[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this would help or not (someone is bound to comment and correct me if I'm wrong) but running the pack through MultiMC might help. You just need to create a 1.7.10 instance and load it once then in settings tick the FTB option in order to sync the launchers. Also increase the permgen size to 256, iirc. Check how much memory it is allocating, too.

I play the pack via LAN with my wife. I host the games and have noticed the same problems with needing to completely restart every so often. The amount of allocated memory being used seems to slowly go up as more new terrain is generated and never comes back down to what was being used prior to the new areas being explored. Incredibly high lag accompanies this as well. With lines like "Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 129040ms behind, skipping 2580 tick(s)" showing up over and over in the console. Normally, we have to stop what we're doing and just let things catch up. This can take up to several minutes. Eventually, once the allocated memory being used reaches a high enough amount my wife begins getting booted from the game and I have to restart in order to continue. On the sessions where we are staying near home doing things other than exploring there are no problems and the allocated memory being used up stays low.

I tried your suggestion MissLid. Thank you for posting it. What I noticed was that the amount of allocated memory being used after first loading up my save is initially higher while using multimc but that after testing things out by generating lots of new terrain the amount of memory didn't budge. I'll have to put it to the test again tomorrow when my wife and I can play together to see if she still gets booted. I did however still get the "can't keep up" messages in the multimc console just as I did when using the ftb launcher as well as the long periods of lag that seem to come with those messages.

Hopefully the cause of this can be nailed down and fixed as it seems to be something causing the pack to be difficult to play for some. This has been one of my favorite packs since discovering it and if there's any further info I can provide to help pinpoint what is causing the issue please let me know. Though keep in mind I may need some good directions if it requires rummaging through files as I'm not too familiar with how these things work from the inside.

Reactions: GreatOrator

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
just started the new server version downloadable on the google drive and I am unable to open the the BigBackpack or the questbook.
I did edit the hqm config. it is not that. I can open the enderpouch i found (stole) but other things that should open GUIs or inventorys wont work :(

Working on Singleplayer

nvm the issue was that I copyed my playerfile from singleplayer, guess some things wont match.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this would help or not (someone is bound to comment and correct me if I'm wrong) but running the pack through MultiMC might help. You just need to create a 1.7.10 instance and load it once then in settings tick the FTB option in order to sync the launchers. Also increase the permgen size to 256, iirc. Check how much memory it is allocating, too.

I also use MultiMC and it feels like it helps but I have no real Empirical data to confirm...

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I play the pack via LAN with my wife. . .
I hope it works out for you. This is a great pack. You've tried the suggested Java argument as well, I assume? I had problems similar to yours (just me playing, though) and it was fixed with a combination of the Java argument, fastcraft and switching to MultiMC. Best of luck with it.

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
I hope it works out for you. This is a great pack. You've tried the suggested Java argument as well, I assume? I had problems similar to yours (just me playing, though) and it was fixed with a combination of the Java argument, fastcraft and switching to MultiMC. Best of luck with it.

Yes. Both the java argument and fastcraft are being used. We've been playing the pack for some time now and will likely start over once the beta becomes recommended. Looking forward to seeing the new towns.

LuckyToShoot

Jul 29, 2019
By any chances is there any compatible administration tools I can install to my tolkiencraft 2 server? I have tried forge essentials, but it seems to crash the server when I start with it. I am using recommended version of TolkienCraft II.

EDIT: Btw this modpack is AWESOME! I am having a blast with it with a couple of my friends on my dedi server.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
First, thank you everyone who is helping!

As far as server tools, I will defer to those who have more experience as I was just suggestiong tools for a forge server but have no real experience.

As for Single player, I know that optifine can some times help as well, though I think it is mis-matched for forge versions so has some issues right now.

Reactions: sqitchy

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little update on the duplicate bandits issue, I was able to trap the twins and kill them one at a time. When one of the twins died, the other died also, despite being on the opposite side of the cave. Not sure if that helps or not but there you go.

BruteMan

Jul 29, 2019
I play the pack via LAN with my wife. I host the games and have noticed the same problems with needing to completely restart every so often. The amount of allocated memory being used seems to slowly go up as more new terrain is generated and never comes back down to what was being used prior to the new areas being explored. Incredibly high lag accompanies this as well. With lines like "Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 129040ms behind, skipping 2580 tick(s)" showing up over and over in the console. Normally, we have to stop what we're doing and just let things catch up. This can take up to several minutes. Eventually, once the allocated memory being used reaches a high enough amount my wife begins getting booted from the game and I have to restart in order to continue. On the sessions where we are staying near home doing things other than exploring there are no problems and the allocated memory being used up stays low.

