[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
so each ore is making 18 ingots? because 9 ore blocks should make 18 ingots total or two blocks because the smeltery doubles.

If i put in 1 lead ore it shows two liquid ingots in the controller... i pour it into the basin and it shows amount 144/144 but makes a full block. It didn't happen with the copper i did a moment before this. Edit to add - just tried 9 iron ore and it worked correctly. The basin showed 1296/1296 and it only made the 2 blocks.

zAopHQm.png
cKRypIb.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1411869928][/DOUBLEPOST]

• @GreatOrator I like the new colored title in the lower LH corner of the start up screen. Easy to see without be intrusive. :) Plus, you know, colors. ;)
  • The new world started me in the correct location with the correct inventory. :) Now to get my stuff copied over...

o_O ... You are getting 18 blocks of lead instead of 18 ingots of lead from 9 lead ore?

Exactly!

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If i put in 1 lead ore it shows two liquid ingots in the controller... i pour it into the basin and it shows amount 144/144 but makes a full block. It didn't happen with the copper i did a moment before this. Edit to add - just tried 9 iron ore and it worked correctly. The basin showed 1296/1296 and it only made the 2 blocks.

[DOUBLEPOST=1411869928][/DOUBLEPOST]

Exactly!
Ok, so was just an odd one-off bug?

And glad you guys like the new loading screen!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
It's happening all the time on just the lead ore. Maybe Val could test that one in her game as well.

Yes, the loading screen is very nice :)

I'll go test it now. Just finished looking around to make sure it all looked good for the update (ie I didn't mess something up :p). I'll have to cheat myself in a lead ore to test, but I'll do that then toss the results. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1411871345][/DOUBLEPOST]@kittana Which lead ore is it? Or have you tried more than one kind? Just wondering as there is umpteen lead ore by Artifice in there, one from Railcraft, one from Thermal Foundation, and one from Dense Ores.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
I'll go test it now. Just finished looking around to make sure it all looked good for the update (ie I didn't mess something up :p). I'll have to cheat myself in a lead ore to test, but I'll do that then toss the results. :p

Well i need to toss a bunch of blocks of lead :) I need to keep 2 blocks and 4 ingots and toss everything else... i'm tempted to test smelting an ingot itself and see what happens... Edit - throwing in one lead ingot (railcraft 5494:3) made a full block. [DOUBLEPOST=1411871463][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll go test it now. Just finished looking around to make sure it all looked good for the update (ie I didn't mess something up :p). I'll have to cheat myself in a lead ore to test, but I'll do that then toss the results. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1411871345][/DOUBLEPOST]@kittana Which lead ore is it? Or have you tried more than one kind? Just wondering as there is umpteen lead ore by Artifice in there, one from Railcraft, one from Thermal Foundation, and one from Dense Ores.

i don't have any ore left to say which.. sorry :(

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Well i need to toss a bunch of blocks of lead :) I need to keep 2 blocks and 4 ingots and toss everything else... i'm tempted to test smelting an ingot itself and see what happens...[DOUBLEPOST=1411871463][/DOUBLEPOST]

i don't have any ore left to say which.. sorry :(

Ok well I tested with a Thermal Foundation one - and 1 ore gave me 2 blocks of lead while claiming to be 2 ingots inside the smeltery. The same happened with the white stone colored Artifice lead ore. I melted a 2nd one of each, and if I put the liquid into an ingot mold instead of the casting basin, I correctly got 2 ingots each. So perhaps it's a config issue where the casting basin is being told 1 ingot = 1 block. Or I suppose it could be due to our copying over some of our own data to retain our parts of the map / inventory? (Unlikely, I know).

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well I tested with a Thermal Foundation one - and 1 ore gave me 2 blocks of lead while claiming to be 2 ingots inside the smeltery. The same happened with the white stone colored Artifice lead ore. I melted a 2nd one of each, and if I put the liquid into an ingot mold instead of the casting basin, I correctly got 2 ingots each. So perhaps it's a config issue where the casting basin is being told 1 ingot = 1 block. Or I suppose it could be due to our copying over some of our own data to retain our parts of the map / inventory? (Unlikely, I know).

If it was our data i would think it would affect all ores... rather than just lead... too odd.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it Mega! The unclaimed issue has been reported, but they have not fixed it yet. And yeah, many of the npc's go to bed at night, a few only are available at night, wanted this pack to be very much like an online rpg.

