[1.7.10] Traveller's Gear

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Here we go, new version!

5c6762d92f.png

Update 1.12.0!

• added: On-player item display. Remember Backtools? It's that, but highly configureable. Use the command "/travellersgear toolDisplay" to open the gui.
  • added: The currently equipped item can use IActiveAbility too. For that a new boolean was added to the method. Mods that use the API have to update
and various bugfixes.

A small tutorial on the in-world display of items:
You use the command "/travellersgear toolDisplay" to open this gui:
4394131043.jpg

In here you use add and remove to...well, add and remove items. You select the slot of the inventory you want it bound to.
Then you apply translation (moving things inside 3d space), rotation and scale modifiers.
You also have the option of hiding the item when the slot is selected on your hotbar, to make swords look like they are draw from their sheath.
And you can make the item rotate with the players head, if you always wanted a axe in your head or something...

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
I have a crash I would like to report, this happened server side as I was trying to shift click a cape into your armor stand.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...venture-normal-mode.49849/page-87#post-858942

Posted it that way since it was spoilered in my thread.

A critical error caused by my attempt to call clientside methods on the serverside.
This has been fixed with Version 1.12.3, available here when it's approved:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224440-travellers-gear/files

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, been thinking about it and not sure if this is possible or something you would even consider.

Your armor stand is by far the best out there currently, but wondered if it was possible, could you add "slots" for a bow, sword, and if installed, thaumcraft wands/staves?

I was thinking the bow and sword could be on each side, sword standing up and bow "hanging" on the other side and the wand/staff on a "shelf" on the very front of the stand.

Reactions: PierceSG and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
So, been thinking about it and not sure if this is possible or something you would even consider.

Your armor stand is by far the best out there currently, but wondered if it was possible, could you add "slots" for a bow, sword, and if installed, thaumcraft wands/staves?

I was thinking the bow and sword could be on each side, sword standing up and bow "hanging" on the other side and the wand/staff on a "shelf" on the very front of the stand.
I would totally dig a wand/sceptre/staff holder.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Aww yiss now this is a GUI mod I like.
No more tabs in my now Tabbed inventory.
Will this override those btw? xD?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering, is it also possible to add more slots to your character?
because I find it pretty weird... I have 10 fingers, why can I only wear 2 rings?
it's probably a balancing point, but it'd be nice if you could add more slots if you want to (perhaps have a method or item to increase your slots)

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering, is it also possible to add more slots to your character?
because I find it pretty weird... I have 10 fingers, why can I only wear 2 rings?
it's probably a balancing point, but it'd be nice if you could add more slots if you want to (perhaps have a method or item to increase your slots)
Dont ask the unspoken question of 2rings!

but seriously I agree 10 fingers 10 rings only makes sense unless its a MMORPG...
I dont think I have found a MMORPG that allows you to have 10rings... 4 at max but 10 is impossible!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Dont ask the unspoken question of 2rings!

but seriously I agree 10 fingers 10 rings only makes sense unless its a MMORPG...
I dont think I have found a MMORPG that allows you to have 10rings... 4 at max but 10 is impossible!

same thing goes for necklaces... sure, it looks douchy, but you could easily wear like 4 necklaces if you want
or just go crazy and google for images of people with their faces full of piercings, plenty of space for all kinds of jewelry if you ask me :p

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
same thing goes for necklaces... sure, it looks douchy, but you could easily wear like 4 necklaces if you want
or just go crazy and google for images of people with their faces full of piercings, plenty of space for all kinds of jewelry if you ask me :p
Well actually I wore 2 necklaces... they got tangled 1 broke so no 1 necklace max xD

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
While that is all possible, yes, it's a matter of balancing. I'm sure Azanor had his reasons for making 2 ring slots, and I'll stick to that.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
While that is all possible, yes, it's a matter of balancing. I'm sure Azanor had his reasons for making 2 ring slots, and I'll stick to that.

But,but,but thumb rings they look cooler then normal rings but even cooler when both are equiped!

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Real explanation, just cause there may be some ppl that are genuinely interested, as opposed to just wanting more rings:

A limit on the number of accessories most likely originates with D&D/RPGs. Been that way for a long time. Besides being a balancing mechanic, the 'explanation' for it in game terms was that magical devices in too close a proximity would cause interference with each other. So one ring on each hand/set of greaves/gloves, one amulet, one belt, one helmet/circlet, etc.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Real explanation, just cause there may be some ppl that are genuinely interested, as opposed to just wanting more rings:

A limit on the number of accessories most likely originates with D&D/RPGs. Been that way for a long time. Besides being a balancing mechanic, the 'explanation' for it in game terms was that magical devices in too close a proximity would cause interference with each other. So one ring on each hand/set of greaves/gloves, one amulet, one belt, one helmet/circlet, etc.
Sure, let's go with that as the lore-wise explanation.
And no the Mandarin from Marvel Comic's does not count as a valid exception.