[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

dazric

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, and then I marched over to the king, only to find no one was there. I thought going back there would let me progress, but he just tells me to bugger off.

Reactions: GreatOrator

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
he only says to bug off if you dont have the initial first quest from the fountain. when you have listened to the whole thing it will pop up on your screen in the top right. and everyone sleeps at night too. Custom NPC quests are separate from the book but go along side it.

dazric

Jul 29, 2019
It did, and it triggered again when I went back to the fountain. He just said I can go to Middle Earth... does that mean Legalos will talk to me now? Also, the bank dropped everything I put in there, and is no longer upgraded. Are the CustomNPC quests gonna keep reseting everytime I reload the game?

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea, like i said I am stuck. The quest log and the hqm book is not leading me anywhere and no one will talk to me with any significant storyline quest. I know the quests have triggers but there is no linear guidance at this point. Up to the point I am at, the clues have been given, but now I am stuck with the commander telling me the mage council wants to talk to me but they really don't lol

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
ok GO, here are the clues I have been told. The priest may have a story to tell me if he likes me enough and the commander says mage council wants to see me. Neither will work to progress the quests. I looked into the quests and according to the availability I cannot get the summons without completing Completion which I cannot do unless I guess I talk to the priest which wont open up unless I have completed all the For Coven's Sake quests but no one will talk to me except for fetch quests. Nothing is pointing me in the correct direction at this point. I have read everything and would prefer to do this without a video leading me.

Edit: so it finally opened up to me however, it is not very clear how to do that because i talked to the guy who opens up the coven stuff before and it didnt work. ugh lots of running around aimless.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I have done some tweaking with the 2.4x updates which SHOULD provide more direction to where to go next after each major piece of the main quest line. As for changes, yes, if you are doing the 2.4.x version of the pack, this is beta and intended to be a fresh restart each update until and including the recommended release once ready. This is why it is not currently set to recommended.

I am trying to finish off the major quests as we speak so more testing can be done, but want to reiterate, the 2.4.x chain should be completely reset each time you download the update to make sure nothing wonky happens between versions. (i.e. do not "update with previous info")

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
yep i did a fresh start when i started the beta 2.4.2 :) I just know i talked to the guy and he told me about the priest but never gave the option about the guards. so i must of triggered something at some point : sorry for the rant. I really do understand how difficult it can be to make the quests apparent to others :) Its nice to see someone else do it and also to play someone else's quests for a change. Thanks for all the work you have put into this!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Be happy your not experiencing my problems lol. I'm running a server for now 5 others, and quest npcs constantly disappear, command blocks are showing up all over the world, and the main camp with legalos when you enter middle earth won't show no matter how hard I try to get it to work.

Kaan K

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion I could make for quests would be to add every quest to the HQM book as it will probably help players to know what quest can be done and should be done to unlock a further quest. It could be divided in either three parts : Main quest line, Side quest line and Fetch quest or it could be divided in the number of cities there are that contains quest and these pages alone could then be divided in three segment, Main quest line, Side quest line and Fetch quest.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
On a positive note I got my plugin's to work (still can't figure out why the mod pack makes the config file's 1KB or creates empty plugin folders) but I got them to work so there's that.

I also figured out how to add custom music and skins to customnpc, so that's a plus.

I fixed the lag, and my friends are happy so I guess I should be happy.

dazric

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I won't be pestering you guys much longer: Is there a walkthrough? If not I'm here to stay. I can't find "The Ancient" anywhere. Nothing I have directed me to one.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen a walk through yet. This pack is relatively new, and judging on the amount of people with questions their still hard at work getting everything fixed. It makes sense to fix problems first, then make a walk through.

That and they want you to join the main server. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

;)

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I won't be pestering you guys much longer: Is there a walkthrough? If not I'm here to stay. I can't find "The Ancient" anywhere. Nothing I have directed me to one.
the commander tells you there is something the workers discovered at the south end of the wall