[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
No, but would like to have one if I could afford it, anyone wants to set one up to be the official server for the pack, would be more than happy to help promote them as such.
I'd offer, but I'm still a novice when it comes to server administration. I'd assume some form of permission based system would have to be included as well. All of that I would have to brush up on, unless someone more experienced than I offers.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'd offer, but I'm still a novice when it comes to server administration. I'd assume some form of permission based system would have to be included as well. All of that I would have to brush up on, unless someone more experienced than I offers.
Yeah, as an open server I envision ideally something like forgeessentials and mytown in combination to offer block protection and granular permissions. But we'll see if anyone offers, otherwise you got first dibs! :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Look like nice :) ! Do you think the pack and the map is adapted for a public server use ?
Actually yes, the entire thing, I built with the idea in mind that it could be used on a server or single player

Confirmed by @Vals NoisyToys that they have pushed a new update 2.2.2 that is confirmed to be working. Please, everyone have fun, thank val for her help and the ftb guys for finally figuring out the problem!

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Actually yes, the entire thing, I built with the idea in mind that it could be used on a server or single player

Confirmed by @Vals NoisyToys that they have pushed a new update 2.2.2 that is confirmed to be working. Please, everyone have fun, thank val for her help and the ftb guys for finally figuring out the problem!

Hopefully this... um... circus doesn't happen again. :/

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Good news on the update! I just enchanted a book and got Damage 3, what exactly does it do? Google was no help :/
I will have to defer to thaumic tinker or thaumic exploration maybe? I will do some more digging when I get home to see if I can find out.

Reactions: lbjodom

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Which server site are you downloading from? I use Auckland because it is the closest to Australia, but the Launcher is only showing 2.1.4.

edit: worked from the Atlanta site.

Last edited:

TheMiA

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if the FTB team fixed the pack, but when I redownloaded the launcher to update it earlier today I forgot to re-add it as an exception to my anti virus and the pack just downloaded and opened just fine.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
After the update I was recording and got a few crashes, both when I went to/was running around in Middle-Earth. These were local, not on my server. I've been going back and forth between them to see if I really need the server, or if I can do it locally and put my server back to my 1.8 world for me and my buds.

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-29_19.51.00-server.txt
    42.8 KB · Views: 64
  • crash-2014-10-29_20.14.59-server.txt
    33.8 KB · Views: 51

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
After the update I was recording and got a few crashes, both when I went to/was running around in Middle-Earth. These were local, not on my server. I've been going back and forth between them to see if I really need the server, or if I can do it locally and put my server back to my 1.8 world for me and my buds.
Ok, so it looks to be related to an issue I have already reported the the LotR mod dev...there should be a new release in a few days so for now if you can work around this and hopefully the update fixes it as it seems to be tied to the fact that we are currently using forge 1230 and they built this against 1180. Thank you for letting me know.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so it looks to be related to an issue I have already reported the the LotR mod dev...there should be a new release in a few days so for now if you can work around this and hopefully the update fixes it as it seems to be tied to the fact that we are currently using forge 1230 and they built this against 1180. Thank you for letting me know.

Ah cool, glad it's something already known and not something new!