[1.7.10] Traveller's Gear

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there!
Welcome to Traveller's Gear!

This is a mod created to add a light RPG-ish feel to the game. It's designed to interact with mods that give a similar feel, namely Baubles, Tinker's Construct and Mariculture, incorporating their extended inventories aswell as its own into one single GUI. This mod adds 4 new slots, for cloak, pauldron, vambraces and a title scroll which displays certain honorary titles above the player's head.

The API is designed to allow other modders to acces the extended inventory and add their own custom items. This can also be done in a more "hacky" way via IMC messages. Take a good look at the main TravellersGear class to see how it's done.

Download:

Get it from Curse!
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224440-travellers-gear
Or use the direct link!
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/224440-travellers-gear/files/2214854/download

The Inventory:

This is the Inventory GUI:
5jwC004.png

It is opened by either clicking on the little book icon in the top left of your character window in the inventory, or by using the keybinding. The keybinding is Numpad 7 by default (since you're really supposed to use the button), but can be rebound.
It's slots change depending on what mods are installed, but at optimum, this is what you'll see:
Armor, Baubles, Mariculture Jewelry, Tinkers Construct Glove and Knapsack and the Traveller's Gear items.
The page on the right has a few statistics, health, armor, speed, damage and with Thaumcraft installed, Vis discounts.

s3Gq2iz.png

The fully filled inventory looks like this. The Items that should be unfamiliar here should be the cloak (top middle) the pauldrons, (right, second from the top), vambraces (right, fourth from the top) and the title scroll (bottom left).
The items added by this mod have no actual abilities applied to them, but the cloak is colourable like leather armor would be.
The title scroll is an item that, while it can be crafted, is best found in dungeon or stronghold chests. Those found in these chests have a random title added to them, and when worn, will display that title above the players head, just below their name. You can also see your title below your username in the gear inventory.

The Armorstand:

j9SM4Kz.png

It does what it says, it displays armor.
But not only armor, but almost every item in your gear inventory!
OAgy6sX.png

With this interface you can easily switch between your own equipment and that on the stand, simply by shift clicking the items.
The "Style" button allows you to switch between 4 styles: Rendering Baubles, Traveller's Gear, both, or none at all.
You can also disable helmet, chestplate, leggings, boots and the floorplate seperately.
ujNGFoP.png

The stand will render deposited Baubles and other gear in the tray, and will size them according to what you have deposited
Example:
7PJdxAB.png

Just Baubles
qZVhmBP.png

Baubles, Glove and Vambraces

Another Feature:

And to round up the RPG feel, you can now link Items in chat, broadcasting them to all players on the server. To do this, simply hold down CTRL and rightclick the item while in the gear inventory.
A note to my fellow modders:
This mod is specifically designed to be expanded upon. Therefore it has an API aswell as IMC support.
You can register custom Traveller's Gear Items with these, allowing you to make your own Cloaks and Pauldrons, or even Title Items.
Either use the API and implement ITravellersGear on your item, or send an IMC message like this:
FMLInterModComms.sendMessage("TravellersGear", "registerTravellersGear_0", new ItemStack(YOUR_ITEM));
registerTravellersGear_0 is the command, where 0 represents the slto the Item will fit in. 0 for cloaks, 1 for pauldrons, 2 for vambraces, 3 for title scrolls.
When you register like this, my IMC handler will check your item class for three methods:
onTravelGearTick(EntityPlayer, ItemStack);
onTravelGearEquip(EntityPlayer, ItemStack);
onTravelGearUnequip(EntityPlayer, ItemStack);

Should any of these be found, they will be called at the apropriate instances.
When using the interface from the API, you are forced to implement these.

F.A.Q.:

Q: "Isn't 'Traveller's Gear' the Tinker's Construct Armor?"
A: "Well yes. However, my mod used to be part of a more expansive RPG mod I was working on a few months ago, dubbed 'Traveller's RPG', because it was supposed to have you live more of a nomad's life in Minecraft. I never published, but mDiyo did, and he apparently decided to go for a similar name. Great minds think alike! :D "

Q: "ZOMFG! TOTAL BAUBLES RIPOFF!"
A: "Apart from that not being a question: No. This is a mod designed to work along well with baubles, not to replace it and not to leech of its success. It just adds 3 more items that fit well in an RPG environment and provides extensive support for Azanor's fantastic mod. If you don't like that I'm trying to work along with it, don't play it."

Q: "Can you make it 1.6?"
A: "Nope. 1.6 is pretty much dead to me, all my efforts are focused on 1.7.10."

Q: "Can you add [some item]?"
A: "Nope. But you can! Learn to mod and feel free to use my API to add your own RPG items!" (Seriously. It's not that hard. Take a look at Pahimar's tutorials ;D )

Q: "You're items don't do anything."
A: "I know. They are supposed to be like that. They are simply placeholders, designed to demonstrate what item fits into what slot. However, they are registered in the OreDictionary so that another mod I'm still heavily working on can use them in recipes in the future."

