[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If you intend it to be on the default normal mode which makes me pull my hair out, I'll be sure to mention periodically I have that cfg setting changed to suit my play-style and that it isn't your choice for the modpack. :)
That's perfectly fine actually. I left it at default for anyone that has not done it yet but I will make notes about how to change it if they want to. I totally agree with you, after doing thaumcraft for a bazillion times, the research gets extremely tedious but did not want to eliminate it in case there are some that either enjoy it, or have not experienced it yet.
Finally got 2.0.7 down. First bug
I spawned in a tree
Like at spawn or just random based on your current player.dat?

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Like at spawn or just random based on your current player.dat?

Didn't bother trying to carry over my last game data -- wanted to start fresh. No world existed with the 2.0.7 Dl so I hit create world. it warned me about some block ideas from that alchemical bling mod i disabled per above. Inital spawn was with your gear in a tree beside the bank

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, that makes sense then, if you were basically me with a new name. I am finishing up something right now and the will push for that update, the update within and hour, how fast to the launcher, unsure.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Yay finally starting on the new version... but i am in the castle in the hallway and in His Royal Highness's throneroom and i see a lot of wire support frames.. did something happen with a block id? I'm guessing they were paintings or something? (sorry if this is mentioned already - i looked through the threads but didn't see anything)
xc0iyR6.png

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yay finally starting on the new version... but i am in the castle in the hallway and in His Royal Highness's throneroom and i see a lot of wire support frames.. did something happen with a block id? I'm guessing they were paintings or something? (sorry if this is mentioned already - i looked through the threads but didn't see anything)
hmmm, let me go check on those....that shouldn't have happened....

Ok, so I just checked in the 2.0.8 version that HOPEFULLY will be up today and those are paintings like they should be...so it may have been just an issue with 2.0.7...we'll wait and see what happens once that is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
That's perfectly fine actually. I left it at default for anyone that has not done it yet but I will make notes about how to change it if they want to. I totally agree with you, after doing thaumcraft for a bazillion times, the research gets extremely tedious but did not want to eliminate it in case there are some that either enjoy it, or have not experienced it yet.

Excellent. :) On that note, how do you feel about hungry nodes? :p

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
actually, I plan to disable those...hate those buggers. On a side note, I plan to talk to everyone in chat during your stream to get opinions on the research. If most of them want it, i'll disable by default as well. :D

If you are on hangouts We can discuss as well.
Whoooo!

Sorry I didn't see this until just before starting the stream so no Hangouts this morning alas!

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, let me go check on those....that shouldn't have happened....

Ok, so I just checked in the 2.0.8 version that HOPEFULLY will be up today and those are paintings like they should be...so it may have been just an issue with 2.0.7...we'll wait and see what happens once that is available.

Speaking of 2.0.8, I assume we should do the same update procedure as for 2.0.7 in order to keep our personal part of the map / goods intact?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of 2.0.8, I assume we should do the same update procedure as for 2.0.7 in order to keep our personal part of the map / goods intact?
Also - to update and keep both HQM and NPC quest progress you mentioned copying config files... which would those be :)
Yes, and you copy the HQm and customnpc folders over to the new map

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting bug... i put in 9 lead ore in the smeltery... each one is making 2 blocks of lead... it says 18 ingots - but you pour it into the casting basin and you get a full block for each

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

• @GreatOrator I like the new colored title in the lower LH corner of the start up screen. Easy to see without being intrusive. :) Plus, you know, colors. ;)
  • The new world started me in the correct location with the correct inventory. :) Now to get my stuff copied over...

Interesting bug... i put in 9 lead ore in the smeltery... each one is making 2 blocks of lead... it says 18 ingots - but you pour it into the casting basin and you get a full block for each

o_O ... You are getting 18 blocks of lead instead of 18 ingots of lead from 9 lead ore?

Last edited: