[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if there is a way to do this.. but if it's possible to detect multiple players in a team in HQM then it might be a good idea to use that and reduce the awarding % for higher ranking loot bags with multiple members. Two of us are getting some crazy awesome reward bags.

When you are setting up the team with HQM you choose if each member receives the loot or if it is shared. As for getting crazy lootz...crazy lootz are good ;)

Also there is a lot of items not properly stacking in 2.4.3 (3 dirt and another 4 dirt won't stack even though item ids are the same). I've seen this in the Direwolf 20 1.7.10 pack so FTB team can probably help out if you don't know the solution.

This is a known bug. I 'think' it's a forge issue that no one can figure out but I'm not sure. I know that some of the diamonds I have do not stack with other diamonds, but I can use them all to make a block.

As for the issue you had with the coins, I would just delete the save and start over. You are at the beginning anyway. But that's just me. You might also be able to use an NBT editor to poke around and find the issue, but that seems like a lot of effort for no real gain.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Just found something awesome! The Questgiver Mark is an Amulet item from Botania. Purely cosmetic, but still neat! GO, you should totally use these on the NPCs. Assuming that they have an Amulet Baubles slot.

Attachments

• 2015-03-08_21.27.00.png
    2015-03-08_21.27.00.png
    498.9 KB · Views: 56

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
When you are setting up the team with HQM you choose if each member receives the loot or if it is shared. As for getting crazy lootz...crazy lootz are good ;)

Good point...

This is a known bug. I 'think' it's a forge issue that no one can figure out but I'm not sure. I know that some of the diamonds I have do not stack with other diamonds, but I can use them all to make a block.

Apparently it's related to various mods that are doing silly things like adding blank nbt data to items. Apparently Thaumatic Tinkerer had it and so do a few versions of Botania + who knows who else

As for the issue you had with the coins, I would just delete the save and start over. You are at the beginning anyway. But that's just me. You might also be able to use an NBT editor to poke around and find the issue, but that seems like a lot of effort for no real gain.

We just restarted with 2.4.3. The emerald coins help avoid the issue perfectly.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently it's related to various mods that are doing silly things like adding blank nbt data to items. Apparently Thaumatic Tinkerer had it and so do a few versions of Botania + who knows who else
We just restarted with 2.4.3. The emerald coins help avoid the issue perfectly.
The mod causing the issue currently has been fixed and will be in the next update actually. Though I appreciate how patient everyone has been.

And glad the emerald coins work, I had made that change based on feedback from this very thread!

Side Note: I had planned on an update this weekend, but after tinkering with the quests, both existing and some new, there will be a delay as I rework quests as I mentioned a post or three back. The side benefit is a lot of the confusion everyone has been reporting will be alleviated and some new interactive features will be available (hint: will make mail a thing even in single player)

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that Carnor? (bandit chief) should require very high end equipment (maybe powerful magic?) to defeat? He heals nearly instantly so with two of us we weren't able to defeat him without spending a lot of time on weapon upgrading.

Reactions: GreatOrator

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
The mod causing the issue currently has been fixed and will be in the next update actually. Though I appreciate how patient everyone has been.

Awesome to hear :)

Now someone just has to figure out the Mystcraft link book lag issue (see in DW and Tolkein but not FTB Infinity pack so I'm thinking mod compatibility issue) and all will be good with the world.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that Carnor? (bandit chief) should require very high end equipment (maybe powerful magic?) to defeat? He heals nearly instantly so with two of us we weren't able to defeat him without spending a lot of time on weapon upgrading.
Well, I have played through that part several times and never had more than diamond armor and a slightly leveled up (maybe second level) of an iron sword and was able to defeat all of them, so I think you may have to change your strategy.
Awesome to hear :)

Now someone just has to figure out the Mystcraft link book lag issue (see in DW and Tolkein but not FTB Infinity pack so I'm thinking mod compatibility issue) and all will be good with the world.
Not sure what you mean? if you refer to the generation lag, it is because of the number of mods I have that affect terrain gen and mystcraft does not like it.

Waiting on a supposed fix coming out for mystcraft.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have played through that part several times and never had more than diamond armor and a slightly leveled up (maybe second level) of an iron sword and was able to defeat all of them, so I think you may have to change your strategy.

Not sure what you mean? if you refer to the generation lag, it is because of the number of mods I have that affect terrain gen and mystcraft does not like it.

Waiting on a supposed fix coming out for mystcraft.

Not sure what you mean about strategy. We built a wall with an opening and both of us hit him constantly with TC iron swords. He takes a small bit of damage on his bar and bounces back. By the time he's moved forward he is fully healed. I can think of a few various tricks to kill him but I was expecting more of a normal.. fight and kill concept.

As for the Mystcraft bug what happens is that after you use a link book your FPS goes down to 5-15 FPS and it won't recover until you fully quit the game and reload it. I've seen this reported a few other times and it happens on both of our computers here. But like I mentioned this doesn't happen in Infinity and we have quite a few hours (with a pretty big link book portal system) of play there.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you mean about strategy. We built a wall with an opening and both of us hit him constantly with TC iron swords. He takes a small bit of damage on his bar and bounces back. By the time he's moved forward he is fully healed. I can think of a few various tricks to kill him but I was expecting more of a normal.. fight and kill concept.

As for the Mystcraft bug what happens is that after you use a link book your FPS goes down to 5-15 FPS and it won't recover until you fully quit the game and reload it. I've seen this reported a few other times and it happens on both of our computers here. But like I mentioned this doesn't happen in Infinity and we have quite a few hours (with a pretty big link book portal system) of play there.
I make a pit behind the protection wall so that he can't bounce away. You just have to lure him into it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have taken to using the DE dislocators rather extensively and not seen that issue with them. So while it may be mod related, seems to point to mystcraft potentially.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

I'm laughing a bit at all the 'build a wall' , 'build a pit' etc. I never really thought that way, because on our server we protect the spawn area, and i play in survival to test things. So no building/destroying terrain. I think the problem is, you are looking at the problem from the "mob trap" strategy. Doesn't work as well on something that regens. Maybe look at ways to increase your damage? If a +7 weapon isn't cutting it, what about a +10 weapon? (available in spawn, if you don't get something decent in a quest bag.) And nothing says you have to immediately do him before leaving town. You get diamnds in the quest, maybe make an enchantment table and use the levels from questing to further enchant that +10 weapon. Maybe run and look at what merchants sell? Like potions to make you a lot tougher, do more damage?

Lots of things to give you an advantage in smacking him down.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up everyone. GreatOrator asked me to let you all know he may be away for a little while because he is currently experiencing some technical difficulties with his computer. Not sure exactly when he will be back.
My only communication is when I have down-time at work for now. Unfortunately this will delay updates on the pack until I can get the power supply replaced (was old and on last legs, but was hoping to nurse it along a bit longer). I MIGHT be able to get a replacement today, we'll see. If not, not sure exactly when it will happen at this point.

/me wishes for a computer fairy