Q: "Can I use this in a modpack?"
A: "Absolutely! The more people get to enjoy my mods, the happier I am!^^ But please do tell me when you do, because I like keeping up with how the mod is spreading :D
Also, please do the favour to credit me as BluSunrize, as that is the alias I go by on the Internet these days."

License and all that fun stuff:

The mod is open source and can be found on Github: https://github.com/BluSunrize/TravellersGear/
Feel free to look at my code, and even take parts of it, but please follow Wheaton's Law and "Don't be a douche". If you use my code, be so kind and tell people where you got it
Minecraft belongs to Mojang (or Microsoft, I guess), I claim no rights to it, blah, blah
Baubles is intelectual property of Azanor
Mariculture is intelectual property of joshie
Tinkers Construct and the base of my networking code were made by the development team "SlimeKnights"

A big thanks goes to all those mentioned before, aswell as "The Skype Guys" for critics and ideas

Enjoy!

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
At first, I was thinking 'oh boy another guy adding a whole bunch of stuff', but actually, you're combining all the different equipment guis into one, which is pretty damn useful. I especially like the armour stand you've got there, it's pretty neat.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
This is quite nice. But isn't it missing a slot for Tinker's heart canisters? Or are they no longer a thing in 1.7.10?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I am so looking forward to using these title scrolls as HQM quest rewards when I get around to properly building my pack

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This is quite nice. But isn't it missing a slot for Tinker's heart canisters? Or are they no longer a thing in 1.7.10?
I second this, would be nice if somehow you could just integrate all of the tinker stuff, including the canisters into your GUI (and maybe stop their control of the heart rendering in the main screen)

I have added this to my modpack btw, awesome work!

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Update to Version 1.4!

This is a big update with a lot of changes, among them:
- Fixed issue that caused Servers to crash on startup
- Added customization to the Gear Gui. Use the command "/travellersgear gui" to open it
- Added presets to that customization
- Added different backgrounds to that customization- More Backgrounds can be added via resource packs. Their name should be inventory_custom[N].png, where [N] is a number from 0 to 31. Add them under assets/travellersgear/gui
- Chinese Language Support
- Various overall fixes and other stuff

A note to users getting a crash upon opening the inventory:
If you are using Mariculture version 1.2.4 or newer, that's your problem. That version of Mari is under heavy development and it's not yet supported as requested by its developer.

Enjoy!

P.S.: I'm really happy all you people enjoy the mod so far! =)
PP.S.: TCon HeartCanisters are not supported because they just didn't fit on the GUI anymore. Or at least not in a way that looked aesthetically pleasing to me. With the inclusion of the new Gui customization, this might be doable though. I'll add HeartCanister slots to my ToDo for Version 1.5 :D

Last edited:

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Update to V1.5

- Fixed: Crash upon opening the Inventory on servers
- Added: Heart Container Slots from Tinkers Construct. These are disabled in all presets, so customize your Gui to show them
- Added: .cfg file to allow the moving of the equipment button, to make compatible with Vaskii's ReCubed
- Added: Easier options of configuring the gui. RightClick + drag the mouse to select multiple buttons and move them in sync
- Various bugfixes

Also: A big "Thank You" to #kihira on IRC. You guys are the best! :p

Enjoy!

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
AWESOME
You hate 1.6?
Well you sir should get your priorities straight
Never said I hated it. But it's done. Vanilla 1.8 is out, all major mods have moved to 1.7.10. 1.7 gives me more stuff to work with (like Baubles, which this mod is heavily interacting with) and so, I shifted the focus of all my developing to 1.7.10. The mods that are still available in 1.6 are so in their legacy builds. Most devs have stopped support on those.

Reactions: GreatOrator

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Is support for Mine&Blade Battlegear 2 possible? Namely slots for weapons/shield?
Mine&Blade does some very messy and dirty handling for their inventory, which is overwriting the players default inventory. That is not only bad style, it also makes supporting it very iffy. That's why Battlegear is not supported.

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't update in here often...

Update 1.10.1 is upon you! :D

Fixes and additions include (but are not limited to):

• Slots for TCon's heart-canisters don't hide after reloading the instance any more
  • The armour stand does not render two pumpkin heads when there is custom armour on it
  • The armour stand will render shoulders on the mannequin, but vambraces on the table
  • The API now has a RenderTravellersGearEvent, so I can stop that rendering from within other mods (hint hint, nudge nudge)
And some other fixes. If you really need to know everything, check Github =P

BluSunrize

Jul 29, 2019
Even though this thread doesn't get a lot of responses, I know that some packs and developers use TG. So have another update!

Update 1.11.1

• added: IActiveAbility, a new interface for developers to implement, allows any equipment Items (Traveller's Gear, Baubles, vanilla armor, etc.) to have an active ability that can be toggled from a fancy radial GUI.
  • fixed: The gui no longer pulses blue when there is a Mana Mirror from Botania in the inventory. Clear up your colours, Vazkii! x3
  • possibly fixed: A Bug that kept popping up on OpenEye. I hope it's gone now.
as well as various other bugfixes.

Enjoy!