[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.4 should be up on the launcher shortly.

Please, for testing sake, delete the existing folder before updating to make sure no launcher wierdness happens when you play.

• v2.0.4 - Bugfixes - Part II
  • Replaced vanilla tools with tinkers ones so you now can actually dig and mine
  • More tweaks to the quest chains
  • Added another new NPC, Bounty Hunter at the barracks, you'll see his purpose as you complete quests :)
  • More NPC quests to unlock
  • Additional HQM quest
  • Think I remembered to switch it to Survival AND have day/night cycles working

Last edited:

Texaporta

Jul 29, 2019
Bandits not spawning for the "Clearing Bandits" quest from the king. Game is set to survival and hard difficulty.

Also, spent an enormous amount of time clearing the roguelike dungeon for the troll quest. Updated to the recent version while I was in the bottom level looking for Tyrdran. I found him, he was already dead and just a corpse on the ground which I could not loot. Also, the dungeon totally reset so all those spawners I broke and torches I placed reverted to original and I got wrecked. Not fun. Quest progression is borked unless a way to get quest items is instituted as they are not in NEI

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
i get 'void worlds' when i start a game and even on the included draconia world

http://www.tolkiencraft.com/forums/topic/falling-through-the-world/#post-242
Same here, seem to spawn at -328, 957 at y=64 and just fall to my death on the draconia world. Tried creating a new world and it is void as well, just fall to death
Yeah, I'm getting that problem too. :/

Those are the proper coordinates to spawn at though....
Is this happening when you open the map included or generating a new world? and overworld or other dimension?

I'll test with the release from the FTB launcher but there could be an issue if not enough memory is allocated to minecraft when the world first opens.

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GreatOrator, were getting spawned in the end with the new update. If I TP myself to 0 0 0 I get the end islands and the ender dragon. I built a nether portal in creative mode and when I died in the nether I was respawned back in the end over the void. It seems that for some reason the end is being treated as the over world.

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks GreatOrator. I see a new issue with the update you posted. The first 2 quests ask to travel to the fountain and the king. After traveling to the fountain here is an additional location 0 0 0 that shows up to travel to. I do not have to travel to that location to receive the reward. Hope this makes sense.

Forgot to add, in order to run hqm/quest I have to open the world to lan and enable cheats. When I close and reopen the world I have to do the same sequence again.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, that will be fixed....close minecraft and edit under configs/hqm/editmode and change to false

BTW guys, don't forget to check out vals livestream and youtube channel

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Garret Jax

Jul 29, 2019
Not off to a good start on this one -- had a couple of crashes and needed to redownload the map
Enable HQM quest - you dont have permission to do this- even having used the hack above, i still ran into issues with this.
BardSong not affected by Music Settign in sound
FluxPhage still going around town -- caught it visiting the commander for HQM quest
Queen Sleeping facedown on the royal dining room table (to much wine?).
The King is sleeping UNDER his bed. (Definitly to much wine)

Any chance the HQM bakers package quest could be auto detect instead of manual -- I forgot to turn it in on the book before i gave it to the baker. Now i'm unable to complete the quest as i no longer have the package

Tried to make the ring portal to get to middle earth - doesn't appear to be working. Is this locked to a certain point in the quest line ?

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I will double check the HQM quest, should have been detect. Yeah, the customNPC's have their own minds on where they ultimately sleep. Tried to make them listen, but they refuse. Flux Phage SHOULD be fixed in next update...thankfully it does nothing bad, just annoying.

Using the hack above you have to leave it open to lan, that should be fixed in the 2.0.5 update too

EDIT: Ok, quest is detection, but why it didn't auto, not sure. Stream I watched it did...hmmm

ferrarinu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks again GreatOrator!
Another question, I wandered around outside the gates for 2 nights and never saw mobs. I'm playing on normal difficulty, and I even tried wandering a little ways away from the castle. Is there something preventing mobs from spawning around the castle?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks again GreatOrator!
Another question, I wandered around outside the gates for 2 nights and never saw mobs. I'm playing on normal difficulty, and I even tried wandering a little ways away from the castle. Is there something preventing mobs from spawning around the castle?
ahh, yes. Vals brought that up in her stream, I need to make a note. I have "protection" in place to keep the town safe but it does extend a bit outside the walls. The best location to look for mobs is either the graveyard or outside the east walls of the town.

Just notified version 2.0.5 was released which should correct the recent finds. let me know please.

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
ahh, yes. Vals brought that up in her stream, I need to make a note. I have "protection" in place to keep the town safe but it does extend a bit outside the walls. The best location to look for mobs is either the graveyard or outside the east walls of the town.

Just notified version 2.0.5 was released which should correct the recent finds. let me know please.

Got 2.0.5 downloaded and trying it now. Spanw was good, was able to enable the HQM, so starting on that.

One early question i have and it may have changed, last couple of versions, the "other" quest system with the king seemed to start at the fountain, then go to the king for both that and the HQM quest. I did not get the other quest yet to see the king to start those quests.

At any rate, the bad juju flux is still over by the commander, thats as far as ive got so far.

If that changed and something else starts it later, that is fine and all the answer i need. If something is not right I just wanted to toss it out there heh. I will get some testing time in tonight to see what i can break.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Got 2.0.5 downloaded and trying it now. Spanw was good, was able to enable the HQM, so starting on that.

One early question i have and it may have changed, last couple of versions, the "other" quest system with the king seemed to start at the fountain, then go to the king for both that and the HQM quest. I did not get the other quest yet to see the king to start those quests.

At any rate, the bad juju flux is still over by the commander, thats as far as ive got so far.

If that changed and something else starts it later, that is fine and all the answer i need. If something is not right I just wanted to toss it out there heh. I will get some testing time in tonight to see what i can break.
Well, when you stand by the fountain you have to wait for the npcs to finish talking just like the hqm quest hints at by telling you to listen in on what they are saying.

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when you stand by the fountain you have to wait for the npcs to finish talking just like the hqm quest hints at by telling you to listen in on what they are saying.

Ahhh yeah, thought i waited long enough, apparently not heh. I must've not paid attention on the time it took on the earlier versions. All good, onward and upward! Thanks

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I reinstalled the pack rather than just update as I had not progressed far. I have the WORST lag, now. It freezes for quite some time any time I try to use a crafting table or my 4x grid. Eating food (bread) causes a small freeze. Killing something results in it freezing for a bit before actually going through the animation of dying. I have to go to work now but shall post a pastebin link tomorrow when I play again - I presume it will do it again.
This is a great pack, however :) Please don't be discouraged, though, as I am enjoying it apart from the lag, so far. The quest problem is fine now, also. Keep up the fantastic work.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Almost forgot, as it relates to the music the bard plays in-game. I replaced the music with a royalty-free acoustic guitar version of the song...from my research, should not violate any copyrights when played in videos

Awesome! Thanks, GreatOrator. :) The volume is much better now too (ie lower). :p

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, that will be fixed....close minecraft and edit under configs/hqm/editmode and change to false

BTW guys, don't forget to check out vals livestream and youtube channel

Woo! Thanks for the shout-out, GreatOrator. :)

I'm downloading 2.0.5 right now and I'll give it a quick look tonight to see if I notice any issues, at least up to the point at which we left the stream at today. Will the fixes you put in 2.0.5 require me to restart the stream map? Just wondering about flags and the like related to hqm.

Thank ya!
Val