[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

knoxz

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue :( Downloading the server works, but trying to unzip fails:
sh-4.3$ unzip TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
Archive: TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of TolkienCraftIIServer.zip or
TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.zip, and cannot find TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.ZIP, period.

I've tried unzipping on my Mac and my server and downloading from Atlanta, Atlanta-2 and CurseCDN. Could you please check if the file got corrupted or something?

Can't wait to play this with my friends!

Thanks again,
Psiko

same issue here!

Reactions: GreatOrator

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 2.4.2 SP since i am having the same issues as above for server. A few things i noticed:

1.Brandon has the name Brandon3055, is it intentional?

2. Bandit quest in HQMbook says the guard commander wants you to find the bandits when really the king has the quest. This is a spot I got confused on how to progress.

3. Is it intentional for the temple to open up right after Thin Thier Numbers? The flow of the quests suggests not. What I mean is, the king tells you to find the ancient. When i find him he competes the quest. But if I click on him again, this completes and makes no sense.
2015-02-24_11.39.14.png
What would make more sense is if it completes with the temple monk and maybe set up a location quest in HQM that doesn't open up until you arrive at the ancient or temple the first time.

Edit: commander also tells you to check out the south end of the wall after I turn in the troll quest, but i have already been there. However, the ancient only gives me the key after the troll quest.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue :( Downloading the server works, but trying to unzip fails:
sh-4.3$ unzip TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
Archive: TolkienCraftIIServer.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of TolkienCraftIIServer.zip or
TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.zip, and cannot find TolkienCraftIIServer.zip.ZIP, period.

I've tried unzipping on my Mac and my server and downloading from Atlanta, Atlanta-2 and CurseCDN. Could you please check if the file got corrupted or something?

Can't wait to play this with my friends!

Thanks again,
Psiko
Will look into this, but for those that want to try their hand at a server FOR TESTING PURPOSES only: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzZ9KTyFfyeOS3NhODNiLUU4bDA/view?usp=sharing
OK, so one more thing before I go to bed. There are 4 or so MCA villagers in the residential area copied over and over again to a total of about 30. Not really an issue, but there you go. What is an issue is the doubled bandits I was not expecting. 2 Ariel and Lugdar. I thought maybe just cope/replace the region files and the customnpc files but that didn't do anything. No idea where the entity data is kept to cut out the extras. Will do a no install and reload tomorrow.
Seems like the gene pool is a bit thin with MCA villagers all of the sudden...lol

I'll take a look later today.

Playing 2.4.2 SP since i am having the same issues as above for server. A few things i noticed:

1.Brandon has the name Brandon3055, is it intentional?

2. Bandit quest in HQMbook says the guard commander wants you to find the bandits when really the king has the quest. This is a spot I got confused on how to progress.

3. Is it intentional for the temple to open up right after Thin Thier Numbers? The flow of the quests suggests not. What I mean is, the king tells you to find the ancient. When i find him he competes the quest. But if I click on him again, this completes and makes no sense.
View attachment 15338
What would make more sense is if it completes with the temple monk and maybe set up a location quest in HQM that doesn't open up until you arrive at the ancient or temple the first time.
Well, his character name is brandon3055
Will be fixed
and yes, I wanted the temple to open up after thin their numbers, the ancient is another npc on the wall

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, sorry if this was answered already, but I tried looking and couldn't find anything. Was the problem of the council summons page ever solved? I receive the page from the commander but it says 0/1, and I've brought it to the mages council countless times, but to no avail. There's a good chance I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what that is. I've tried it on different versions of the game, no luck. I really do think it's something obvious I'm overlooking, but I really have no clue. Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, sorry if this was answered already, but I tried looking and couldn't find anything. Was the problem of the council summons page ever solved? I receive the page from the commander but it says 0/1, and I've brought it to the mages council countless times, but to no avail. There's a good chance I'm doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what that is. I've tried it on different versions of the game, no luck. I really do think it's something obvious I'm overlooking, but I really have no clue. Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i fixed it on my end but dont know why it worked, and it wasnt something a person that doesnt understand code would understand how to do for a test, if you understand code let me know and i will try to walk you through what i did and see if it works for you.

PsikoBlock

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I tried the server, but there are some hefty issues
  • HQM Questbook and Quests don't work EDIT: change config/hqm/editmode.cfg
  • The memory leaks seem to be lagging the connection quite badly (10-20s of delay)

Last edited:

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Huh... Guess that would make sense. I might have worried for no reason. That memory leak is still a thing though, since I still need a full reset after about 20 minutes of running TC2. Is there a chance that the particular message I saw actually points to RPGAdvanced leaving some clutter? I even tested a different modpack to compare memory use with. About 25% less memory used with no notable leak, so I figure that TC2 is just that huge of a pack. XD
I'm not sure if this would help or not (someone is bound to comment and correct me if I'm wrong) but running the pack through MultiMC might help. You just need to create a 1.7.10 instance and load it once then in settings tick the FTB option in order to sync the launchers. Also increase the permgen size to 256, iirc. Check how much memory it is allocating, too.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing the newest beta version 2.4.2 and copied over the new map and mods but realized I didnt put the new configs in. So I did that, but the game was stuck at loading the new map in and never progresses ...i wait several minutes. When I kill the game, the log says Attempting to load JABBA data . When i replace the new config with the old config ...same thing. That is the only thing i changed. Like I said above, i used the new mods and the new map files and it was working fine. I update with the new map and it freezes. Same thing when I do a fresh restart of the new save file.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
you may need to wait longer than minutes having just updated the server it took about 30 mins because of the block updates from the railcraft change

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
i fixed it on my end but dont know why it worked, and it wasnt something a person that doesnt understand code would understand how to do for a test, if you understand code let me know and i will try to walk you through what i did and see if it works for you.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about code, but thanks though.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this would help or not (someone is bound to comment and correct me if I'm wrong) but running the pack through MultiMC might help. You just need to create a 1.7.10 instance and load it once then in settings tick the FTB option in order to sync the launchers. Also increase the permgen size to 256, iirc. Check how much memory it is allocating, too.

That is an option I never heard of before! Might as well look that up. It shouldn't be too hard, right?