[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

hamsterpowerftw

Jul 29, 2019
hey i can't load your pack after updating to latest it just stops at this:[Client thread/INFO] [CoFH ASM]: Stripping methods and fields from thermalexpansion.block.TileRSControl

and i have no idea why

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up, Creosote oil between Artifice and Railcraft aren't compatible. The coke oven makes Artifice's Creosote oil, and then you can't use it to make rail ties.

Edit: I created this Minetweaker script to fix the issue:
val creodict = <ore:creosite>;
creodict.add(<Railcraft:fluid.creosote.bucket>);
creodict.add(<Artifice:bucket:2>);

recipes.removeShaped(<Railcraft:part.tie>,
[[null,<Railcraft:fluid.creosote.bucket>,null],
[<ore:slabWood>,<ore:slabWood>,<ore:slabWood>]]);

recipes.addShaped(<Railcraft:part.tie>,
[[null,creodict,null],
[<ore:slabWood>,<ore:slabWood>,<ore:slabWood>]]);

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuzzbling

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Late responses time! (sorry)

can you add witchery to the pack its a really good magic mod!
I love witchery, but I don't feel as though it is really needed in this pack, also for people who already have worlds, they would not get the world gen features.
hey i can't load your pack after updating to latest it just stops at this:[Client thread/INFO] [CoFH ASM]: Stripping methods and fields from thermalexpansion.block.TileRSControl

and i have no idea why
Well that's strange considering I didn't update thermal expansion or any cofh mods in that case.
Just a heads up, Creosote oil between Artifice and Railcraft aren't compatible. The coke oven makes Artifice's Creosote oil, and then you can't use it to make rail ties.

Edit: I created this Minetweaker script to fix the issue:
undefined
Is that the only crafting issue? Or will I need to fix the recipes with ore dictionary versions?

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the only crafting issue? Or will I need to fix the recipes with ore dictionary versions?
There's only one liquid "creosote oil" and only one of the other liquid containers for it. So as far as getting creosote oil working, the bucket ore dictionary handles it all. The one recipe I replace is also the only recipe that doesn't automatically get fixed by the ore dictionary entry.

As far as other issues with multiple versions of the same item, that's the only one I've encountered so far. If I find any others I will let you know :)

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
There's only one liquid "creosote oil" and only one of the other liquid containers for it. So as far as getting creosote oil working, the bucket ore dictionary handles it all. The one recipe I replace is also the only recipe that doesn't automatically get fixed by the ore dictionary entry.

As far as other issues with multiple versions of the same item, that's the only one I've encountered so far. If I find any others I will let you know :)
Alright, thanks! :D

Thrumm

Jul 29, 2019
We gained a few new players on my server so we reset the map for 1.2.2 on friday. Progress so far: just hit the tech age. have a massive boiler power system setup that was running off creosote, currently building the infrastructure for switching it to biofuel. Just got the first quarry setup, beginning to construct an under ground rail system for transporting materials to and from the quarry

Bugs:
Fluid Transposer quest bugged, does not recognise that you have it.
Clarification on the liquid creosote issue: If I store creosote in tank, if you take it out with a bucket it's of artifice type and you can not craft with it, if you take it out with glass bottles then it's of railcraft type and you can.

Balance Feedback:
Ender Ore is really really common making ender pearls really really easy to get.
Stone can be chiseled into mossy stonebricks, making it very easy to get TiC auto repair on your tools.
Glass can be chiseled into very clear glass making ender io fluid conduits very easy to get earlier than expected.
It would be nice to have a second later game method to make steel in the tech age, Blast furnace is pretty slow to mass produce steel.
Emeralds are near impossible to get once villagers sell out of them, considering capturing a villager in a safari net and setting up a spawner right above a smeltery

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Balance Feedback:
Ender Ore is really really common making ender pearls really really easy to get.
Stone can be chiseled into mossy stonebricks, making it very easy to get TiC auto repair on your tools.
I have had a similar experience here, ended ore should probably be nerfed a little. I, personally, don't think the mossy stone thing is much of an issue, since most of my tools get repair as a level-up bonus regardless of availability of mossy stone.

It would be nice to have a second later game method to make steel in the tech age, Blast furnace is pretty slow to mass produce steel
Yes!!!!! I fully support this!

Another issue I've noticed is that you made the galacticraft Circuit Fabricator recipe require an Advanced Wafer—which is made in the Curcuit Fabricator—making it impossible to make a rocket in survival. Please consider revising this recipe or adding in an alternate way to get advanced wafers (perhaps there's one I'm not aware of?)

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm just being stupid, but how do you sprint? Double tapping W does nothing and LControl does nothing as well (there are no conflicts that I can see)

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
None of the machine quests for the Intro to Tech section are working for me, and my god do I hate pneumaticraft. But other than that, I'm really enjoying the mod pack!

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally, it appears there's no way to get normal seeds for botania, seeing as breaking grass gives nothing. I had to cheat in one seed to get the ball rolling.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally, it appears there's no way to get normal seeds for botania, seeing as breaking grass gives nothing. I had to cheat in one seed to get the ball rolling.
You could also break a grass garden which drops wheat. Wheat can be converted into seeds.

jonny4547

Jul 29, 2019
Don't now if this is intended, but you can make shiny ingots out of copper, sliver or gold trough Artifice's tokens