[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
No it is an effect from LOTR mod itself. The author put in a "feature" that when you hit an enemy there is a short delay to your next swing, this is to prevent spamming a weapon. It is sorta similar to what was put in 1.9.x, but in 1.9.x it is not a swing delay but more a damage scaling based on waiting. I am not a fan of it either, I asked quite awhile back, yet nothing can be done about it. As the Great Orator said you must be a little more clever with combat, but you are right many, and I mean MANY, weapons are pointless that require swinging.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rastem88

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering besides Warded blocks(That have not been foolproof in the past), is there any other block in this pack that will contain a Wither?

T

Tanda

Hey I was trying to setup a 2.7.3 server to play on with my friends. (this was the version we first played on and wanted to revisit the older times.) I do not know how to get the server to load the 2.7.3 world. I tried just making a single player world by adding the template to my tolkiencraft2 folder as the old tutorial says since the download&install button only downloads the newest version. But when I go to make the world I only get a random vanilla spawn. I was gunna just add this world to the 2.7.3 server so it would load the world with draconis already in it. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help with a crash when trying to load my game. Played fine and quit, but it just shuts down Mincraft now.

http://pastebin.com/Zmn9FAXR

The last thing I did before quitting was placed a Draconic Grinder in the nether with some cursed earth. Everything was fine, and I was able to come and go a few times before I called it a night.

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help with a crash when trying to load my game. Played fine and quit, but it just shuts down Mincraft now.

The last thing I did before quitting was placed a Draconic Grinder in the nether with some cursed earth. Everything was fine, and I was able to come and go a few times before I called it a night.
It seems to be having a renderer issue, but I'm not sure. If you go to the install location "\minecraft\logs" folder, you may have an "fml-client-latest.log" and that could help pinpoint the issue. Pastebin that one as well.
As a way to be certain you're sending the right one you can always run the game and let it crash before copying the log file. (if you haven't run any other worlds it'll be the right log)

Be aware the following fix will DELETE whatever the tile entity causing the error is from the game. Make a backup if this worries you.

go to:
install location "\minecraft\config" open the "forge.cfg" file, and change the following line:
Code:
B:removeErroringEntities=false
to:
Code:
B:removeErroringEntities=true
I suggest reverting this afterwards so you don't have random things vanishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be having a renderer issue, but I'm not sure. If you go to the install location "\minecraft\logs" folder, you may have an "fml-client-latest.log" and that could help pinpoint the issue. Pastebin that one as well.
As a way to be certain you're sending the right one you can always run the game and let it crash before copying the log file. (if you haven't run any other worlds it'll be the right log)

Ok well first sorry for the wait game takes a few to start up.lol Second, I am not getting the crash now. I tried a few different time to load the save before giving up, and going to a backup that was an hour old. I was able to play for a min, but quit to wait for a reply. I just transferred the save that crashed and it loaded up. The only thing I did was notice that I had 2 Java installed, x64 and non version so I uninstalled the non version.

Thanks:) I have read a few places that people said to removeErroringEntities, but always thought that only worked if it was on a server. I will make a copy of your post and try if it happens again.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well first sorry for the wait game takes a few to start up.lol Second, I am not getting the crash now. I tried a few different time to load the save before giving up, and going to a backup that was an hour old. I was able to play for a min, but quit to wait for a reply. I just transferred the save that crashed and it loaded up. The only thing I did was notice that I had 2 Java installed, x64 and non version so I uninstalled the non version.
Just for knowledge, the non x64 bit is used for 32 bit applications that may need it. I can't help with your multimc setup, however the FTB launcher has an option to select which one you want to use in the options tab (advanced options at bottom->java path).

Reactions: RehabOholic
K

killkrazed

Started playing this very recently but I have encountered an error with HQM.

First off - I downloaded the pack through ftb launcher, then downloaded the map from the in-game option, and entered into it through single-player.

When talking to Elmn (The dockworker), nothing happens when I select the first option to start questing - Ie: it does not enable HQM.
The other options appear to work at the moment, and he does give me a quest book if I say I lost one so it's just the first option that isn't working.

