[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Still getting "Invalid Private Pack" when I enter into FTB. pls i fna
The pack needs to be aproved and uploaded by the FTB team. This will take a couple of days. That's why the main post says "coming soon"

The manual version should be ready to post here in less than an hour.

Reactions: SnowShock35

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Why did you promise you're going to issue link to download if you do not you keep it? It is discouraging many people think of experimenting modpack ...

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Alright all you keen people to play the pack, you can now get it via the manual download and the pack has been submitted to the 3rd party team, waiting approval estimated 3 days at most. My apologies for not getting it to you guys sooner just a lot of IRL stuff going on at the moment making it difficult. Anyways enjoy, have fun and if you have any issues report them here in the comment section now. ;)

-Snow

CC: @JohnnyMobbins

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding out how to "install" Obscurity to Vanilla Launcher. I've looked all across the internet, but nothing. If anyone could help, that would be great.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding out how to "install" Obscurity to Vanilla Launcher. I've looked all across the internet, but nothing. If anyone could help, that would be great.

Okay here is the very very easy way, load up curse launcher make a new profile call it Obscurity leave the default 174 etc, hit back at top left, right click the new Obscurity Icon & open file location, add all the files from the zip into the new instance Obscurity, of course you add from the zipped minecraft folder into the instance minecraft folder, hit play & let it build, little under 2 minutes later it will be loaded & ready to play.

You can do the same with vanilla by loading minecraft & making a new profile loading it, then quit & drag all the files from zip into it & reloading.

edit:
Had a quick look, it seems to work fine its gonna be hard to grow a couple of trees with no way to make a protecting wall or fence.

Looks good, I am just too tired to try it out now.

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions:
The very first quest assumes I already know how/where to use the shrinking device, but I didn't. I hadn't seen that mod before. I died several times and restored the save before I figured it out.

I don't fully understand it still, but it seems like if I lose my shrinking device, there's no way to get another one because I need it to get inside where the spares are.

Also, the testicle jokes don't promote the atmosphere I think you're trying to achieve, and aren't especially funny anyway (to anyone over the age of 15).

I'm going to try to grow a tree in the dark now.

ElectricFTW

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions:
The very first quest assumes I already know how/where to use the shrinking device, but I didn't. I hadn't seen that mod before. I died several times and restored the save before I figured it out.

I don't fully understand it still, but it seems like if I lose my shrinking device, there's no way to get another one because I need it to get inside where the spares are.

Also, the testicle jokes don't promote the atmosphere I think you're trying to achieve, and aren't especially funny anyway (to anyone over the age of 15).

I'm sorry you don't like the pack, and if you don't know how to use Compact Machines you've been playing the wrong modpacks. I understand if you're just giving suggestions, but there is no need to say it in the way you did. Sorry you rage quitted. I think the pack is amazing and very well done, I went right into that thing balls to the wall gameplay ;). Now go been a nuisance somewhere else.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
First impressions:

Well thanks for the feedback, will take this into consideration and we'll make improvements to the quest lore and some other minor things. ;) Anymore feedback you may have is very much appreciated ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Okay here is the very very easy way, load up curse launcher make a new profile call it Obscurity leave the default 174 etc, hit back at top left, right click the new Obscurity Icon & open file location, add all the files from the zip into the new instance Obscurity, of course you add from the zipped minecraft folder into the instance minecraft folder, hit play & let it build, little under 2 minutes later it will be loaded & ready to play.

You can do the same with vanilla by loading minecraft & making a new profile loading it, then quit & drag all the files from zip into it & reloading.

edit:
Had a quick look, it seems to work fine its gonna be hard to grow a couple of trees with no way to make a protecting wall or fence.

Looks good, I am just too tired to try it out now.
Thanks for the feedback, I like your idea of possibly having protection of walls or fences might look into this idea. Thx -Snow ;)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry you don't like the pack, and if you don't know how to use Compact Machines you've been playing the wrong modpacks. I understand if you're just giving suggestions, but there is no need to say it in the way you did. Sorry you rage quitted. I think the pack is amazing and very well done, I went right into that thing balls to the wall gameplay ;). Now go been a nuisance somewhere else.

I think you read the wrong spoiler the one I read did not mention rage quit or was in no way inflammatory, the guy just stated he didnt understand a mod & muddled his way around it,

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I do believe his opinion/feedback was valid although it was a bit hostile we'll take all feedback into consideration and thx for the feedback yourself ;)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I'd recommend MultiMC it's far better IMO. There are plenty tutorials on YouTube on how to use it and there are instructions on their site too (http://www.multimc.org) If you are still having troubles my advice would be to wait a day or two for the pack to go live on the launcher -Snow ;)

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019

I have been playing many mod packs, and none of them have used Compact Machines. I think you mean to say that he has not been playing the mod packs YOU like to play. I found your post condescending to those of us who have not played the modpacks that you like to play, and ask that in the future, you do not look down on someone for having not done so.

That aside, I am looking forward to trying this pack. I am in the middle of Regrowth right now, but might try to talk my mother into playing this with me when we hang out on Sundays. Love the OP btw. as someone else said, it is very well put together, easy to read, and just clean! As I have recently been browsing the mod packs in this forum page, I was ecstatic to see such a well built OP. Again, looking forward to trying this pack, it sounds amazing!

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be offensive, but as of right now, Obscurity And Sieged are the only modpacks that have a chance winning Jampacked 2. This will be a tough decision. It will probably be a tie. Both packs are equally awesome. The other ones need some work. Best of luck winning!