[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how to install the manual version with multimc:
1) Download the pack
2) Open MultiMC and create a new instance minecraft version 1.7.10
3) Launch the instance to check it runs
4) Close the instance, press edit instance and install minecraft forge version 10.13.3.1401 or higher
5) Launch the instance again to check it works
6) Open the instance folder and drag the "minecraft" folder from the pack into the instance folder. Select overwrite when prompted.
7)Launch instance and it should all work.

If not post here or on the Github and I will see how I can help
This helped but I also had to increase the permgen. Changed it from 64 to 128, might be too much or not but the pack loads fine now.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you guys so much for your support.

I would love to see pics of your builds. I want to see how you guys are playing the pack and overcoming its limitations.

There are a few different ways of doing thing so I want to see if anyones a smarty pants!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, does the redstone torches stop the deep dark damage or does it need to be normal light level?
Kinda regreting not accepting all the torches rewards... Didnt realised how hard would be to make them.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
The quest "get to the cube" don't validate when I'm siting on the cube in the big hole.

Same result if I shrink myself and go inside.

That is a known issue that we have a fix for and will be released in the next update. For now do /hqm edit and complete it that way

Reactions: SnowShock35

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The market quest has the locations in the wrong order... First should be cube location and then the location inside the cube.
The Icy quest... we have coords for another dimension... which one? overworld?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
The market quest has the locations in the wrong order... First should be cube location and then the location inside the cube.
The Icy quest... we have coords for another dimension... which one? overworld?

Okay, those are both issues, I will make sure that is sorted for the next release.

Do you need me to find you the co ords or have you managed them?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I think I am still a little far away from venturing to far from my torch but... the coords could be useful to others

I've just messaged the other beta testers and we will find the co-ords and post them if needed. This will be fixed for the next release

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, does the redstone torches stop the deep dark damage or does it need to be normal light level?
Kinda regreting not accepting all the torches rewards... Didnt realised how hard would be to make them.
Yes it does stop the Shadows. You start taking damage under light level 5. The way it works is the longer you have been exposed to light, the longer you have in the darkness.

The torch difficulty is very strategic. There will be some new updates soon in relation to the light mechanics and quests. I hope the further you play, you might see our intentions.

Thanks again for all your input

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
After completing the smeltery quest, 4 quests show up with no tasks and icons for a dark iron pickaxe, dark iron armour, Tier 5 ender io jetpack and dark iron jetpack plating.
I am assuming this quests are hidden trigger quests and should had stayed hidden, right?

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
After completing the smeltery quest, 4 quests show up with no tasks and icons for a dark iron pickaxe, dark iron armour, Tier 5 ender io jetpack and dark iron jetpack plating.
I am assuming this quests are hidden trigger quests and should had stayed hidden, right?

I'm not sure, I will add it to the issue tracker and find out as soon as one of the quest creators is available

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019

It may be that the quests are there but have yet to be setup. Either way it is on the list of things to do

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Like a noob... I tried to sleep inside the machine....
Explosions.... all lost... Check backup... 57 mins old!! (it backups every 60 mins... 3 more mins and would have lost an hour)

Ouch that's unlucky, you could always change the backup to every 30 minutes if you wanted