[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
shortened
shortened
shortened
Ok, let me take a look at the save file for the map, it should not be that way...maybe an issue with the lockdown mod....and I'll take a look at the crash later today when I get home from work and see what is causing it and if I can replicate it. dang it...

Edit -
Ok, replace the level.dat in the template directory with the one below. Make sure you extract it from the archive first.. If you replace the level.dat in your new world with the one from your old world (if you are transferring) that should fix it too.

Attachments

• level.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Version 2.0.7
<SNIP>
Note: clicking the C in the upper LH part of NEI doesn't seem to 'take'. I can set it to A and when I come back into NEI its C again. I've also tried setting /gamemode s to no avail. Research continues... if anyone knows how to kick out of NEI creative and have it stick that'd be great. :p Perhaps something in the NEI config file...

ETA: I've looked at the config file, but changing cheatmode from 0 to 2 (which is what it was in my NEI client.cfg file for 2.0.6) did nothing at all, and got overwritten back to 0 when I loaded the world. So... I have no clue how to get it out of this mode and I'm too tired to argue with it further for now. Hopefully Great Orator will have an answer for me before I stream tomor.... er later today. :p

I'm at work, so going by memory here, but I think in the NEI options theres a World and GLOBAL toggle at the top -- I've found i have to make those two match before changes take effect some times

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at work, so going by memory here, but I think in the NEI options theres a World and GLOBAL toggle at the top -- I've found i have to make those two match before changes take effect some times
I think so too, but I was able to get a little testing in this morning and fixed the issue (forgot to remove my player information from the level.dat). Why can't minecraft just use the same method to store player info for SSP as it does SMP? Would it really be that hard?

Of course, this is one of the reasons I have been trying so hard to finalize the map itself so I don't risk forgetting this again. When I get home tonight I will try to get an emergency fix pushed to the launcher.

In regards to the crash reported, I can not replicate it. @Zankou could you tell me what you were doing and where when the crash happened? and did you disable Alchemical Bling in the launcher?

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
I think so too, but I was able to get a little testing in this morning and fixed the issue (forgot to remove my player information from the level.dat). Why can't minecraft just use the same method to store player info for SSP as it does SMP? Would it really be that hard?

Of course, this is one of the reasons I have been trying so hard to finalize the map itself so I don't risk forgetting this again. When I get home tonight I will try to get an emergency fix pushed to the launcher.

In regards to the crash reported, I can not replicate it. @Zankou could you tell me what you were doing and where when the crash happened? and did you disable Alchemical Bling in the launcher?
I did disable Alchemical Bling, Was I supposed to disable it before I started a new world?
The first time I was just walking through town., The second time I jumped on top of a display case.
I just recreated it by trying to 'right click' a BiblioCraft display case (In The grocer if that matters).

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I did disable Alchemical Bling, Was I supposed to disable it before I started a new world?
The first time I was just walking through town., The second time I jumped on top of a display case.
I just recreated it by trying to 'right click' a BiblioCraft display case (In The grocer if that matters).
Ahh, ok so the first time jumping on top of the display cases (I assume the table looking ones, those have been removed in the next up date if so) and right clicking biblio cases....a couple of updates have come out for bibliocraft, so maybe that has been resolved. If so, I will push that out as part of my emergency update tonight.

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, ok so the first time jumping on top of the display cases (I assume the table looking ones, those have been removed in the next up date if so) and right clicking biblio cases....a couple of updates have come out for bibliocraft, so maybe that has been resolved. If so, I will push that out as part of my emergency update tonight.
As for the crash report
Code:
travellersgear.common.blocks.TileEntityArmorStand cannot be cast to jds.bibliocraft.tileentities.TileEntityWeaponCase
I'm guessing someplace in the world there's an armor stand in a display case? I'm trying to find it myself, so I can play on without crashing.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As for the crash report
Code:
travellersgear.common.blocks.TileEntityArmorStand cannot be cast to jds.bibliocraft.tileentities.TileEntityWeaponCase
I'm guessing someplace in the world there's an armor stand in a display case? I'm trying to find it myself, so I can play on without crashing.
Ok, so I have had a bit more time to review the crash log. It does provide some coordinates supposedly for the things involved. Once I get home tonight I will take a look and report to who should be the one to fix it, or maybe all three mods since bibliocraft, travellers gear AND custom NPC's are reflected in the error.