I had to enable HQM manually by typing "/hqm quest" but I am beginning to worry if this might cause problems, as while the quests are progressing correctly in the quest book I noticed an oddity when speaking to the king - he basically told me to get the hell out of his throne room because I was uninvited. So that contradicts what I am being told in the quest book.
Will this cause problems later down the line? And if so does anyone have a fix for it?

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you didn't stand in front of those people at the fountain long enough for the other mod with quests to activate (sorry forgot said mods name). Go back and wait for them to talk some and a pop-up will apper. If you push the "L" key you can see these quests.

Reactions: killkrazed

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing this very recently but I have encountered an error with HQM.

First off - I downloaded the pack through ftb launcher, then downloaded the map from the in-game option, and entered into it through single-player.

When talking to Elmn (The dockworker), nothing happens when I select the first option to start questing - Ie: it does not enable HQM.
The other options appear to work at the moment, and he does give me a quest book if I say I lost one so it's just the first option that isn't working.

I had to enable HQM manually by typing "/hqm quest" but I am beginning to worry if this might cause problems, as while the quests are progressing correctly in the quest book I noticed an oddity when speaking to the king - he basically told me to get the hell out of his throne room because I was uninvited. So that contradicts what I am being told in the quest book.
Will this cause problems later down the line? And if so does anyone have a fix for it?
For single player, be sure cheats are enabled/command blocks are allowed. They are needed for various interactions with NPCs.
It seems like they should be due to being given a quest book, but I'd check on it anyway.

K

killkrazed

@Reaperjtm1 :

Thanks, it looks like you were right on the money - I just didn't stick around long enough to get the quest.

Also, thanks for the tip on pressing "L" - It's like a whole new world now!
You'd think something that important would be in the Faq, or at least mentioned in the original post or something.

Without your tip and watching a few vids from other youtubers I would have been completely stuck, I would have never even known there was another quest menu (even though custom NPC's is mentioned, It would have been nice for someone to let us know it actually has it's own quest menu that can be brought up with a hotkey).

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, took me awhile too. There is a few other things later on, but if you take a second it can work out.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Draconic evolution grinder not drop skulls from wither skeleton skulls? I have only found a reddit post where someone suggested the grinder and it worked great for getting them, but after a few hours of setup, and letting one stabilized spawner run in the overworld, and a cursed earth farm running in the nether not one skull has dropped. They have been running for about 2 hours and the one in the nether has already filled 4/5 obsidian chest with loot.

After searching for awhile I found that Iguana Tweaks disables mob drops from fake players, but the earliest post I can find about this is 4 months old. However, know one states what if any config can change this. Just some players saying disable the head config.lol So I am going to disable the only thing I can see that messes with head drops.

Edit 2: setting the only option to do with mobhead changes keeps me from getting into my world. That really stinks because I spent all that time setting up these farms.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I was trying to setup a 2.7.3 server to play on with my friends. (this was the version we first played on and wanted to revisit the older times.) I do not know how to get the server to load the 2.7.3 world. I tried just making a single player world by adding the template to my tolkiencraft2 folder as the old tutorial says since the download&install button only downloads the newest version. But when I go to make the world I only get a random vanilla spawn. I was gunna just add this world to the 2.7.3 server so it would load the world with draconis already in it. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced
That is because the download link only provides the newest map downloads. you will have to manually download the version for 2.7.x and install.

I have seen that a few times and it is literally random if it comes up. Only fix I have found for it is simply reinstall the map usually.
@Reaperjtm1 :

Thanks, it looks like you were right on the money - I just didn't stick around long enough to get the quest.

Also, thanks for the tip on pressing "L" - It's like a whole new world now!
You'd think something that important would be in the Faq, or at least mentioned in the original post or something.