I tried your suggestion MissLid. Thank you for posting it. What I noticed was that the amount of allocated memory being used after first loading up my save is initially higher while using multimc but that after testing things out by generating lots of new terrain the amount of memory didn't budge. I'll have to put it to the test again tomorrow when my wife and I can play together to see if she still gets booted. I did however still get the "can't keep up" messages in the multimc console just as I did when using the ftb launcher as well as the long periods of lag that seem to come with those messages.

Hopefully the cause of this can be nailed down and fixed as it seems to be something causing the pack to be difficult to play for some. This has been one of my favorite packs since discovering it and if there's any further info I can provide to help pinpoint what is causing the issue please let me know. Though keep in mind I may need some good directions if it requires rummaging through files as I'm not too familiar with how these things work from the inside.

remove fastcraft from your dedicated server fastcraft and one of these mods in here do not like each other when a player crashes or disconnects weirdly in a way that fastcraft does not like on our dedicated server, The server goes into some kind of loop trying to disconnect the client ( client is already gone) but is stuck as far as the server is concerned in game. Every cycle it tries to disconnect this client it adds up to 50mb of ram usage till it either hits max or crashes. most of my users report removing fastcraft on the client as well increses their FPS and frees up their ram which is weird i suspect its because of some ram leeks clientside as well. this is all confirmed as of 2.3.17 I am unsure of the 2.4.2 as i have only tried that solo at home so far no server... but unless something drastic changed i expect the bug to still be in there.

Update: so for the server we updated to 2.4.2 and its oppsite of the problems in 2.3.17 fastcraft is needed to stabilized the "chugginess" of the server as well as I think theres other map issues at play here it appears theres 2 or 3 maps kind of cut and pasted together which is throwing chunk errors allover the place.

I am wondering if the map is meant to have Biomes o Plenty enabled? as the server properties distributed with 2.4.2 server is set for default.

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed somthing with the pack is causing plugin's to not download properly.

For example, when running the server with Essentials or GroupManager the config file's are only 1KB.

This can easily be fixed by making a simple cauldron server, then switch the plugin files from that to the TC2 server.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
remove fastcraft from your dedicated server fastcraft and one of these mods in here do not like each other when a player crashes or disconnects weirdly in a way that fastcraft does not like on our dedicated server, The server goes into some kind of loop trying to disconnect the client ( client is already gone) but is stuck as far as the server is concerned in game. Every cycle it tries to disconnect this client it adds up to 50mb of ram usage till it either hits max or crashes. most of my users report removing fastcraft on the client as well increses their FPS and frees up their ram which is weird i suspect its because of some ram leeks clientside as well. this is all confirmed as of 2.3.17 I am unsure of the 2.4.2 as i have only tried that solo at home so far no server... but unless something drastic changed i expect the bug to still be in there.

Update: so for the server we updated to 2.4.2 and its oppsite of the problems in 2.3.17 fastcraft is needed to stabilized the "chugginess" of the server as well as I think theres other map issues at play here it appears theres 2 or 3 maps kind of cut and pasted together which is throwing chunk errors allover the place.

I am wondering if the map is meant to have Biomes o Plenty enabled? as the server properties distributed with 2.4.2 server is set for default.
Yes, but since the level.dat already has that selected the properties only affects new worlds, not existing.

just a fair fun warning for those on the whitelist server... spraun's house is still uber crashy... dont go near
Hopefully I can get a crash report to find out what the cause is.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Something minor found: when given the list of travel locations from Ahab, WyvernHaven has an _ after it.

Attachments

• 2015-02-26_20.14.07.png
    2015-02-26_20.14.07.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 54

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Client is crashing repeatedly with this report. We are trying the 2.4.2 server. Giving the error to RPG HUd as well.

http://pastebin.com/jfU0xVph

Edit: We have three people testing it out. I am fine but another client crashes everytime the above client attempts to log on.

Took the RPGHud mod out and got this crash.

http://pastebin.com/j2D1zXJU

Edit: i gave the server config to my client and he was able to log in. so somewhere the config was corrupted. problem solved

Last edited:

dazric

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you posted here for help can you provide the logs and or crash report so we can help you get it going
It didn't give me any crash reports. I finally got it to start up... but the game lags so much it's not even funny. Does this modpack have a minimum system requirements listed anywhere?

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't give me any crash reports. I finally got it to start up... but the game lags so much it's not even funny. Does this modpack have a minimum system requirements listed anywhere?

In the downloaded folder it should have a readme file with FPS Solutions

Kaan K

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with two quests.

First one being ''See the king (Troll Death)''. It says ''Speak with the King again to give him the letter Chald sent you here with.'' I don't recall Chald ever giving me a letter not even after I killed the troll.
Second quest is ''Council summons'' I think I might know the problem I have, it could be the fact I didn't complete Botania quest line and the Witchery quest line. Also I'd like to point out that everytime I speak to Chald about this quest, he keeps handing me the Council summons over and over again.