Thank you guys for reporting these bugs and being so patient while we work them out! :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
the level.dat fixed the startup for me but i still needed to activatte hqm by typing /hqm quest
Ya, that is an issue that has been reported to them repeatedly. I think I have found an interesting way to work-around this problem so you guys will not have to do the command yourself, ever again and it will be fun the way I will be implementing it. If it works, then I can also go back to a standard survival world with no cheats enabled.

the seamstress on 2nd floor of alchemist shops sells potions im not sure if thats intended
Yup, she is a placeholder for now, but wanted her to be able to do something until I got to fixing it.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, let me take a look at the save file for the map, it should not be that way...maybe an issue with the lockdown mod....and I'll take a look at the crash later today when I get home from work and see what is causing it and if I can replicate it. dang it...

Edit -
Ok, replace the level.dat in the template directory with the one below. Make sure you extract it from the archive first.. If you replace the level.dat in your new world with the one from your old world (if you are transferring) that should fix it too.

Just a guess here since the zip file only contains a level.dat file, but the zip file is to correct the starting issues for a new world entirely, not for people like me who already have a level.dat file of their own, and are getting stuck in NEI creative, right? :p

Well, I'll try it again, but I'm almost certain I did play with that setting as well in NEI when I was trying to get it out of NEI creative - I believe I have it set to GLOBAL. But thanks for replying - given that i did it when I was very tired, its possible I didn't do just the right thing. I'll try it again.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just a guess here since the zip file only contains a level.dat file, but the zip file is to correct the starting issues for a new world entirely, not for people like me who already have a level.dat file of their own, and are getting stuck in NEI creative, right? :p
Well, I'll try it again, but I'm almost certain I did play with that setting as well in NEI when I was trying to get it out of NEI creative - I believe I have it set to GLOBAL. But thanks for replying - given that i did it when I was very tired, its possible I didn't do just the right thing. I'll try it again.
Right, but by replacing the level.dat with yours it should remove that creative issue. If not, in the save folder try deleting the NEI folder since that tends to store player specific info for NEI as well and let me know. Either way I intend to fix these issues at least once i get home and message to post an emergency update so it will hopefully be ready before tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

if they had only pushed the update sooner like I had anticipated it would not feel like a mad rush to fix...sigh.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Right, but by replacing the level.dat with yours it should remove that creative issue. If not, in the save folder try deleting the NEI folder since that tends to store player specific info for NEI as well and let me know. Either way I intend to fix these issues at least once i get home and message to post an emergency update so it will hopefully be ready before tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.

if they had only pushed the update sooner like I had anticipated it would not feel like a mad rush to fix...sigh.

Yea, you'd think that copying my level.dat would fix it but it didn't. Eh.

I got it sorted - based on @Garret Jax 's post I went back and tried again. For some reason, once I clicked Global to World, then set the world to Recipe mode, then exited inventory, when I went back in I was now in normal non-creative mode. Wierd. Anyway, it's working and I'm not going to worry about it since you'll be fixing it for other too. :p

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you've looked at the Thaumcraft config file to tweak it already or not, but I just wanted to let you know I'm going to change it to 'easy' mode for myself.

Warning: Thaumcraft Mini-Game rant ahead...
I've done the research one too many times the long way with the older system (using ink to move symbols on the paper). I did get used to the symbol one and enjoyed it somewhat once I got a png file that let me see the grid on the paper, but I have to admit I find the latest research mini-game annoying, tedious, and aggravating to the extreme because I have to keep switching between the research table and my Thaum book. Not to mention feeling forced to memorize a bunch of mod-specific information that I don't care to learn. I also don't like having to take notes IRL to plan everything out before I can put a single thing down on the IG paper, because otherwise you waste and run out of rarer aspects which frustrates me. :p I'd rather just pay the research cost and have it done via the Thaum book.

If you intend it to be on the default normal mode which makes me pull my hair out, I'll be sure to mention periodically I have that cfg setting changed to suit my play-style and that it isn't your choice for the modpack. :)