Without your tip and watching a few vids from other youtubers I would have been completely stuck, I would have never even known there was another quest menu (even though custom NPC's is mentioned, It would have been nice for someone to let us know it actually has it's own quest menu that can be brought up with a hotkey).
Actually that has been mentioned...multiple times throughout this thread. The HQm book even mentions it, so no FAQ since I say something about it in HQM
Does the Draconic evolution grinder not drop skulls from wither skeleton skulls? I have only found a reddit post where someone suggested the grinder and it worked great for getting them, but after a few hours of setup, and letting one stabilized spawner run in the overworld, and a cursed earth farm running in the nether not one skull has dropped. They have been running for about 2 hours and the one in the nether has already filled 4/5 obsidian chest with loot.

After searching for awhile I found that Iguana Tweaks disables mob drops from fake players, but the earliest post I can find about this is 4 months old. However, know one states what if any config can change this. Just some players saying disable the head config.lol So I am going to disable the only thing I can see that messes with head drops.

Edit 2: setting the only option to do with mobhead changes keeps me from getting into my world. That really stinks because I spent all that time setting up these farms.
Is this in single player or on a server? I have this running on my server and get skulls no problem (had to give a storage drawer a void upgrade) and tested in single player and similar results.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
That is because the download link only provides the newest map downloads. you will have to manually download the version for 2.7.x and install.

I have seen that a few times and it is literally random if it comes up. Only fix I have found for it is simply reinstall the map usually.

Actually that has been mentioned...multiple times throughout this thread. The HQm book even mentions it, so no FAQ since I say something about it in HQM

Is this in single player or on a server? I have this running on my server and get skulls no problem (had to give a storage drawer a void upgrade) and tested in single player and similar results.

This is single player. The 2 farms have been running for more than 4 hours and the only skull I have is the one I got when killing wither sk for a mob soul. The only reason I have found is that it is because Iguana Tweaks disables mob drops from fake players, and others have said to just disable the config for it. However, they do not say what one, and the only one I can see that would do it does not allow my game to load. It the

# Adds additional MobHeads and control over MobHead drops.

I'm still looking into it. I would like to add it's the same with diamond spikes, after running for an hour it drop 0. I would like to add that I'm not getting any heads from the automation of mob farms I have tried.

Last edit, Tried a normal test world and tried every automated way in this pack and after watching 1000's of wither skellies spawn and die by activator, grinder, and enchanted spikes I have zero skulls.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using the draconic grinder and get skulls all the time with the default settings as they are. Not sure why yours is having the issue, did you add or remove anything to the default pack?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using the draconic grinder and get skulls all the time with the default settings as they are. Not sure why yours is having the issue, did you add or remove anything to the default pack?

Nope, I just reinstalled the pack and loaded up my save and ran the spawner for an hour and still not dropping. Walked in with a cleaver killed 14 to clear out the room and got 3 skulls. I give up, the only thing I have done is play LAN with my kid, but everything is the stock pack.

I know this is a dumb question to ask the Pack creator, but are you using the current version.lol If so, was the mob farm built before updating? The post blaming tinkers tweaks are 5 months old, and I'm just grasping at straws.lol Thanks anyways, it just means that Draconic is a no go, or at least not for a really long grindy bit of work:)

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I just reinstalled the pack and loaded up my save and ran the spawner for an hour and still not dropping. Walked in with a cleaver killed 14 to clear out the room and got 3 skulls. I give up, the only thing I have done is play LAN with my kid, but everything is the stock pack.

I know this is a dumb question to ask the Pack creator, but are you using the current version.lol If so, was the mob farm built before updating? The post blaming tinkers tweaks are 5 months old, and I'm just grasping at straws.lol Thanks anyways, it just means that Draconic is a no go, or at least not for a really long grindy bit of work:)
Check to see if you have COFH Core installed as a mod. If so go to "minecraft\config\cofh\core" and open the loot.cfg
Change:
Code:
B:MobsDropOnPvEOnly=true

To:

B:MobsDropOnPvEOnly=false

Random thought that could be getting in the way, figured I'd mention it.

EDIT: for clarification you SHOULD have this mod.
This is specifically for head drops, and will allow them to drop even from falling deaths. (if no other mod interferes somehow.)

Last edited: