[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

TheMiA

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so after finally getting it installed and briefly exploring the incredibly beautiful world and the interesting gameplay, I have a simple question that I am quite confused by. Am I supposed to take stuff from the city? At the farm, there's barrels, am I allowed/supposed to take the stuff from them? In the commander's office, there is a sword and bow that seem end-game, what about those? What about all of the items laying around like the wood at the mill and the books in the church? What do I take, what do I leave alone? Just a bit confused on this topic.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so after finally getting it installed and briefly exploring the incredibly beautiful world and the interesting gameplay, I have a simple question that I am quite confused by. Am I supposed to take stuff from the city? At the farm, there's barrels, am I allowed/supposed to take the stuff from them? In the commander's office, there is a sword and bow that seem end-game, what about those? What about all of the items laying around like the wood at the mill and the books in the church? What do I take, what do I leave alone? Just a bit confused on this topic.
in case im the only insomniac still awake at this hour ill tell you what im pretty sure GreatOrator or anyone else would. its your game play how you want to. if you think its cool to steal from the village do it. if you want to be the savior of the world would you really take all the loot? their is no penalty either way if thats what your asking.

TheMiA

Jul 29, 2019
in case im the only insomniac still awake at this hour ill tell you what im pretty sure GreatOrator or anyone else would. its your game play how you want to. if you think its cool to steal from the village do it. if you want to be the savior of the world would you really take all the loot? their is no penalty either way if thats what your asking.

Yeah, I get that. I was mostly just wondering what GreatOrator intended those items to be for. Just decoration, or sweet sweet loot? Lol.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
well when you find diamond armor in a blacksmith chest while raiding a village do you ask the same thing? i will grant you though it does somehow seem different in this pack and truthfully i dont loot the good stuff i might grab some taters for the hobbits later though.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019

I think it's just personal choice. I feel like I'm thieving if I take something from vendors or out of named NPC's display cases but I have no problems making some extra bread from the farmer's stash of wheat or mixing some potions from the ingredients chest in the castle's magic room. Just pick a line you are comfortable with and don't cross it. Once you get further into the pack you will gain access to a place with chests full of valuable stuff. I haven't touched that stuff because it will remove so much challenge and ... it makes me feel guilty :oops:. Silly, perhaps, but that's the way I play. The beauty is that you get to choose how you play. And this is a very enjoyable pack :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I also do some testing with the camping mod...could possibly be related to your error as well.
EDIT: After testing it turns out the camping mod was causing the crashes. I have reported to that mod dev and hopefully will have a corrected version when I post the update. If you are not using items from it yourself, it is safe to disable for now in the current modpack version.

As for all the stuff in the town, pretty much what everyone said...I deliberately left this as an open world with little or no restriction so you can play how you want to.

As for intention, yes, it is meant as decoration (accept the farmer barrels, those were intended for everyone to use) and in a server the concept would be the server admin would use a mod like mytown to protect draconis from server players.

Last edited:

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
STEAL ALL THE THINGS! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1414683716][/DOUBLEPOST]
I also do some testing with the camping mod...could possibly be related to your error as well.
EDIT: After testing it turns out the camping mod was causing the crashes. I have reported to that mod dev and hopefully will have a corrected version when I post the update. If you are not using items from it yourself, it is safe to disable for now in the current modpack version.

I think this was definitely causing my crashes. I downgraded back to 2.1.4 (I think that is the version) and it took out the camping mod items, and I'm back in business! I was scared for a minute because everytime I loaded my save in Middle-Earth I crashed. I thought I might have to pull out some ninja MCEdit skills.

Last edited:

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
Word of warning, Atlanta-2 download server does not work for this pack. It will download the new version but refuses to install 2.2.x. I switched the preferred server to automatic after many failed attempts using Atlanta-2.

Also, does version 2.2.2 show 2.2.1 as the version on the main menu?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Word of warning, Atlanta-2 download server does not work for this pack. It will download the new version but refuses to install 2.2.x. I switched the preferred server to automatic after many failed attempts using Atlanta-2.

Also, does version 2.2.2 show 2.2.1 as the version on the main menu?
Yes it does, because officially you guys are using 2.2.1 but because of what they had to do to fix it they had to bump the version to 2.2.2, i'll also let the ftb team know about the atlanta server, thank you

Reactions: Rastem88

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
That is the issue I was having. I don't know what server it pushed me to with the recommended option, but we can eliminate Atlanta-2 and Auckland.

The 'automatic' server worked for me, also.

Question: Is the TiCo crafting table fixed in this update? I'd test it but I have already wasted enough time with downloading and restarting. Has anyone else tested it?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Dang....Not sure that is something we'll be able to get fixed since mithion quit modding. Not sure if anyone took it over yet...
I'm not too bothered - it was more of an FYI post, really. The blink'n lectern wouldn't let me place a book on it which was why I broke it in the first place. I haven't gone back to the game, yet, to see what the upshot is.

edit: so pretty pissed off, now. I can't place the book on the lectern at all which means I can not make spells. It's a known bug which is supposed to be remedied by relogging in to minecraft. After 3 tries (and moving the lectern with its associated crashes) I give up :mad: Why can things not just work as they're supposed to?! Time for a break, I think.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too bothered - it was more of an FYI post, really. The blink'n lectern wouldn't let me place a book on it which was why I broke it in the first place. I haven't gone back to the game, yet, to see what the upshot is.

edit: so pretty pissed off, now. I can't place the book on the lectern at all which means I can not make spells. It's a known bug which is supposed to be remedied by relogging in to minecraft. After 3 tries (and moving the lectern with its associated crashes) I give up :mad: Why can things not just work as they're supposed to?! Time for a break, I think.
Hmm, that seems to be an important bug though...I really hope someone picks up ARS cause I'd hate to have to remove it...

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the update, was delighted to see the new inn in the marketplace, in previous builds I had started out sleeping upstairs in that poky little room in the tavern inside the gates, and ended up sharing a bed with Arisotura the baker who had a much roomier house, but I'd been thinking now nice it would be to be able to rent a proper room for the night, and sure enough now we can!

I'm having a bit of a problem with the 'Evil Scheme' item in the 'End Game II' / 'The Proof' quest line, it's not registering in my inventory in either the HQM or the NPCQuest; tried renaming a clipboard on an anvil, tried resetting Reder and getting another one (I noticed the first one dropped with a spare line under 'Evil Scheme' above 'Bibliocraft', whereas the anvil named version and the second dropped version from Reder had no space, not sure if that's a clue to the problem?)... I also noticed on a playthrough of an earlier version that it didn't immediately register, but from memory I was able to manually submit it in the HQM quest and then it registered in my inventory so I could complete the NPCQuest line, but nothing I've tried seems to work this time through... anyone else having similar problems? Any solutions?

The only other minor issue I ran across was with that silly witch Ephelba who decided to track me all the way to the entrance of her cave and went for a swim in the lava... which made it easier to kill her, but her amulet ended up melting, so it's a good idea to block off the lava before you call her out :)

In other news, I remembered to pick up both the key AND the charm of dislocation before getting zapped into the wilderness this time, so I'm able to travel back and forth properly, and have found myself a lovely village to set up base in. Next up I guess it's time to head into middle-earth for a look around...

Finally, I have a few ideas about some slight tweaking of the quest lines and the interaction between HQM and NPCQuesting which may make them flow a little more smoothly, but I'll flesh them out a bit more before sending them through.

Keep up the great work, having a blast so far!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the update, was delighted to see the new inn in the marketplace, in previous builds I had started out sleeping upstairs in that poky little room in the tavern inside the gates, and ended up sharing a bed with Arisotura the baker who had a much roomier house, but I'd been thinking now nice it would be to be able to rent a proper room for the night, and sure enough now we can!

I'm having a bit of a problem with the 'Evil Scheme' item in the 'End Game II' / 'The Proof' quest line, it's not registering in my inventory in either the HQM or the NPCQuest; tried renaming a clipboard on an anvil, tried resetting Reder and getting another one (I noticed the first one dropped with a spare line under 'Evil Scheme' above 'Bibliocraft', whereas the anvil named version and the second dropped version from Reder had no space, not sure if that's a clue to the problem?)... I also noticed on a playthrough of an earlier version that it didn't immediately register, but from memory I was able to manually submit it in the HQM quest and then it registered in my inventory so I could complete the NPCQuest line, but nothing I've tried seems to work this time through... anyone else having similar problems? Any solutions?

The only other minor issue I ran across was with that silly witch Ephelba who decided to track me all the way to the entrance of her cave and went for a swim in the lava... which made it easier to kill her, but her amulet ended up melting, so it's a good idea to block off the lava before you call her out :)

In other news, I remembered to pick up both the key AND the charm of dislocation before getting zapped into the wilderness this time, so I'm able to travel back and forth properly, and have found myself a lovely village to set up base in. Next up I guess it's time to head into middle-earth for a look around...

Finally, I have a few ideas about some slight tweaking of the quest lines and the interaction between HQM and NPCQuesting which may make them flow a little more smoothly, but I'll flesh them out a bit more before sending them through.

Keep up the great work, having a blast so far!
Very happy you are enjoying it! First, for the evil scheme, that will be changed in future updates...I had tried several methods because I thought the clipboard was funny, but it has caused more trouble than it was worth, so moving forward it is simply a renamed piece of paper like the queens note.

I had considered the issue with ephalba and the lava, but ultimately decided that it worked in my favor on the quest as it forces players to not default to old fight tactics when fighting bosses (thankfully she does respawn in a time)

Yes, I had several people mention a proper inn, and after a bunch of tweaking was finally able to get it right and functional, so glad you enjoyed that too!

I look forward to any ideas you may have regarding the quests since as you can tell, this is a first for FTB at least to pair the two, so any input is always appreciated!

In a bit of other news...I have found out that a mod I so loved from the first iteration of this pack has now been updated to 1.7.10. This now opens up additional content for me for the november content update and once I tweak the mod (it's not open-source unfortunately BUT I did already have permission from the author so I at least can add it to my pack without worries) I will let you guys know a bit more what mod it is, but suffice to say it deals with transport...hehe

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys