[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you can fix this caigan, but Draconium shows up in RFtools worlds. Not even ones with specific modifiers, mind.

2016-10-27_17.04.40.png

D

DragonmasterDJ

Hey i just want to say that this modpack seems epic! but there's a few problems...

1. when i start a normal world... I get a insane amount of lag...
when i start the world and the loading completes i cannot move or do anything making the game impossible for me to play.
I have set all my options to the lowest i could but it makes no difference...
also i know it may not be my computer... as its in great shape and other modpacks i play with MAN dosent give me lag :|

can you please help me. i relay wish to play this modpack! i love the story.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i just want to say that this modpack seems epic! but there's a few problems...

1. when i start a normal world... I get a insane amount of lag...
when i start the world and the loading completes i cannot move or do anything making the game impossible for me to play.
I have set all my options to the lowest i could but it makes no difference...
also i know it may not be my computer... as its in great shape and other modpacks i play with MAN dosent give me lag :|

can you please help me. i relay wish to play this modpack! i love the story.

well.. this mod pack is not like the others, try the optifine, can give more problems, but will help the FPS, but not forever, the AE system + ender quarry and say good bye to your FPS, i play with 12GB and the modpack used all so.. is a hard pack to keep working... ^^''

D

DragonmasterDJ

well.. this mod pack is not like the others, try the optifine, can give more problems, but will help the FPS, but not forever, the AE system + ender quarry and say good bye to your FPS, i play with 12GB and the modpack used all so.. is a hard pack to keep working... ^^''

thanks! but i manged to figure it out!
my settings fr the launcher was with low RAM so i changed it and the modpack works just fine now!

Reactions: Everlasting2

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at least make it so that combining crates returns empty ones or something?
Crates are fairly easy to make, and I'm trying to limit the number of different GiveBack of items in crate creation as it is.

I feel like Wriggling Tentacles(which come from androids and stuff, since there aren't any squid) should give SO MANY more rewards than downy feathers(which even the simplest chicken farm will have enormous amounts of)....
The Researchology quests all give the same rewards due to the multiple methods of making mob spawners.

the mod update, or your update?
You can update the Better Questing mods (base, standard expansion, RF expansion, etc) to get the fix, or wait for me to update the pack as a whole.

I don't know if you can fix this caigan, but Draconium shows up in RFtools worlds. Not even ones with specific modifiers, mind.
The rebuilding of the dimlet.cfg in the update 'should' fix this.

-----------

As well, thank you to everyone for the support. I stepped back from minecraft as a whole after the crash to take a mental breather, but I'm back and starting to rebuild the new update. No ETA, sorry. There's a lot to fix and art to remake.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
You can update the Better Questing mods (base, standard expansion, RF expansion, etc) to get the fix, or wait for me to update the pack as a whole.
well... bad news... the last version for 1.7.10 is 1.0.155 but i test it when i get the problem with the resets.. end no change... =( has bug fix in the new version, but the new version is for new versios of minecraft too... so...

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for 2.1, sending as much mental support your way as possible, Caigan! Going to start a Let's Play of the pack as soon as 2.1 is released!

S

Shuro

It would be nice if the Ferret-Questbook could have a jingle on completion like HQM.

Edit: okay, it comes...but only after closing the quest book :/

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
well... bad news... the last version for 1.7.10 is 1.0.155 but i test it when i get the problem with the resets.. end no change... =( has bug fix in the new version, but the new version is for new versios of minecraft too... so...
My changes to the questing reputation tracks themselves may fix this issue, but I don't know.

Maybe… just maybe a 1.10.2 Ferret Business?
If anything, when that happens (yes, most likely when), it will be a sequel pack, not a continuation. A lot of mods in this pack are not updated, many will NOT be updated by their mod devs either.

Caigan... what about put NPCs mods on the pack, like Minecraft comes alive or millenaire?
NPCs are something I'm considering, but an idea I've shelved for the time being for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Odovbold

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
you say millenaire i say performance loss

My changes to the questing reputation tracks themselves may fix this issue, but I don't know.

If anything, when that happens (yes, most likely when), it will be a sequel pack, not a continuation. A lot of mods in this pack are not updated, many will NOT be updated by their mod devs either.

NPCs are something I'm considering, but an idea I've shelved for the time being for obvious reasons.

i put millenaire on a old versio of the modpack, it don't make so bad to the FPS, works better than the normal villagers. belive me... and is so cool see then expand the citys =3

tonicgoofy

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been itching to start server with friends but I wanted to know if it was worth waiting for update 0.2.1 or just do it now with version 0.2.0? Meaning would the world be better off in terms of initial generation when new mods are introduced and removed in 0.2.1.

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
Does Minecraft Comes Alive work with botania shedding? I've been tossing around the idea of combining a vacuum chest, a grinder of some description and a auto-spawner to create a room o' infinite emeralds.

Sure it'd work slower than simply smelting villagers down into emeralds, and be laggier, but at the same time..... UNLIIIIIIMITED GEMS!

Edit:Also, I just had a idea--Bulk Basic reward bags that cost 10 times more but have the same odds as basic loot bags, with ten times the yield--so, for instance, you could get 10 overgrowth seeds from it.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Sure it'd work slower than simply smelting villagers down into emeralds,
i doubt it would be slower per gem then the smeltry because the smeltry is quite inefficent at processing villagers to emeralds(its quite good on another certain mob) , even then if u plan on killing the villgers in the pursuit to get emeralds , your idea is far more likely upgrade-able then the smeltry method , depending on how mods see said villgers

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
How is it that you "smelt villagers"?

I really need Emeralds

If you have Tinker's Construct installed, literally! :D You spawn and channel them into the Smeltery, since they're a mob, mobs inside of a Smeltery will take damage until they die, when it's got some molten fluid in it.

Although, I would recommend putting it out of sound range, as the sound of lots of Villagers dying can be annoying after a while! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Tinker's Construct installed, literally! :D You spawn and channel them into the Smeltery, since they're a mob, mobs inside of a Smeltery will take damage until they die, when it's got some molten fluid in it.

Although, I would recommend putting it out of sound range, as the sound of lots of Villagers dying can be annoying after a while! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
if you have extra utilites... use a sound muffler :)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.