[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
After buying draconic cores from shop my screen goes black for a amount that reflects how many cores i bought. If it is 1 set of 5 it is 10 seconds. If more it is longer. Is this suppose to happen?

also anyone know a computer craft program so i can read the input to my tier 7 draconic battery?

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting to hear that the compact chest is having issues with the 'box, as that is my go-to item for moving things like that. Too bad really, its a really handy item for moving things that aren't compatible with the dolly.

As an alternative: If you have the resources (and don't mind the lack of AE connectivity), look at Compartments (part of the Binnie Core mod). Highest tier is 8 x 200 slots IIRC, and is transportable by cardboard box just fine (last I used it). I find it a handy item for compact, satellite bases.

Would have had that all over the place in early Regrowth, for example (since a quest gives you half a dozen of the things), but you're usually deep into Storage Drawers by then (same as here, really) and I find that to be a better 'core base' storage these days.

Reactions: An0nymuS
D

dakka

Ah yea I remember those from regrowth. I actually just bit the bullet and went AE, spent a few hours getting what I needed the manual way (aka mining etc), and have a working AE setup now. Was going to do that anyways, just not at this early stage. Only been playing for a half a week, but I do love AE, so its nice to have...especially in my new base.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
After buying draconic cores from shop my screen goes black for a amount that reflects how many cores i bought. If it is 1 set of 5 it is 10 seconds. If more it is longer. Is this suppose to happen?
This shouldn't happen, no. Will look further into it, but it might be similar to the issue others have of screen going blank for a moment when a quest is completed.

Every time I start the game my Job,Shop,Trader reputation is 0
As shown in the Better Questing book or the HQM? Try /scoreboard players list playername (replace playername with your username) to check your tracks and let me know if it still resets each restart.

Any time i complete a quest my screen goes black.
I think I may know what is causing this issue.

Could you try going to /config/betterquesting/ and open questbook.cfg. Change B:disableQuestNotifications=false to B:disableQuestNotifications=true

Load the game again and try completing a quest.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there some reason I can't change the shape of a carpenter's slope or stair with the mouse? All I can do is rotate it. In other packs I've used the mouse controls the rotation as well the shape. I can still change them if they are in my inventory using the scroll wheel.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some reason I can't change the shape of a carpenter's slope or stair with the mouse?
Looked into it, it looks to be a bug with the current version, and a new version is going to be released sometime soon that fixes this and some other bugs.

Reactions: An0nymuS
D

D3m0n777

I'm having a issue with gaining reputation in my corporate catalog. When I complete a quest it doesn't give me any reputation at all. Everything is 0 when it should be raising it to the amount I get for completing each quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a issue with gaining reputation in my corporate catalog. When I complete a quest it doesn't give me any reputation at all. Everything is 0 when it should be raising it to the amount I get for completing each quest.
The tracks in the corporate catalog are not the actual reputation tracks anymore. I accidentally left those in last update. My apologies for the confusion.

You can use /scoreboard players list playername to see your current reputation levels. Next update, there are quests that better track your reputation.

D

Darkzonegermany

The Scoreboard says that i have 58 Job Reputation, 0 Shop Loyality and doesen´t even show 0 Trader Renown. Everytime I start the Game it goes to the stats 58/0/0

Attifyon

Jul 29, 2019
fHd8Q

I don't really know if this has something to do with the way this modpack is configured or if it is caused by a bug in AE2, but while looking for a stronghold I found a random boulder made of AE2 interfaces on top of a tree stump. I'm playing singleplayer so I'm fairly certain this wasn't another player's tomfoolery :confused:

EDIT: I bought about 7 legendary loot bags and opened them all, and ever since I've done that I started to randomly crash and get this error log every now and then, which makes my main save outright unplayable. One of the legendary bags contained a few epic bags, one of which contained a bunch of good bags, one of which contained a series C2 blind loot bag for Carpenter's Blocks and whenever I tried to open that bag I got nothing but the bag itself back. Could that have caused this?

Attachments

• crash-2016-10-01_22.06.49-server.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
J

joeblogs888

hey pretty new to the minecraft scene but been enjoying this mod. but... it crashed while i was playing and i had to do a hard restart, to which the mod would not load up and would crash the game but on the crash report it would say it wouldn't know the issue. i re downloaded the mod and copied the region file to restore my world back, but lost my inventory and all my quests ect which isnt the end of the world just annoying. but then it crashed again. this time the mod loads fine but upon opening the world the game crashes with the same report has any one had this or can point me into the right direction to fix?

Attachments

• crash-2016-10-02_12.29.31-server.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 62

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
@joeblogs888
"java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop <--- something went wrong on the server/ internal server
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:524)<--- process questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:483) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:409) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23) <--- this indicates that the world was just loaded, so when opening
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_829_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
-snip-

my guess is that your questing data somehow got corrupted. specifically your hqm quest data, at "\.minecraft\saves\<WorldName>\HardcoreQuesting\" should be 2 files "players.dat" "players.dat-backup", try renaming the backup and try starting the world again, if it still crashes with the backup renamed, try deleting/removing it (you will lose HQM progress).

admittedly, you are the first to report this issue, but it happens again, please describe exactly what caused it (opening a bag/ crafting a item, completing a quest ect.)

in addition, java 1.8.0_25 is a bit out of date, try updating java as well

@Attifyon
that is a known and reported bug with better questing, the issue is that the scoreboard was updated while it was trying to store it to disk, there is nothing you or us can do until it is fixed by the mod dev.
link to the issue: https://github.com/Funwayguy/StandardQuestingPack/issues/20

Last edited:

Omgalof

Jul 29, 2019
if possible i wold like to request the inclusion of Refined Relocation to the pack
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/refined-relocation