[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

NOSLx

Jul 29, 2019
It took me 12 minutes for minecraft to load up, do you think theres a way I could shorten it by 3 minutes?

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
I actually find that InPure Core is a bad idea. It eliminates those items completely from NEI, and then you can't look up their recipes anymore. However, every single one of the categories it eliminates is already a NEI tab filter. Some of them are under creative tabs, but all of them can be filtered out rather than eliminated.

zwibak01

Jul 29, 2019
Opis rausnehmen...so langsam sollte ich mit dem update endlich fertig werden...das häuft sich langsam...

Oh o.o..., ich hätt hier nämlich fast die Krise gekriegt:D:confused::mad:.
Das blöde: Ich kann das Modpack, wie ich schon gesagt hatte, nur einmal starten, was "Mods ändern" angeht ziemlich am Arsch bin :(

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
It took me 12 minutes for minecraft to load up, do you think theres a way I could shorten it by 3 minutes?

I you tell my your hardware I may be able to help you but from 12 to 3 isn't possible I think maybe down to 5-7 but without specs I can't give you any adwise without propably making it worse...

I actually find that InPure Core is a bad idea. It eliminates those items completely from NEI, and then you can't look up their recipes anymore. However, every single one of the categories it eliminates is already a NEI tab filter. Some of them are under creative tabs, but all of them can be filtered out rather than eliminated.

INPureCore removes only things such as MicroBlocks and the hundreds of versions of the same BiblioCraft chair :D It leaves "example-items" and the filters I created also leave examples (except the ones removing duplicates, null items and bugged items (NEI lists 10 OD Scanners, but only on of them is working and with a recipe...the others are...well dead)

Oh o.o..., ich hätt hier nämlich fast die Krise gekriegt:D:confused::mad:.
Das blöde: Ich kann das Modpack, wie ich schon gesagt hatte, nur einmal starten, was "Mods ändern" angeht ziemlich am Arsch bin :(

? Wie nur einmal starten?

maki32

Jul 29, 2019
I like this modpack so much! How often you update it? :) I'm enjoying it so much! You plan to add more mods or something?

NOSLx

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt mean shorten the load time to 3 min, I meant get rid of atleast 3 mins from it
also here are my pc specs
Intel i7 4790k
Corsair 32GB
SSD 256
GeForce GTX 730

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
I like this modpack so much! How often you update it? :) I'm enjoying it so much! You plan to add more mods or something?

Updates come whenever I feel like it :D (I'm working on them when I have some free time but depending on the changes I make/want to make they often take quite long).
Bugfix updates are relatively fast done, depending on the bug (sometimes I have to wait for a mod itself to be updated so...) :)
More mods...this is the biggest modpack around on these forums and you ask for more mods? xD There's in fact one thing that makes it nearly impossible to add more mods...even though Minecraft 1.7.10 made item ids obsolete the arrays ("lists" for items, blocks, potions, enchantments, biomes and so on) are still limited and most mods wouldn't have enough free "slots" in these arrays, so the game instantly crashes during startup. (The item arry just becomes completely overloaded). So in short: most likely only only minor (/no items added) mods due to mc being unable to handle it :(

I didnt mean shorten the load time to 3 min, I meant get rid of atleast 3 mins from it
also here are my pc specs
Intel i7 4790k
Corsair 32GB
SSD 256
GeForce GTX 730

