[1.7.10][Twitch/Curse/FTB] InfiTech 2u: Fear the Night .8 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
What you want to do is remember the formula 3n+1. If you press F3 and read the chunk numbers you can figure it out. If algebra is not your strongest area, then take the chunk number, subtract 1, and if the result is divisible by 3, it's the center chunk

For example:

Say that the X chunk you're in is (10) and the Z chunk is (4) - that would be a center chunk of an ore so you can dig down there. (10 - 1 = 9 and 9 / 3 = 0) (4 - 1 = 3 and 3 / 3 = 0)
X = 16 and Z = 5 would mean X is the center chunk, but Z is not, so move over 1 chunk until it's X = 16, and Z = 4
X = 9 and Z = 7 would mean X is not the center chunk, but Z is

You won't find one 100% of the time due to how the generation works, but you should find one the majority of the time. Once you've found 1 center, then you can just count 3 blocks N/S/E or W without having to calculate it again. It's still annoying and tedious though, so good luck!
Is that exclusive to this pack, or can you do it in all gregtech packs?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech ++ will not be in the .8 update, the plan is to work on integrating it a bit more before releasing it

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Just some plans for the future. I am going to be working on adding gregtech ++ next as well as looking at pre4 of gregtech 5u for the .81 update. After completing that I will be re-writing crops to better balance them and put them in line with the difficulty of bees. I plan on re-working oil plants/bees a bit as well. The re-write of crops is a ways off at this point though.

Reactions: Sixpaq

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new server in Aura Fury running an early version of .81. Gonna use this server to test things and work on balance with other players. After we've got the balance worked out and i know the prebuilds were using are safe, I will push the update out.

V

Vanderez

Hey Econ. Thanks a lot for maintaining this modpack.

That said, does it have a github? My Google powers haven't been enough to find one, so if you'd like to have bugs reported, please let me know how to proceed :)

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Econ. Thanks a lot for maintaining this modpack.

That said, does it have a github? My Google powers haven't been enough to find one, so if you'd like to have bugs reported, please let me know how to proceed :)
Do you use discord? If so I can send you an invite via PM

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Coming to a pack near u
2VSbRlD.png

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
.81 has been sent to FTB/Twitch, should be out in the next couple days. Heres the link to the changelog, theres quite a bit this time :)

Changelog