you will have all the mobs you want if done correctly. the hard part is getting that piece of earth, cause mobs are spawning the whole time, but worth the effort.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a Mod that after you have camped an area for x amount of time, mobs stop showing up, or not as often. I have found a way around this. If you find where the merchants place is, there is cursed or tainted earth. If you have a pick or shovel with the Silk touch on it, (you get a silky jewel from one of the quests) then harvest a piece, and make a mob spawner around this, you will have all the mobs you want if done correctly. the hard part is getting that piece of earth, cause mobs are spawning the whole time, but worth the effort.
That was the plan if the player is smart and brave enough!

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
So if i might make a suggestion, Don't hide the quest that gives you the flint and steel behind the "Grow already" Quest.

Why? Because if you're me, Or somebody like me, You never completed grow already because it's in the upper left, making it non evident that it leads to other things, Plus i never had a big enough problem with bone meal to need the quest, As well there's a quest that rewards you with a flint and steel, The next quest is to make... Another flint and steel? Also i've mined out at least a hundred blocks at multiple levels and found no quartz, Where is it?

And is there a way to take the personal shrinking device out of the reward bag cache? Because getting another gameboy from a loot bag is a real disappointment...

Also, I'm experiencing huuuge memory leaks with this pack. Any ideas why?

Keep in mind that this stuff is my opinion.

tussengas

Jul 29, 2019
In order to learn Victus and being able to scan the seeds, you need the researchtable that requires an inksac.

I scanned the items in the order you suggested in your quest, but the seeds weren't scannable.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
So if i might make a suggestion, Don't hide the quest that gives you the flint and steel behind the "Grow already" Quest.

Why? Because if you're me, Or somebody like me, You never completed grow already because it's in the upper left, making it non evident that it leads to other things, Plus i never had a big enough problem with bone meal to need the quest, As well there's a quest that rewards you with a flint and steel, The next quest is to make... Another flint and steel? Also i've mined out at least a hundred blocks at multiple levels and found no quartz, Where is it?

And is there a way to take the personal shrinking device out of the reward bag cache? Because getting another gameboy from a loot bag is a real disappointment...

Also, I'm experiencing huuuge memory leaks with this pack. Any ideas why?

Keep in mind that this stuff is my opinion.

I'll pass that on and we'll see what we can change. Quartz currently isn't in the map except in new chunks due to an ID change, we're looking at how to solve it.

I'll add removing game boys from loot bags to our tracker.

Not sure about the memory leaks, I've not had any issues, what Java version do you use?

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I still think a small weapon at the beginning would be nice, Even a wooden sword with knockback. Just so you dont have to change to easy or peaceful, just to reach the pit. I always seem to start the world with 3 creepers right outside the base and they just sit there taunting me lol

tussengas

Jul 29, 2019
Actually... the 'weapon' you get at the start is the torch. Finish the first 2 quests before you jump down, repel enemies in a circle arround you. If they are zombies or creepers, you can easily 'hit and run' even tough that wet noodle of your fist might take a while to kill it.

I've restarted a few times but never had real problems reaching the savespot.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I'll pass that on and we'll see what we can change. Quartz currently isn't in the map except in new chunks due to an ID change, we're looking at how to solve it.

I'll add removing game boys from loot bags to our tracker.

Not sure about the memory leaks, I've not had any issues, what Java version do you use?

I always keep myself up to date on Java versions, As for the map. How far out is the world pre-generated? Because i can't be sure if i've gone far enough and i really need quartz.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I always keep myself up to date on Java versions, As for the map. How far out is the world pre-generated? Because i can't be sure if i've gone far enough and i really need quartz.

I would presume it is up to about the furthest co ordinates in the quest book. I know Johnny flew around removing the naturally spawning buildings so it will be quite far out

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Actually... the 'weapon' you get at the start is the torch. Finish the first 2 quests before you jump down, repel enemies in a circle arround you. If they are zombies or creepers, you can easily 'hit and run' even tough that wet noodle of your fist might take a while to kill it.

I've restarted a few times but never had real problems reaching the savespot.

If people are having issues progressing there is one slightly cheeky option. Change the autosave time and number of backups taken. Then when you die, load up the backup and try again