[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

SctDragon

Jul 29, 2019
While playing it earlier today I had another moment where it froze up and decided to look at the FTB launcher console. I have a memory leak it seems. I have no idea what that means. Anyone explain what it means? MEM leak.png

Apparently it is an ongoing one.

Reactions: GreatOrator

SctDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks GO, I also have noticed this everytime I play the pack. Not sure if this is normal or not but it happens literally with everything I do in the pack. It just keeps writing those same lines over and over, if it's having to work that hard it may be the leak. I have no cluestrangeness.png

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you waiting...I have released all of the extended content as of a few minutes ago,

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/228884-tolkiencraft-ii-content-packs/files

This contains everything that has been done up until this point :D

• This release contains all of the builds that have been completed and a few that were started for the TCII ModPack:
    • Argonath/Amon Hen
    • Beorn's Hall
    • Edoras
    • Erebor
      • Lonely Mountain
      • Dale
      • Lake-town/Esgaroth
    • Helm's Deep
    • Isengard
    • Minas Tirith
    • Mordor
      • Black Gates
      • Minas Morgul
      • Shelob's Lair
      • Cirith Ungol
      • Barad Dur
    • BuckleBury
      • Brandywine Bridge
      • Brandy Hall
    • Weathertop
As always, please watch the video to see how to use this and also that this is only compatible with the TolkienCraft II map also available on Curse and both are only for the TolkienCraft II modpack.

ArtifexDominus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There,

Absolutely love this modpack. Running TolkienCraft II (v 2.5.0) (mc 1.7.10)

I have found an issue with Ars Magica that is extremely frustrating. Hopefully someone knows what I am doing wrong etc. When I make a Touch>AOE>Dig spell, or a Projectile>Light or Touch>Light I get particle effects surrounding me but nothing happens. It still changes my mana and burnout bars, but i get no effect, and no xp.

My Projectile>Light (or maybe it was my touch>light?) successfully created a mage light ONCE but never again.

I am very, very lost. I really, really wanna play with this mod, anyone have any direction for me?

Thanks very much.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Something I will have to look into to find out, first notice of spell issues in new version so thank you, will look into it the next few days :)

ArtifexDominus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast reply,

I started a SP game (have been playing a hosted server just me and a buddy) and the spell works fine.

I am trying to narrow it down a bit more. I checked and the .cfg for Ars hasn't changed serverside so it is still the default. I have done the things i can think of between both games (visited the nether, morphed, worn artifacts, etc. )

I can post a full console log here if needed.

***EDIT***

FWIW it appears the particle effects are off center, or not where they should be when it doesnt work, vs when it does? It will also fire off the effects (on the MP server) when pointed at the sky, where it wont, on SP?

Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, GO, i updated my server with the new dlc. I didn't start my map over and I am running 2.5. Everything has been fine and I have explored a bunch of the new content but whenever I get near Weathertop my server crashes with this. Any ideas?

Edit: same crash with Dale, Lake Town was fine, haven't reached the lonely mountain. Also, I can't for the life of me find the Argonath or Amen Hen. I tp to the point on the lotr map and went south on the river to the mouth of the lake (north side) but no Argonath along the way. Am i searching the wrong place?

Attachments

• crash-2015-05-21_16.12.56-server.txt
    757.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So looking into it, may be because of id conflicts with new content since you are using an older map. Try creating a new instance just for testing and see if you get the same crash as I am not able to duplicate.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v 2.6.0 - Warfare Update
    • Mods Removed
      • SlimeVoid Lib
      • Dynamic Transport
      • Thaumic Expansion
    • Mods Added
      • Ancient Warfare
      • Extended Potions
      • AgriCraft
    • Mods Updated
      • AsieLib
      • BDLib
      • Code Chicken Core
      • MrTJPCore
      • Applied Energistics
      • Aura Cascade
      • Botania
      • BuildCraft
      • DecoCraft
      • Draconic Evolution
      • Ender Storage
      • Extra Cells
      • Extra Utilities
      • ExtraTiC
      • Gendustry
      • Gravestone
      • HQM
      • JourneyMap
      • Logistic Pipes
      • MystCraft
      • NEI
      • NEI Add-ons
      • Node Tracker
      • Project:Red
      • Storage Drawers
      • Thaumic Energistics
    • Configs Changed
      • Complete re-work of potion ID's (I think I finally have all those conflicts solved...please let me know)
      • Minor Tweaks for game balance based on player input
    • Map Fixes
      • Because of some of the major changes to some of the existing mods, and adding the new mods I had to update some areas of the overworld to replace missing blocks and to update existing blocks.
This was a big update, and took awhile while I waited for certain combinations of mods to update. Unfortunately the mods that were removed do not seem to be actively updated and are actually quite the number of forge versions behind. This update brings the pack to the current version (1408 as of this post) to take advantage of many of the new features forge offers.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 2.6. I just did the quest where you turn in a leadstone energy cell and get a hardened one in return... but it gave me a creative energy cell instead.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Did you have any items that repair other items in your inventory?

Yeah, good call. I've been getting tons of them from the reward bags and I've been using them to extend the life of the diamond armor that I made early on.

Unrelated: signalum longbow and enderium arrows are kind of absurd. They do something like 85 hearts before adding any modifications (though added sharpness on the arrows doesn't add much) and the bow starts with the fastest possible draw speed. Dropped the wither in two hits.

Paulthetic

Jul 29, 2019
So I really want to play this, but every time I try launching it, it says "error downloading modpack".

Edit: Ok.....I tried it again for the 5th time and now it works....
Edit #2: Now it won't let me make a singleplayer world. I think I'm giving up on this for now.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
sooo..... i cant find the air staff. where do i look?
Make sure you read the description text for the quest, it gives hints.
Yes I downloaded the map, extra content, pretty much everything. I may have done something wrong though, I tend to screw stuff like this up lol
Just make sure you have followed the instruction from the video for loading the map that is at the download page.

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you read the description text for the quest, it gives hints.

Just make sure you have followed the instruction from the video for loading the map that is at the download page.
i know. but what do i need to think of with hair? First i thought end. coulnt go there. than i thougth amethyst world. cant go there either. ive looked for 2 hours now. maybe just a little hint?