[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

lightfarmer

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting an error when launching pack that states "error unzipping modpack" plus this in the console:

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Obscurity
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 8C433335A4DDFD9DE987BBF7A11432BA
Remote: 8C433335A4DDFD9DE987BBF7A11432BA
Mods Folder: C:\Users\lightfarmer\Desktop\Minecraft FTB Launcher\Obscurity\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\lightfarmer\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Obscurity\minecraft\mods
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
Error unzipping modpack!!!

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting an error when launching pack that states "error unzipping modpack" plus this in the console:

Logging in...
Login complete.
Obscurity
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Mods Folder: C:\Users\lightfarmer\Desktop\Minecraft FTB Launcher\Obscurity\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\lightfarmer\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\Obscurity\minecraft\mods
Extracting (Backup way)

Getting the same error

Reactions: SnowShock35

DisOleBlock

Jul 29, 2019

Logging in...
Login complete.
Obscurity
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Extracting (Backup way)

Yep, me too

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

Logging in...
Login complete.
Obscurity
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Extracting (Backup way)

Getting the same error

Really sorry about it not working, I will have a new version up ASAP for now stick with the manual download

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Started manual download.... 500Mb!!! WTF....

20% done, notice there is a code already.

Cancel download, start launcher download.

Read rest of the thread....

Kill launcher download, start manual again :(

You sir, are giving me a lot of trouble!!! ;)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I see now why it has 500Mb...

Try using the LockDown mod. It will cut the download size to half since you will not need the map backup.

Edit: Scratch that. I see you have the HardcoreMapReset mod. In that case, no need to have the map in the save folder and the backup zip forge does when it found some missing items... Its just.... 390Mb less!

Edit: I would still use lockdown mod, so it is guaranteed that every new world will start correctly instead of requiring to reset and start the world its already created. It also enables the player to easily have more then one world with the same map

Last edited:

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I see now why it has 500Mb...

Try using the LockDown mod. It will cut the download size to half since you will not need the map backup.

Edit: Scratch that. I see you have the HardcoreMapReset mod. In that case, no need to have the map in the save folder and the backup zip forge does when it found some missing items... Its just.... 390Mb less!

Edit: I would still use lockdown mod, so it is guaranteed that every new world will start correctly instead of requiring to reset and start the world its already created. It also enables the player to easily have more then one world with the same map
I plan to do something along these lines ;)

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
i am having trouble following the quest book. all i see around me is a head and sign. a little further away a hole in the ground. can i get any clues please :D

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried that. seems to be nothing more around me. any hints :D

Tucked into the wooden structure built over the center of the hole, there's a block called a compact machine. Right-click on it with the personal shrinking device you started with.

Apparently this is obvious to people familiar with the mod, but it's not to the rest of us. Once you get past that first hurdle the quests become extremely helpful and instructive, so I don't understand the disconnect.

Last edited:

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
i love this pack so far for now, really good work and content...

my feed back:
- When i start i dont know where is the Compact Machine, i saw a little light far away when i set the brightness to max so i figure it.
- Mobs spin in the place and jump over the stone path, this is not really good.
- New ore Miner quest is bugged, cant complete.
- You get a new PSD and Quest Book every time you log in, really annoying.

Hope you can make soon the Server Files for this, my friends and Im want to test it. Thanks to your team for make it.

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
Tucked into the wooden structure built over the center of the hole, there's a block called a compact machine. Right-click on it with the personal shrinking device you started with.

Apparently this is obvious to people familiar with the mod, but it's not to the rest of us. Once you get past that first hurdle the quests become extremely helpful and instructive, so I don't understand the disconnect.

well, you dont have too much to do at the start, this is my first time with the mod too and i figure it. some little tip can help some ppl anyway.

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Pack Update:
As NunoAgapito said, the file size for the previous world is just too big. This caused the issue with the FTB launcher version.

We are fixing this and will also me making a few changes based on the comments so far.

Planned Changes:
(Mods) - Change to LockDown mod to handle map
(Quest Book) - Reward of pick for first quest - will allow player to get some early cobble and set up a wall.
(Quest Book) - Certain Sets should have been locked until completing required quests.
(Map) - More torches leading to the first Compact Machine
(Map) - Possibly a sign pointing people in the direction of the Compact machine

This should all be fixed and a manual download should be available in 24 hours. We will then re submit the 1.1.6 version to the FTB team.

Thanks again for all the feedback and suggestions!