[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
i have some quest that say complete, and unclaimed rewards. the thing is i haven't done them yet and they won't let me turn in the items.
crystals and essences - the basic of artificing and alchemical distillation.
protecting your assets - Barrel improvement
Magical flowers - Strength of the earth and power and elegance

For the Basics of Artificing quest, there are several items you need to hand in. Its not just the Arcane Stone. You also need to hand in an Item Grate, 1 Paving stone each of Travel and Warding, 1 Enchanted Fabric and 1 pair of Thaumaturge's Boots, 1 mundane Ring, Amulet and Belt, 1 Hungry Chest and a Bone Bow.
For the Alchemical Distillation, you need the Alchemical Furnace, 1 Silverwood Log, 1 Vis Filter, 1 Arcane Alembic, 1 each of Glass Phial, Essentia Tube, Essentia Valve and Essentia Resonator, 1 Warded Jar and 1 Jar Label.
For the Barrel Improvement, you need 1 of each Structural Upgrade (MK I, II, III and IV).
As for the Botania ones, can't help you there, I am not up to those yet.

Hint though, that when there are arrow buttons next to to the Detect/Submit button, that means more than one item is required to complete the quest

Reactions: An0nymuS

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
Just starting playing the pack today. I like the idea of completing orders. I have a basic question about upgrading tools. I get the paper hammer early. I made a stone hammer head. Can I upgrade the tool without having enough iron to make the tool forge? I tried it in a crafting station but it didn't work. I made sure the hammer is completely repaired.

You can in fact replace parts in a tinker's weapon, thanks to the IguanaTweaks mod. However, stone parts are, by Iguanatweaks, disabled. You have to use something other than stone. I recommend flint, for your starting items, though I'm not sure you can actually use flint for hammers, which are tier 2, and normally require the tool forge to make rather than the tool station.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
You can in fact replace parts in a tinker's weapon, thanks to the IguanaTweaks mod. However, stone parts are, by Iguanatweaks, disabled. You have to use something other than stone. I recommend flint, for your starting items, though I'm not sure you can actually use flint for hammers, which are tier 2, and normally require the tool forge to make rather than the tool station.

How do you replace the parts? Do you have to use the Tool Forge?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Config for this pack only restricts u from using magical wood for tool parts All other parts are allowed but some materials have modified stats (like terrasteel buffed,enderium nerfed, signalium nerfed, both draconium types buffed) +others, iguana tweaks does not hold back tinkers it mostly strengthens it.tool levelling is also stronger then normal

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
For the Basics of Artificing quest, there are several items you need to hand in. Its not just the Arcane Stone. You also need to hand in an Item Grate, 1 Paving stone each of Travel and Warding, 1 Enchanted Fabric and 1 pair of Thaumaturge's Boots, 1 mundane Ring, Amulet and Belt, 1 Hungry Chest and a Bone Bow.
For the Alchemical Distillation, you need the Alchemical Furnace, 1 Silverwood Log, 1 Vis Filter, 1 Arcane Alembic, 1 each of Glass Phial, Essentia Tube, Essentia Valve and Essentia Resonator, 1 Warded Jar and 1 Jar Label.
For the Barrel Improvement, you need 1 of each Structural Upgrade (MK I, II, III and IV).
As for the Botania ones, can't help you there, I am not up to those yet.

Hint though, that when there are arrow buttons next to to the Detect/Submit button, that means more than one item is required to complete the quest
i know this these quest are light blue and say completed with unclaimed rewards. but i have not done them. they came unlocked like that. when they unlocked the came as completed.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod adds this structure? Its a house made of bricks and some smooth stone. The house has two floors and a spiral staircase that goes down to a dungeon. The dungeon has some spawners and some extra rooms. I'm at work so no pictures.

The walls have switches and redstone lamps in the ceilings. I'm afraid that the switches might be bobby traps and I don't want to blow the place up. Are the switches safe?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like one of the rogue like dungeon mod structures. Yeah, I'd be suspicious.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
It is rouge like dungeons. The stair case heads straight down to one.

Derp: read the previous post wrong. Real answer this time: depending on where the switch is? Some do turn on the lamps. But always be suspicious in the dungeons

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
i know this these quest are light blue and say completed with unclaimed rewards. but i have not done them. they came unlocked like that. when they unlocked the came as completed.

They came already completed?
That sounds like a visual bug with the book... try collecting/crafting all the items required and submitting them normally.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Can I upgrade the tool without having enough iron to make the tool forge? I tried it in a crafting station but it didn't work. I made sure the hammer is completely repaired.
Using a Crafting Station, you need to put the Tinker Tool in the center spot (the one that shows the tool outline), then you can replace the parts in it. Otherwise, you can use a Tool Station or Tool Forge.

i have some quest that say complete, and unclaimed rewards. the thing is i haven't done them yet and they won't let me turn in the items.
Hm, that's very odd. I'll look into those.

