[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
How is it that you "smelt villagers"?

I really need Emeralds
Bear in mind that each one only gives 1 emerald; thus, over time, it's more efficient to go with the shedding method as each villager can theoretically shed multiple times even if it takes bloody forever.

At first, you'll probably get nothing, but eventually, with enough villagers crammed into range of the vacuum chest you should get a steady trickle of emeralds.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Bear in mind that each one only gives 1 emerald;
my memory says each villager gives less then 1 emerald's worth when smelted in the smeltry (the memory is smelting villagers to afford a reuseable safari net from a mfr villager )
It's fun smelting villag... I mean that's evil. Come to the dark side ;)
the problem is that they suffer then so i prefer to be "merciful" and quickly impale them in the heart with a strong capitalist sword ,
luckily a bound blade is a lovely "tool " for this and the sword's nature just makes the harvest feel sweeter.

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
my memory says each villager gives less then 1 emerald's worth when smelted in the smeltry (the memory is smelting villagers to afford a reuseable safari net from a mfr villager )

the problem is that they suffer then so i prefer to be "merciful" and quickly impale them in the heart with a strong capitalist sword ,
luckily a bound blade is a lovely "tool " for this and the sword's nature just makes the harvest feel sweeter.

They SHOULD give 640 mb, or 1 full emerald...

Z

Zoriac

It's fun smelting villag... I mean that's evil. Come to the dark side ;)

And what's a good way to spawn them? I've been playing Minecraft for years, and enjoying this mod pack for quite some time. But villager spawning has always been an elusive skill to me.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
And what's a good way to spawn them? I've been playing Minecraft for years, and enjoying this mod pack for quite some time. But villager spawning has always been an elusive skill to me.
RFtools/Ender IO/Draconic Evolution spawners they all work.
EDIT : also MFR like what scot said earlier.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Reactions: Zoriac

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
RFtools/Ender IO/Draconic Evolution spawners they all work.
EDIT : also MFR like what scot said earlier.
ender io one for villagers is by default ender io configs disabled ,Ie cant bind/imbue a villger soul onto a broken spawner (running cost : RF)

for the Draconic evolution one u would need to slaughter alot of them to get a decent chance at making one for them (something around 1/50 at max preparedness, much worse chance at lower preparedness ) and then need a intact(think the ones u find normally in the world) "vannila" style spawner to acquire the other part running cost : 0!

Mfr one works nicely just need a live villager in a net made of 4 ender pearls and a ghast tear for telling it what to spawn (running cost: fluid ->mob essence might be called essence +RF)

rftools spawner is another option probably will need running cost-> dirt/leaves/wheat/carrot/potatoes+ probably an emerald every 10or 20 ish spawns+ rf +"bulk matter" cobble/smooth stone? . and the non consumed part is a syringe that u have pricked a couple of times on your target(whens its at 100% its ready)

Reactions: Zoriac
R

RogerMasters

I have tried playing this pack twice but have had a number of issues both times.
1. Sometimes the screen goes black for a few seconds when the notification for a quest updating or finishing should pop up.
2. The contents of my questbook just disappears and doesn't come back. Now every time I open my questbook, the whole book is blank.
If you have any idea why this is happening and what could be done to fix it, I would be very grateful!

Z

Zoriac

I have tried playing this pack twice but have had a number of issues both times.
1. Sometimes the screen goes black for a few seconds when the notification for a quest updating or finishing should pop up.
2. The contents of my questbook just disappears and doesn't come back. Now every time I open my questbook, the whole book is blank.
If you have any idea why this is happening and what could be done to fix it, I would be very grateful!

Have you added/removed/changed any of the mods?
Which launcher are you using?

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Caigan, random idea--can you possibly grab Project e and make that into the crating system?

I don't know if you can set it so everything can't be condensed(like how you can't condense ore) but can be used in condensing(again, like ore) and have crates be the only condensable things, but hey, saves you some effort if you can, right?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Caigan, random idea--can you possibly grab Project e and make that into the crating system?

I don't know if you can set it so everything can't be condensed(like how you can't condense ore) but can be used in condensing(again, like ore) and have crates be the only condensable things, but hey, saves you some effort if you can, right?
i also wished. buf the EMC of ProjectE is being used by his own mod FMC.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019

Don't you think Ferret Business is a better system than Project E (or any other EE)? ;)

Arsomang

Jul 29, 2019
How well does this run on as a server? Is it laggy or is it a nice light weight server? and were can i get the latest server files?

Arsomang

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change how close you have to be to mobs before the tool tip that shows there harts pops up. Right now you have to be so close to see it there alrdy hitting you.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure about the second one, but for the first - did you happen to get a Warp effect? That's what's causing the black screen (in another pack that used Better Questing), and a restart of the instance is needed to clear that. Which is a rather novel challenge, when the pack I'm playing with is a very large Thaumcraft tutorial. :D

Arsomang

Jul 29, 2019
I got a bug in my server running The Ferret Business were we get some ore that we cant mine it just pops right back. It is only some Ore deposits.
What would cause this and how can i fix it?
I am able to break them in creative mode but not in survival

Last edited: