[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
maybe try the firmware update quest ?it should sync all the quests to the latest public version of them

omg that's probly what Caigan meant for me to do but thanks for pointing it out, it fixed it yay :D

Another issue my friends and I have been having is after 10-15 minutes of being in game, if we submit items for a quest, our screens go black for a few seconds and all that is visible is the HUD..

Anyone else experiencing this and if so, know what causes it?

When doing the RF submission, use the rf submission station to get the rf and once completed then claim in your book, don't do the detect/submit thing for rf. If you have slow rf transmit then just wait till you know it's finished and claim

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
. The server I have has cauldron installed and the only plugin is a sleeping percentage mod.
I cannot guarantee the modpack will play properly with anything but the forge dedicated server stuff.

Things like Cauldron, Optifine, etc have a tendency to have odd issues the larger the pack is, and there really isn't anything I can do about it. Most mod authors will tell you, as well, that they do not support Cauldron or Optifine or whatnot.

Another issue my friends and I have been having is after 10-15 minutes of being in game, if we submit items for a quest, our screens go black for a few seconds and all that is visible is the HUD..
Strange. I know some texture packs can cause this issue, but not after 10-15 minutes. Make sure someone isn't starting, say, an RF Submission quest as that is known to break the book currently while RF is being submitted (this is fixed in the next update already).

Something you and your friends might try is updating Better Questing and Standard Expansion to the latest versions and see if that still happens.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
K i am at the point where i need tons of draconic cores. I have my ae making 100k supply crates. I have click submit and claim so many times in the last 4 days. Is there a better way to get coins? or a way to automate it?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
K i am at the point where i need tons of draconic cores. I have my ae making 100k supply crates. I have click submit and claim so many times in the last 4 days. Is there a better way to get coins? or a way to automate it?
sag mill can process down the supply crates into coins(just like the quest) ,then theres a token that signifys ur shop loyalty tier (if u craft it alone u get more of it )and u alloy smelt that with the coins needed to get a voucher

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. The SAG Mill is used to automate submitting all supply crates except the 200k (which I forgot to add both a SAGMill recipe and a break-down to smaller crates recipe for).

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx wish i had know this 3 days ago lol.

great pack having a lot of fun with it. Just beat the chaos dragon.

Last edited:

Attifyon

Jul 29, 2019
If you're taking balancing ideas I'd recommend either nerfing the cinderpearl FMC value or removing their seeds from the game. Once you get 10/10/10 Agricraft seeds you can easily expand your farm with the clipping tool, it matures multiple times every day and each harvest nets 2k FMC. I'm doing a low-tech magic run so only the harvesting is automated by Thaumcraft golems and I have a relatively small 80-crop farm but I'm practically swimming in vouchers.
EDIT: And also while I understand why you disabled magical wooden tool parts I think we should still be able to craft the tool rods and bindings/guards as an alternative to paper/thaumium. Even with just the tool heads disabled you can't get the full set bonus and it is still pretty much inferior to thaumium without that bonus.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
If you're taking balancing ideas I'd recommend either nerfing the cinderpearl FMC value or removing their seeds from the game. Once you get 10/10/10 Agricraft seeds you can easily expand your farm with the clipping tool, it matures multiple times every day and each harvest nets 2k FMC. I'm doing a low-tech magic run so only the harvesting is automated by Thaumcraft golems and I have a relatively small 80-crop farm but I'm practically swimming in vouchers.
EDIT: And also while I understand why you disabled magical wooden tool parts I think we should still be able to craft the tool rods and bindings/guards as an alternative to paper/thaumium. Even with just the tool heads disabled you can't get the full set bonus and it is still pretty much inferior to thaumium without that bonus.
Thaumium is always inferior to magical wood even if u disable the full tool effect of magical wood ,thaumium can only be used for 1 part (1 modifier) or full tool (2 modifiers ) magical wood is 1 per part no restriction

U only think u have a lot of fmc D.E begs to differ u can devour a barrel of vouchers much easier then ud think , i can think of a magic only way to quickly grow and harvest them rapidly automatically or a very very very fast way by just idling there(not all magic mods are equal) with 2 items active
Did u get the initial seeds from villagers? Because they can't be mutated to (at least I could not crossbreed to get shimmerleaf even with cinder pearl seeds)

Don't forgot fluxed crystals are in this pack so there's many ways to get resources

Last edited:

Attifyon

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumium is always inferior to magical wood even if u disable the full tool effect of magical wood ,thaumium can only be used for 1 part (1 modifier) or full tool (2 modifiers ) magical wood is 1 per part no restriction

U only think u have a lot of fmc D.E begs to differ u can devour a barrel of vouchers much easier then ud think , i can think of a magic only way to quickly grow and harvest them rapidly automatically or a very very very fast way by just idling there(not all magic mods are equal) with 2 items active
Did u get the initial seeds from villagers? Because they can't be mutated to (at least I could not crossbreed to get shimmerleaf even with cinder pearl seeds)

Don't forgot fluxed crystals are in this pack so there's many ways to get resources
You can use whatever material initially for the tool you're making and then replace those with Thaumium to avoid that and get a modifier per Thaumium part.

And I wouldn't know about how many vouchers I'll need later on but right now the only mod I'm looking into is Thaumcraft and even then I haven't made an Infusion Altar, but that's the problem: I don't even collect resources if I can buy them with vouchers. All you need for more vouchers than you'd need early-game is an auto-harvester and an auto-crafter, and since this pack has MFR, Thaumcraft and SFM none of these is a real issue.
Yeah, I did find them in a village but according to NEI you can randomly get them from tallgrass with a 0.22% chance, which could be somewhat automated with TE Autonomous Activators, a bonemeal farm and a TiCon scythe with lots of durability and lapis.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Curiously, the combination of creosote and thermal expansion is very common in both FTB and third party packs. It just means you play a lot of unusual packs :)

I play a lot of packs with interesting tech combinations and trees, favoring packs that use massive multiblock machines. :D

Reactions: Pyure

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
If you're taking balancing ideas I'd recommend either nerfing the cinderpearl FMC value or removing their seeds from the game.
Thaumcraft and MFR are still needing to be revalued for the next update.

But stuff like you are saying is pretty easy to do in a variety of ways and is fine. The goal of the pack will have more than twice the current amount of quests, and the Shop partially is my way of making it interesting for folks, so they can focus on smaller things and buy whatever they don't.

But I understand what you mean. I still need to look over configs and reconsider a few things and strike a better balance if I can, but its not a super high priority type thing in this case.