If they say completed, do they still unlock the next quests in line?

The walls have switches and redstone lamps in the ceilings. I'm afraid that the switches might be bobby traps and I don't want to blow the place up. Are the switches safe?
These are Roguelike Dungeons.

They are scattered with traps, but mostly, the explosive type will set off a couple TNT at most. There are pitfall traps and whatnot as well.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
They came already completed?
That sounds like a visual bug with the book... try collecting/crafting all the items required and submitting them normally.
k for Strength of the earth i need 1 terasteel ingot, i terrasteel blade and a mana mirror. I have all 3 in my invy and hit detect and nothing.
Quest say complete with unclamimed rewards. I open quest it won't let me claim rewards. And on right side it says incomplete under terrasteel ingot. Like i said it unlocked like this and it unlocks any quest behind it. i have 4 other quest like this.

also i have a fuzzy card on my ae system on my mob farm. have it set to pull out bows. It pulls out arrows also. Can't narrow down but 1 piece of armor in a fuzzy card is pulling out zombie heads and brains also. Is there a way to stop this.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Like i said it unlocked like this and it unlocks any quest behind it. i have 4 other quest like this.
If you hover over the quest in your book while holding SHIFT, it will show a number.

You can then use /bq_admin reset (quest number) (player name)

So for me, resetting Strength of the Earth would be /bq_admin reset 283 caigan

Can't narrow down but 1 piece of armor in a fuzzy card is pulling out zombie heads and brains also. Is there a way to stop this.
It might be grabbing the ore dictionary zFMC1500 from Iron Chestplate/Legs for some reason, as Zombie Heads and Zombie Brains are also that FMC Value. I don't know if there's a way to get AE to look at a different ore dictionary value in fuzzy cards.

Reactions: BIBLO

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx caigan

having fun with pack. Love the way u explain the quest and what each item does. Helps understanding the diff mods in the pack.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A LITTLE PROGRESS UPDATE

So, I haven't done one of these in a while, now is a good a time as any. Progress on 0.2.1 is slow but steady.

cm29ItS.png

The FRD main page has been reorganized and redesigned. The three reputation tracks are now outlined, each separated into 10 levels. This will make it easy for folks to see how far they are, as well as be rewarded with blind bags as they increase their reputation.

There is a space in the lower left for one more set of Reputation collectables, which have not been designed yet. They will function just like Trader Chits and Shop Tokens.

There is also a quest that will run the /scoreboard command for you.

b3vZ763.png

lq17q3R.png

Researchology is also getting some improvements. Not only do Researchology drops have brand new icons, there are also 25x quests for each drop! Filling these will give you slightly more Coins and Reputation as a bonus as well!

Later I will also add a SAG Mill automation method that will return less coins and reputation in exchange for being hands-free. (this is where the Job Reputation tokens come in)

OTHER THINGS

• At this point, Matter Overdrive removal is more or less confirmed. I've been getting more reports here and there lately of MO issues and weirdness.
  • Replacing it will be Railcraft and NuclearCraft.
  • Dimensional Anchors will also be removed, since Railcraft has a good World Anchor that I can customize.
  • I do want to replace the guns that MO provided with another mod, so I will be looking into what will work. Many players have told me they like MO mostly for the projectile weaponry that isn't bows/shurikens/etc.
  • Multiple questlines are in various stages of work right now. For sure, AE2 is planned. Other quests that may or may not get added : Tinker's Construct, Open Blocks, Pams Harvest Craft, Agricraft, and/or Random Things.
  • Dangerous items in Blind Bags will be replaced with some sort of 'redemption' ticket, to prevent accidental activating and sending half your base to the sky, or turning your world into fire/cake/etc. This way, those items are STILL available in the blind bags, but you will need to craft the ticket to get the item properly.
  • More things will be added to FMC values.
  • More things will be added to the Corporate Catalog.
  • And much more!

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
The Botania Blind Bag, series G 1 gave me a Dice of Fate today, however, I am unable to use this Botania item, because it is soul bound to caigan, making it impossible to actually use.
http://puu.sh/rjI6N/4263e1240a.jpg

Attached screenshot shows the item description for the Dice.

Please fix, or remove Dice from Blind Bag prize pool

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
The Botania Blind Bag, series G 1 gave me a Dice of Fate today, however, I am unable to use this Botania item, because it is soul bound to caigan, making it impossible to actually use.
http://puu.sh/rjI6N/4263e1240a.jpg

Attached screenshot shows the item description for the Dice.

Please fix, or remove Dice from Blind Bag prize pool
bug alreadt reported a couple of times ;) could be fixed.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Many players have told me they like MO mostly for the projectile weaponry that isn't bows/shurikens/etc.
definitely
other stuff definitely shiny and intersting(hmm fully-automated villger trading with railcraft)
comicaly enough touching others players relics used to be quite painful (lol at the thought of an amazing bag being the cuase of someones death )