As for the lead, I will take a look at my test version, it is a clean install of the latest update so I can try a run through like a new player. It MIGHT be a config issue, but odd it is only affecting lead...

Ok, update, tested using every lead ore listed in NEI, each ore only provided 2 ingots even in casting basin...Ingots, same deal...1 for 1...

So, I am thinking it was a flaw in the version of TiC you guys have in 2.0.8 as 2.0.9 (next update) has a newer version that was released after update was pushed....

Last edited:

Megmachunian

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it Mega! The unclaimed issue has been reported, but they have not fixed it yet. And yeah, many of the npc's go to bed at night, a few only are available at night, wanted this pack to be very much like an online rpg.

As for the lead, I will take a look at my test version, it is a clean install of the latest update so I can try a run through like a new player. It MIGHT be a config issue, but odd it is only affecting lead...
Thanks, it's pretty great! I am slightly concerned about the npc side of the purchasing quest, as it doesn't record I bought an infused potion, which i thought was just like a potion with ignis. If not then darn oops. Also, any chance you can clean up the inventory GUI? I just find it a pain to click on quests and enter the TiCon inventory.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator Before I forget (again), did you have a chance to look at enabling underground maps? I miss that... :) (And yes, I'm going to bed. I have a mind where if I think of something I have to write it down or otherwise make note of it or I'll not be able to sleep. >.>)[DOUBLEPOST=1411875626][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ok, update, tested using every lead ore listed in NEI, each ore only provided 2 ingots even in casting basin...Ingots, same deal...1 for 1...

So, I am thinking it was a flaw in the version of TiC you guys have in 2.0.8 as 2.0.9 (next update) has a newer version that was released after update was pushed....

Hm that sounds quite possible. Possibly part of the reason for the TiC update.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, it's pretty great! I am slightly concerned about the npc side of the purchasing quest, as it doesn't record I bought an infused potion, which i thought was just like a potion with ignis. If not then darn oops. Also, any chance you can clean up the inventory GUI? I just find it a pain to click on quests and enter the TiCon inventory.
Well, if you read the quest text, it tells you an aer potion...the unlocalized name is something I have no control over so that's why I made sure the exact name was in the log.

As for the tabs, yeah, been reported to all parties and they have been less than resaponsive so you'll have to use keyboard controls to open the inventories. if you have a numpad, 7 will open a seperate GUI for all the equips and the '~' opens up the quest/factions GUI's

@GreatOrator Before I forget (again), did you have a chance to look at enabling underground maps? I miss that... :) (And yes, I'm going to bed. I have a mind where if I think of something I have to write it down or otherwise make note of it or I'll not be able to sleep. >.>)[DOUBLEPOST=1411875626][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hm that sounds quite possible. Possibly part of the reason for the TiC update.
Oh yeah, had forgotten about those myself. I am working on some more quests so will look into that as well...may need to be reported.

It was enabled...use the '\' to put it into underground mode

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Well those paintings are still wrong for me... i deleted the whole TolkienCraft II folder and let the launcher re-download, then copied over only the things i needed to keep my progress. Not sure why it's mixed up in railcraft / bibliocraft configs. It's ID 2083 i think - which based on the other painting ID's should be paintings... but it's not.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well those paintings are still wrong for me... i deleted the whole TolkienCraft II folder and let the launcher re-download, then copied over only the things i needed to keep my progress. Not sure why it's mixed up in railcraft / bibliocraft configs. It's ID 2083 i think - which based on the other painting ID's should be paintings... but it's not.
hmmm, I wonder....I'll see if i can recreate this somehow, it may be related to the level.dat. Are you copying that over too or only the customnpc and hqm stuff?

I'll look either way to try to find out.

Reactions: kittana

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, I wonder....I'll see if i can recreate this somehow, it may be related to the level.dat. Are you copying that over too or only the customnpc and hqm stuff?

I'll look either way to try to find out.

Yes - i copied the level.dat... i thought that was on the list to copy over :(

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
got 2.0.8 down, reviewed existing bugs above.
Like the new convo thread with the dock worker for start off -- cleans up a bit of confusing stuff
First thing i found Kings guards are knee deep in the floor[DOUBLEPOST=1411923545][/DOUBLEPOST]Painting Press in the kings dining room -- probably not supposed to be there.