You could try with this: (Copy it to the "Java Arguments" line in the Advanced Settings)(It will make mc use from 4-8 gb of ram (enough for the pack, too much isn't good either) and use 2 cpu cores. If you run too cpu intensive tasks together with the modpack it may cause issues)
Code:
-Xms4G -Xmx8G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Released v 1.5.0.0
Changelog:
  • Removed Mods: "Storage Drawers Forestry Pack", "Storage Drawers Natura Pack", "Storage Drawers Highlands Pack"
  • Added Mods: "Dr. Cyano's Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes", "AE2 Stuff", "DummyCore", "Thaumic Bases", "Java Version Checker", "Companions"
  • Updated some Mods
  • Rebalanced ProjectE (moved to EndGame, Gated behind successful Enderdragon Fight and End (HEE) exploration
  • Fixed some Biome ID conflicts (Errors existed since early beta, fix shouldn't break world saves, but still could, so create a backup before updating please)
  • Rebalanced Quarrys (moved to later MidGame)
  • Cleaned up NEI (more custom INPureCore filters, left examples)
Have fun! :)

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
what did you do in 1.5.0.0 it did break my save but i just made a new one the map teleports do not work i was go to make
Mystcraft linking books but that does not work what good is Mystcraft if you can not get back ?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
what did you do in 1.5.0.0 it did break my save but i just made a new one the map teleports do not work i was go to make
Mystcraft linking books but that does not work what good is Mystcraft if you can not get back ?

Updates can always break worldsaves (in this case most likely the change of some biome ids crunshed your save). Map Teleporters aren't capable of interdimensional teleports as far as I know. Draconic Evolutions Teleporters definitely work, as well as linking books. (latter only interdimensional if used without the intra-linking modifier.) (unlinked Link books are set to a position by shift-rightclicking them, and are ativated by rightclicking)

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
i am not doing interdimensional the maps have no teleports it is gone all the maps have no teleports at all i am
trying to go from waypoint to waypoint i was just trying the books because the maps teleports are gone

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
i am not doing interdimensional the maps have no teleports it is gone all the maps have no teleports at all i am
trying to go from waypoint to waypoint i was just trying the books because the maps teleports are gone

Waypoints are part of the saves and thus are deleted whenever the Launcher updates the modpack (We have no control over that). (Backups before updating recommended, as always)
Linking books can only be used for inner-dimensional teleports if modified with the intra-linking effect. (Link modifier / intra-linking Link panel)

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
i have the waypoints they will not let me teleport it is turned off teleport before 1.5.0.0 on the maps worked
after 1.5.0.0 the map teleport is off it does not work the book thing i get that it is not my old save it is my new save
and new waypoints teleport is off not all the waypoints are in the save just so you know

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
i have the waypoints they will not let me teleport it is turned off teleport before 1.5.0.0 on the maps worked
after 1.5.0.0 the map teleport is off it does not work the book thing i get that it is not my old save it is my new save
and new waypoints teleport is off not all the waypoints are in the save just so you know

It's a well known fact to me that not all waypoints are in the save files (Journeymap has it's own save folder and therefor is treated differently than Voxelmap).
But thanks for precisely explaining what your problem is (now I no longer have to guess out of hard to understand sentences xD).
It could be that your world save doesn'thave cheats_allowed = true (Allow cheats setting on world gen).
Can you verify if that could be the problem? (NEI isn't bound by that setting, but minimaps are so try a command in the chat)

Last edited:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Is there gonna be a version of this modpack on Curse Voice?

We may port the pack to curse sometime in the future, but that's only a 'maybe' on the list of things planned for the far future. So it won't happen anytime soon, but may happen in some months (depending on the general future of the FTB Launcher).

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think my Mac would be able to handle this pack? Or should I look elsewhere?
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 Gb

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think my Mac would be able to handle this pack? Or should I look elsewhere?
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 Gb

I'm afraid not, the main problem will be the fact that you're limited to intels onboard graphics card, wich most likely won't be able to get you enjoyable fps. ;(
It will run, but the chances it's really playable are slim. (If you want to try, allocate 4,5 GBs of ram)

Aerandilas

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why but when I tried to use harvester (Mine Factory Reloaded) on agricraft crops it doesn't work.
However, the harvester works on non-crop plants and trees.
So, I would like to know why it is not work and what I have to do to resolve the problem if possible. ;)
Otherwise, I like this modpack. :D