[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
can anyone link me to a version of the map i can just download instead of following the directions on curse forge as they confuse me
What is confusing about extracting to your tolkiencraftII/minecraft folder?
So, I got the proof of death quest done. (item says 100%) but I get no option to complete the quest X/
Which quest title is that? it should tell you who to speak to.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I entered the portal to middle earth, but it took me to an empty chunk.

The I'm at 0,0 but there is no portal, just an empty chunk like I mentioned.

Any ideas how to get out/ back to the other world, or a way to get the portal back?

Reactions: GreatOrator

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey mik, since you seem to be getting good at this, if you have other variaties of lines for NPC's let me know and I can update them for all...I just had gotten so busy setting them all up I had overlooked their respective dialogs...(why dogs, cats and birds talk too...lol)

Comic books are 90% expository statements. After selling them for 30 years and "having" to read everything each week, I'm pretty quick at making up dialog. I'll start adding stuff to the npc's in draconis. Work my way in from the docks, and focus on the ones with generic statements.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Tolkiencraft II Beta 2.4.2: New Content Test Drive Monday Night 23Feb at 8pm MST!

I'll be streaming the latest beta 2.4.2 in a single player world, prepped off-line to take us to the new content right away. I am so looking forward to seeing how the new overworld towns have changed since our last peek, and of course, to check out the updates to the towns and content in Middle Earth!

Start time is 8pm MST. I hope to see you all in the stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/valsnoisytoys

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I could spawn in a portal in middle earth?

If the item exists in game, there must be a way to replace it from NEI.

Just need to know the name of the middle earth portal and I'll just spawn in a new one.

Some things that may make it better in the future.

1, Moving the middle earth portal down a bit. Last server (before my data corrupted) the portal was too high, and no one could leave. Hopefully in the next update the portal is moved down so players can leave.

2, A way to respawn important quest npcs like the blacksmith. Somehow the blacksmith on our server died and now we can't do the main quests. So much for that, but maybe in the future you can give admins more options to respawn important npcs. I also tried to respawn a mob which happens to be the wrong blacksmith, and now they won't go away. They leave a little coin they respawn from upon death, and I don't understand why all npcs don't have this.

Other then that the pack is running pretty great. Just minor annoyances, which is expected on such an extream modpack. If the npc and portal thing we're fixed I'd easily consider it 10/10, and I've never felt that great about a ftb pack. Thanks for the hard work!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
If you are in creative and go to the custom NPC mod, there are a set of admin tools. The 'hoe' will let you alter the programming npc's or let you program a new one. The axe 'clones' the npc. You right click on them and it stores the info so that you can make a copy later. We just reloaded Draconis on our server and i ran round saving the info on all the quest npcs.

The npc with a coin above his head sounds like the system used in LOTR mod. Killing a merchant in a camp/fort puts the coin up, and respawns him later. This keeps one side of a pvp server from killing all the merchants on the other side.

Brandon has an item in DraconicEvolution that looks like a big purple spawn egg. It can be used to make a spawn egg for mobs. I don't think it works though with programmed custom NPC's. You'll get the look, but not necessarily the vendor items or programming. I need to test it further.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Omg no idea why I didn't think of resetting draconis. All I'd have to do is get the 3 others on my server to move their items to middle earth right? Then I could save our builds with worldedit then just paste them afterwards. Cool! Then I could just run around and copy npcs like you said. Do you have any recommendation in how to get the portal in middle earth back? I know it probably won't be the cool looking ring, but I imagine the portal itself should exist in NEI. I see 4 different portals, so I guess I'll just try them all in creative.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize. I've been here for a week asking questions filling up the fourm. It's just I started this pack with only myself, then brought a few friends. They keeps adding more people, so I'm getting overwhelmed with trying to fix bugs and glitches with no knowledge of what is going on with this pack.

I only have a few problems as of now, which is confusions of if the main world and middle earth are the same world or separate, and how to reset them individually without deleting the other.

Second is how important is the map? Like what exactly am I missing without it? I just downloaded the pack from the ftb launcher, have the main world and middle earth, so what exactly am I missing?

If anyone know a thing or two about these issues please PM, that way I can stop saying the same thing and blowing up the fourm.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, basically you have minecraft world with the overworld and various dimensions such as the nether and the end. Each dimension has a number. Middle Earth is dimension 100.

We didn't reset the entire world, just the area around draconis. This area is inserted into an overworld that uses Biomes of Plenty. If you go around the borders of Draconis, you might see where biomes change and other small discountinuities in the terrain. This shows the borders of Draconis. We reset that small area that starts at those lines, not the rest of the overworld. Along with resetting the NPC's, i'd have to think that would fix the ring portal. If not, there is another way.

The LOTR mod wiki will show you how to make portals for good and evil players that go from Middle earth to the overworld. The evil one is 4 pillars of the glowygreen morgul brick around a 3x3 area of lava and toss in a bone. No clue what the nambypamby good types use, probably some silly elvish gems and ponies or flowers. I hear they sacrafice hobbits to make them. Never trust the lying Elvis.